PDA

View Full Version : FF9 song

Lynx
06-26-2006, 06:49 AM
the FMV scene where theyre flying the airhsip through the mountains and the mounatin gate being chased by the black waltz. the song they play does it have a name? i have all the midi's and that ones missing so does anyone know the name of that song?

Silent Warrior
06-27-2006, 06:48 AM
Well, that's embedded in the FMV - PCM/WAVE-look-alike, not MIDI. Get PSPlay or PSXMC or whatever and extract the sound from that FMV and you're cool. (And if you figure out how to get the sound-effects out of it, let me now.)

Raven Nox
06-27-2006, 07:48 AM
That one should be called "Breaking Through South Gate." All the songs from the FMVs are missing on the "Final Fantasy IX OST", and are instead on the "Final Fantasy IX OST PLUS." I don't think I've ever seen anyone do midi's to the OST PLUS ablum though, so if you want the song, you'll have to buy it or find MP3's.

Sefie1999AD
06-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Since FMV songs are orchestral and almost all of them appear in only FFIX OST Plus, it's very hard to find midis for them. I don't think the FMV with "Breaking Through South Gate" had any background sound effect, only the music, so if you want the song without buying FFIX OST Plus or downloading the mp3, you can just extract or record it from the FMV. The programs mentioned by Silent Warrior should be able to extract the song.