PDA

View Full Version : POINTY EARS!!! GAAAAAAAH!

Jessweeee♪
06-26-2006, 07:45 PM
Is anybody else annoyed by the pointy ears? It just makes them look...uglier...somehow. Especially Vaan.
I'm not going to let it ruin the game for me, though.

~SapphireStar~
06-26-2006, 07:47 PM
I didnt like Zidanes tail, but it didnt ruin FF9 for me. But they look like normal ears to me.

MageLuingil
06-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Vaan has pointy ears? I never noticed ... Oh well, I don't mind pointy ears anyway. Maybe it's 'cause I've got elf-blood in me...

Jessweeee♪
06-26-2006, 10:55 PM
and why does Lightning have pointy ears??? Isn't FFXII enough? Well, it's not as bad as the lego people, and I still enjoyed FFVII.

Angelroo
06-26-2006, 11:30 PM
I thought Fran was the one with pointy ears. Besides in all the pics I've seen, Vaan's hair covers his ears. :confused:

Ichigo321
06-27-2006, 06:26 PM
it doesn't really make any difference so....i don't mind pointy ears.

YTDN
06-27-2006, 06:36 PM
I think pointy ears are cute.

jj984jj
06-27-2006, 08:43 PM
and why does Lightning have pointy ears??? Isn't FFXII enough? Well, it's not as bad as the lego people, and I still enjoyed FFVII.
Le-go... peo-ple........

I think you have some issues dude.

~SapphireStar~
06-27-2006, 08:47 PM
You havent heard of Lego? Your the one who has issues.
Lego (http://www.lego.com/eng/default.aspx)

jj984jj
06-27-2006, 08:52 PM
You havent heard of Lego? Your the one who has issues.
Lego (http://www.lego.com/eng/default.aspx)
Of course I've HEARD of lego, but what in the world does it have to do with Final Fantasy? No FF characters look like lego people.

And Vaan doesn't have pointy ears either.
http://www.images.ffshrine.org/ffxii/121204.jpg

~SapphireStar~
06-27-2006, 08:59 PM
She wasnt saying any FF characters looked like Lego people. This thread is about pointy ears being annyoing. Perhaps she finds Lego people annoying, hence the reason she said it. Some people on this forum do say random things we dont get.

jj984jj
06-27-2006, 09:01 PM
She wasnt saying any FF characters looked like Lego people. This thread is about pointy ears being annyoing. Perhaps she finds Lego people annoying, hence the reason she said it. Some people on this forum do say random things we dont get.
Which is why I said I think the topic creator has some issues.

LunarWeaver
06-27-2006, 09:47 PM
I guess we're out of things to complain about and the game isn't even out yet. That's a new record for this place.

Nominus Experse
06-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Which is why I said I think the topic creator has some issues.

I think Jesse1 was making note of how the characters of FFVII were rendered graphically in the game itself. The graphics were a little... blocky, and so some people have made mention of how the characters look somewhat like LEGO people.

My friend and I refer to the FFVII in-game character graphics as LEGO people graphics, so it isn't a completely unfamiliar term within the group of friends I have that play/played Final Fantasy VII.

On topic: pointy ears, if even they were able to be seen readily, wouldn't really bother me. It would just add a fantasy-esque flair to things, and as this is Final FANTASY, I have no qualms with such a thing occurring.

vorpal blade
06-28-2006, 10:24 AM
When Cloud was falling off the bridge (right before landing in Aeris' church), i noted that he looked like a toy. But lego... never occured to me but it fits.
And I dont see any pointy ears on Vaan. Not that it would hurt the game much.

~SapphireStar~
06-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Not that it would hurt the game much.
It wouldnt hurt the game fullstop.

drunkymonkey
06-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Pointy Ears FTW! Anything that makes the game look more fantasy is a winner for me.

Jessweeee♪
06-28-2006, 06:51 PM
O....K....the people in FFVII just reminded me of legos a little, no need to freak out. Anyway I was simply saying that I would prefer the game w/o pointy ears.

atlanteay
06-28-2006, 07:50 PM
i don't see Vaan having pointy ears... i know Fran does but Vaan? maybe taht's why they're called Humes instead of Human even though there aren't much differences.

jj984jj
06-29-2006, 06:25 AM
i don't see Vaan having pointy ears... i know Fran does but Vaan? maybe taht's why they're called Humes instead of Human even though there aren't much differences.
Exactly, only the Humes really have pointy ears.

vorpal blade
06-29-2006, 09:46 AM
I think calling them Humes is just to make it seem more fantastic. Or to prevent any "human/huwoman" debates.
Listen up, people. I just put in the FFXII demo that came with Dragon Quest VIII. I watched the opening trailer, focusing on the ears and found no pointiness in the human ears. I selected the mission on the Phon Coast and moved the characters right in front of a rock so that i could get their faces up close. No poininess in Vaan, Penelo or that other guy. No pointiness!! They (Vaan to a lesser extent) sure look cool though.

Jessweeee♪
06-29-2006, 09:55 PM
? I could have sworn I saw some. Maybe I was wrong.

Rikku_Is_Me
07-03-2006, 05:39 AM
All I know is that pointy ears rule...it seems like pointy ears resemble elves...and elves are like a fantasy icon...

atlanteay
07-03-2006, 05:42 AM
could you post a few pictures of vaan's pointy ears? it's hard to talk about something with few evidence

!Rikku!
07-10-2006, 05:39 AM
I don't think the have "pointy" ears.I think they have normal ears.But if they would,I'd say they are cute!!:love: Vaans is cute enough for me!

drunkymonkey
07-10-2006, 09:19 AM
All I know is that pointy ears rule...it seems like pointy ears resemble elves...and elves are like a fantasy icon...True. That's basically what I was saying. Anything that gives a fantasy tone to things owns.

Incidentally: have there ever been elves in an FF game?

Jessweeee♪
07-10-2006, 08:15 PM
all right all right, I was mistaken I'm sorry okay????

I'm killing this ulty avatar, makes me look n00bish...

Elpizo
07-12-2006, 12:50 PM
All I know is that pointy ears rule...it seems like pointy ears resemble elves...and elves are like a fantasy icon...True. That's basically what I was saying. Anything that gives a fantasy tone to things owns.

Yeah, in Final Fantasy I you had to save the Elf Prince from Dark Elf Astos. And there was an entire village of those elves. But I don't see them appearing in later FF games...

bipper
07-12-2006, 04:48 PM

Yeah, in Final Fantasy I you had to save the Elf Prince from Dark Elf Astos. And there was an entire village of those elves. But I don't see them appearing in later FF games...

FFIV; the dark elf.

ScottNUMBERS
07-15-2006, 04:25 PM

FFIV; the dark elf.
And the race Elvaan on FFXI.

drunkymonkey
07-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Funny that, you'd think that the it would be one of the biggest races, considering its foundations in fantasy.