PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Card Problems

Max
06-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Well I bought a new graphics card due to the fact I have integrated grahpics... So anyway, it's a NVIDia geforce2 mx 400 64mb w/tv.

Well the problem is that I install the graphics card drivers from the site, and then restart my computer. So when it comes up I run dxdiag. I go into Display and it still says im running the SiS integrated graphics card still. So I then go to hardware manager and uninstall the SiS card drivers. Restart again, and I go back to dxdiag and it still says im running the SiS. Whats going on?

Yamaneko
06-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Make sure to disable the IG device from your system's bios when you first boot up. I believe Windows gives preference to integrated devices.

crono_logical
06-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Is it doing that with the monitor connected to the new card? Could be Windows is using both cards - multiple monitor support is interesting :p I've not tried it myself though with two graphics cards enabled at once, so dunno if dxdiag behaves funny or gives wrong information when in that configuration :p

Samuraid
06-27-2006, 01:36 AM
I'm pretty sure DxDiag will have 2 tabs for Display, one for each video device. That's at least how it handles multiple sound cards.

Max
06-27-2006, 01:55 AM
Make sure to disable the IG device from your system's bios when you first boot up. I believe Windows gives preference to integrated devices.

How would I do this, I loaded Bios when I first started up. The only thing that I saw that had to do with video on the hardware options is Primary video slot. I changed it to AGP/Onboard because the graphics card goes through the AGP port. But dxdiag still says im running under SiS. Before I switched to AGP/Onboard it was on PCI.

Yamaneko
06-27-2006, 02:14 AM
Try disabling the onboard video through the device manager instead of uninstalling it.

Max
06-27-2006, 02:34 AM
Well after I disabled it dxdiag said that the computer is using a generic Video Driver. So I reinstall the drivers for the card and it still says that im using the default video driver.