PDA

View Full Version : whooping the goers

lady yunalesca
06-26-2006, 11:54 PM
on my fifth or sixth playthrough i finally did it!!! i finally beat the goers at the first luca tournament!!! i didnt think it was possible!! :p ...so happy......elated even!!!:love: :love: :love:

has anyone else done it??? did you get the jecht shot first (i did)....very handy it was too!!! :)

Tempest
06-27-2006, 12:22 AM
I've done it on my second play through. The Jecht Shot made it a lot easier. I remember I was beating them by 1 point and they had the ball with only 10 seconds left. I kept telling the dang timer to hurry up. It did and I won. :D

Hambone
06-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Yeah. It's hard as well, as hard as things can get. I've watched this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22eIavqlZrs&search=Luca%20Goers) video many times and still haven't beaten them.

gabrielo2580
06-27-2006, 12:29 AM
i beat it my first time on all 3 playthroughs..

i beat them 2 to 1,
1 to 0,
and finally 3 to 0..

u have a couple options to beat them 1st thing u shuld note is dont try to beat them on auto moving put it to manual A all u have to do is drag the defense away from tidus then score and right after halftime u get an automatic point cuz of jecht shot

ur second option is to score once then swim behind the goalie making the opposing team swim in circles

lastly u can just do a long pass to tidus and he almost always breaks through that girl and u can just shoot there u can score up to 4 times in a row like that

Jings
06-27-2006, 02:34 AM
Only ever played blitzball once and it was at that Luca tournament. I remember being one up at half time but i had absolutely no idea what i was doing so the opposition equalised. When it went into extra time i must have played for a good half an hour deadlocked only to lose another goal. I was bloody fumigating when it happened and retired from the blitzball game forever a very unhappy man. If Tidus hadn't gone off for Wakka i firmly believe i would have won that game. Bah! It haunts me to this very day.

BardTard
06-27-2006, 06:03 AM
me too!!! the first time I played the game I didn't wanna lose so I kept restarting the game like 3 times and then I got sick of it, so I was like screw this, I don't really care if I lose... I'm playing it again and I won with a score of 1:0. haha and on my first try. I don't really like playing Blitzball... cus the Aurochs suck... well congrats on winning!!

Mitch
06-27-2006, 07:00 AM
the easiest way to beat them is level up in the first half by passing the ball lots

do nothing but pass the ball

then whoop their asses in the second half

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-27-2006, 11:07 AM
i didn't manage it on my first playthrough, but i have on everyone since then. my best score was my latest one of 4-0

IceAngel
06-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Second times charmer with me :D. So much easier with the Jecht Shot.

crazybayman
06-27-2006, 03:37 PM
Yep, the key is to draw their defence away from Tidus by having your defence pass it around. Once Tidus is open, or near the net with just one or 2 defenders to beat, pass it to him, so he can use Jecht Shot.

Do that once in the first half, as it'll use up your HP so you won't be able to the Jecht Shot again until the second half. Of course you can score, but you'll need a little luck in getting Tidus open for a close shot. In the second half, do it early (the Jecht Shot that is), so that you can get in that one goal before Tidus goes off.

Besides that, once you have possession, pass it around a lot, avoiding encounters. The Aurochs do suck individually skill-wise, and usually the Goers forwards will beat them in encounters.

Win that game, and once you leave Luca scout players so you can stack your team.

gabrielo2580
06-27-2006, 06:03 PM
blitzball doesnt get hard at all until you do LOTS of leagues while not trainign in exhibit

Leen-Leen
06-27-2006, 06:06 PM
I didn't beat them on my first playthrough, and I didn't have the Jecht Shot. I did it on my second though, with the Jecht shot. But even with the jecht shot on my third playthrough, I wasn't able to win. Blitzball frustrates me -- I'm no good at it xD

Renmiri
06-27-2006, 06:08 PM
Second time, but with Jecht shot. Even then, you have to be fast otherwise Tidus gets switched w/ Wakka and there goes your advantge!

You can also win by keeping the score 0x0 until Wakka gets in, then go for the goal. I did it a couple of times...

4evarisha
06-27-2006, 06:45 PM
First time I won.One to zero.

Jessweeee♪
06-27-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm not so good at blitzball. I've never won. So you're saying if I swim behind the opposing team's goal they'll go in circles?? I could do that.

gabrielo2580
06-28-2006, 12:12 AM
in my opinion blitzball is to easy in this game all u gotta do is drag defense away and its liek auto score every time..

4evarisha
06-28-2006, 02:34 AM
cool then