PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-27-2006, 02:45 AM
What's your favorite Star Wars movie from the original trilogy? Episode IV is my favorite movie I love the scene where Luke destroyed the Death Star.

fantasyjunkie
06-27-2006, 06:28 AM
Empire Strikes Back

Kirobaito
06-27-2006, 06:41 AM
The Empire Strikes Back. This is not a disputable question.

Zeromus_X
06-27-2006, 06:45 AM
Return of the Jedi. I also liked Phantom Menace.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-27-2006, 07:07 AM
The Empire Strikes Back. This is not a disputable question.Serious.

nik0tine
06-27-2006, 07:07 AM
Definetly the Empire Strikes Back.

Rase
06-27-2006, 07:12 AM
I agree with the majority here, The Empire Strikes Back is easily the best.

Meat Puppet
06-27-2006, 07:15 AM
Return of the Jedi was my favourite. If that's the one where Darth Vader takes off his hat. That was my favourite part of the whole series. I kind of felt naughty whenever I watched that scene.

Slade
06-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Return of the Jedi. I still get goosebumps when I watch the part where the Super Star Destroyer crashes into the Death Star :love:

starseeker
06-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Return of the Jedi, I found The Empire Strikes Back really scary.

~SapphireStar~
06-27-2006, 11:57 AM
The Empire Strikes Back. This is not a disputable question.

edczxcvbnm
06-27-2006, 03:55 PM
The best is unquestionably Star Wars...later titled Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Empire was good but it was not a complete story a leaves many questions to be answered in a movie that is not half as good. I like the original due to how they slowly bring you into the universe of star wars and explain how things work in the universe. The other movies all expect you to know and have some understanding going in.

Chris
06-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Empire Strikes Back
One of the best movies ever made.

Cz
06-27-2006, 06:18 PM
ESB's a great film, but I prefer A New Hope, simply because as an introduction to the Star Wars universe it's magnificent. Plus, I like my movies with a proper conclusion, thanks very much.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-27-2006, 06:31 PM
The Wrath of Kahn.

Wait, what?

Roto13
06-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Return of the Jedi for me. :)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-27-2006, 07:14 PM
I don't understand why most movie critics would say Empire Strikes Back other than the impact of the twist it had at it's climax. I'm gonna say Return of the Jedi

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-27-2006, 08:07 PM
The Wrath of Kahn.

Wait, what?

This is about STAR WARS not Star Trek you Dee Dee Dee!:rolleyes2

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Well, yes. I was making a joke.
And you used a Carlos Mencia line to top it all off.
Ick, dude. Ick.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Whatever Carlos Mencia is better than most of the comedians on Comedy Central and you can't say Dave Chappelle anymore because he's gone he quit a long time ago. By the way is there anybody here (Besides myself.) who was grossed out when Obi-Wan revealed to Luke that Leia was actually his twin sister in Episode VI? Because that's nasty when you think about it. Leia french kissed Luke in the Empire Strikes Back. And in Return Of The Jedi it's revealed that she's his sister!

edczxcvbnm
06-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Whatever Carlos Mencia is better than most of the comedians on Comedy Central and you can't say Dave Chappelle anymore because he's gone he quit a long time ago. By the way is there anybody here (Besides myself.) who was grossed out when Obi-Wan revealed to Luke that Leia was actually his twin sister in Episode VI? Because that's nasty when you think about it. Leia french kissed Luke in the Empire Strikes Back. And in Return Of The Jedi it's revealed that she's his sister!

They were in the womb together. I am sure they had some hot sex in there.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Ewww dude ewww! *Vomits*

NorthernChaosGod
07-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Empire hands down.

Psychotic
07-02-2006, 12:52 AM
ESB's a great film, but I prefer A New Hope, simply because as an introduction to the Star Wars universe it's magnificent. Plus, I like my movies with a proper conclusion, thanks very much.Absolutely.

Obi-Wan was fantastic. It's just not the same when he's a weird hallucinogenic force ghost thing.

DanteV9
07-02-2006, 12:54 AM
The latest one. Very emotional.

darkchrono
07-02-2006, 03:46 AM
I thought the whole thing in Jedi where the Emporer is trying to turn Luke was the best part in the entire series. So I am going to go with Return of the Jedi because the Emporer is in it and because of the last thirty minutes.

chrisfffan
07-27-2006, 11:11 PM
i like the first one the story telling is the best

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Empire Strikes Back by far...of course that off all of them Revenge of the Sith will always be the best:D

Sefie1999AD
07-28-2006, 09:23 AM
The best is unquestionably Star Wars...later titled Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Empire was good but it was not a complete story a leaves many questions to be answered in a movie that is not half as good. I like the original due to how they slowly bring you into the universe of star wars and explain how things work in the universe. The other movies all expect you to know and have some understanding going in.

That's one of the reasons why Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope was my favorite movie out of the original trilogy. Being introduced to the unique worlds, the setting, the adventure and the final battle, these were all very well done, IMHO. It's also one of my favorite moments when Darth Vader is about to blast Luke's ship during the final battle, and Han Solo returns to save the day. :)

Nominus Experse
07-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Empire Strikes Back - I love the reversal in the scheme of things, almost akin to that of a delayed counterattack. In addition, there is betrayal, redemption, love and jealousy, new appearences of characters that you come to anticiparte and enjoy, and the haunting revelation of what the truth really is.

I like A New Hope for the fact that it awed me with a new and eciting series, but that doesn't quite cut it for me.

I think the third episode would have topped the list in my mind, but the dialogue was utterly inexcusable, creating a very flaky, awkward, and completely rushed feel to it. And in many ways, the overabundance of special effects and whatnot, seem to have detracted from the story. Yes, Star Wars pioneered many things in the special effects department, but at this point, it seem sto be too much.

I want the story, the acting, characters that seem true and real, not the people with faces that hold lightsabers and wave them around in a fashion that is specifically for show, nothing more...