PDA

View Full Version : Man...or Super-Man?

-N-
06-28-2006, 07:50 AM
This movie rocked my face off. Kevin Spacey rocked my face off. Words like "ALIENATION" appearing on a game of Scrabble rocked my face off. The dude who usually plays Cyclops kinda rocked my face off. I wish I was a girl so I could say he's hot. :\

I thought it was a great action movie with some pretty hilarious moments in it. It was also special because the first Superman movie was the first full-length movie I ever saw with my parents when I was 3 - it was taped from a TV airing. the kid killing a man with a piano? Holy crap man that was sick! Discuss.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-28-2006, 08:10 AM
I'll see it this weekend. Superman's kind of a dweeb compared to other superheroes, but Kevin Spacey is more than enough to draw me in.

Miriel
06-28-2006, 08:49 AM
I am hopeful about this movie.

Strider
06-28-2006, 11:39 AM
It's okay, you can be more than hopeful.

I went to see the midnight premeire tonight and... holy crap, dude. AWESOME. Brandon Routh and Kevin Spacey were definitely the best roles in the whole movie. It had everything, too: A little romance, campy humor, sadness, action... what more could you ask for? Are you going to be disappointed?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/striderx284/lexluthor3.jpg

bipper
06-28-2006, 04:05 PM
I was lucky enough to get to see a sneak preview of the movie yesterday at 7:00 in IMAX 3D at the Great Clip's IMAX theatre at the Minnesota Zoo. That rocked. There was 20 minutes worth of 3d that just blew your mind.

Anyways, the movie was great. It was actually had a lot of sincerety that most other comic adaptations miss out on. IT was truley amazing.

Kevin as lex completly stole the show - just amazing. Plot twists were very apparent, and one nice suprising development really makes this movie rate high on my list.

It was very long, but there did not seem to be that much filler. A little bit, but whatever - a very good movie.

Bipper

Del Murder
06-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Well these reviews look promising! I'll see it on the weekend.

XxSephirothxX
06-29-2006, 01:54 AM
One of my friends is going to see it tonight, and I couldn't make it due to work, but he and I are going this Saturday to see it on IMAX. I haven't seen a movie on IMAX before, other than a documentary, and I don't think I could pick much better; maybe Return of the King, but...well, I'm prepared to have my face utterly rocked.

Captain Maxx Power
06-29-2006, 10:56 AM
I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie. I must download this movie.

Because we don't get in England until 17th of July!!!

Sefie1999AD
06-29-2006, 12:17 PM
The Finnish release date is July 28th, so exactly one month after the US release. It will take a while to arrive here. Superman Returns will probably turn out to be a good movie and a great hit, though I'm not sure yet if I'll go and watch it in the movies.

Peegee
06-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Fun story.

It is 8;01am and I am at work. I woke up about 30 minutes ago.

How? I slept in my office parking lot.

That's how hard core a Superman fan I am -- I skipped going home just to watch the late show.

Conclusion: amazing movie. I am very glad this isn't a campy teen movie. I've secretly hated PG13 movies (or didn't really find them memorable) but this one is super.

Oh God it's so amazing. I'm watching it again and again.

Kirobaito
06-30-2006, 07:05 AM
Yep, just got back from watching it. One of the best movies I've seen in a really long time. Just about perfect, really. Kevin Spacey is a master of his art. Brandon Routh did a superb job. Bryan Singer gave the movie a perfect flow. Just really, a phenomenal film.

DeathKnight
06-30-2006, 09:39 AM
This movie sucks, skinny pretty boy :barf:

Batman's movies are 559X better than this.

Sylvie
06-30-2006, 09:54 AM

Superman is skinny?

DeathKnight
06-30-2006, 09:56 AM

Superman is skinny?

In this movie he is.

Captain Maxx Power
06-30-2006, 11:21 AM
In this movie he is.

You are kidding right? Have you seen the size of Routh's thighs? They're about twice the size of his head.

Peegee
06-30-2006, 11:18 PM
He's got a slight point. Batman is buff.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-01-2006, 01:17 AM
heard there wasnt that many fight scenes

DeathKnight
07-01-2006, 01:36 AM

proof that this movie sucks ass.

Just a lot of over used Lois Lane/Superman scenes

Sylvie
07-01-2006, 01:39 AM
proof that this movie sucks ass.

Just a lot of over used Lois Lane/Superman scenes

A movie doesn't suck just because it has no/a small amount of fight scenes.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-01-2006, 01:42 AM
whats the whole point of wasting 7 bucks? if theres no fights ill just wait till dvd or something

Shiny
07-01-2006, 05:02 AM
Kevin Spacey rocked my face off.

I want Kevin Spacey to rock my face off. :( Now I have to see this movie.

The dude who usually plays Cyclops kinda rocked my face off. I wish I was a girl so I could say he's hot. :\

It's okay you can say it. We're all friends here. :shifty:

You are kidding right? Have you seen the size of Routh's thighs? They're about twice the size of his head.
I heard that's really padding. Not just in his thigh and bicep area, but other unmentionable areas as well.

-N-
07-01-2006, 05:27 AM
I created this thread as "SUPERMAN". Now it is "Superman". This is entirely unjustified.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Okay, I fixed it.

Jojee
07-01-2006, 06:55 AM
I wanna see it :</>D But not really enough to go to theatres for it. I just saw Batman Begins this week xD Very, very good. I'll wait for this one to come out on DVD so I can rent it I guess...

Rostum
07-01-2006, 12:39 PM
I saw it on the 29th. I thought it was really good. =) Defenately blew Superman 3 out of the water.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-01-2006, 04:02 PM
hope to see it tommorow my brother saw it, he said it was good and that kitty (Posey somthing forgot the name) was funny! he said lois was boring though!?

DeathKnight: your not like an xmen fanboy arent you?...just curious you just seem to put down the movie for ridiculous reasons

Mo-Nercy
07-01-2006, 06:12 PM
My old high school is used as a setting for this movie. :D

I haven't went to see it yet though. :(

FallenAngel411
07-02-2006, 05:42 AM
I just saw it. I went into it basically never having seen anything of Superman before, and thinking he was the dorkiest, lamest, most cliche comicbook hero ever conceptualized. Two and a half hours later, I left with a huge, stupid grin plastered on my face. The movie was absolutely amazing, Brandon Routh was absolutely flaming hot, Superman is now my favorite comicbook hero EVER, and I am well on my way to forming a full-fledged larger than life obsession with the guy. Starting with my purchase of the four currently available seasons of Smallville.

I will be so very poor by the end of this year. :(

Sephex
07-02-2006, 05:57 AM
Saw it today with dad, my girl, and my sis. Good movie. I couldn't help but laugh at the "WRONG!" scene because of ytmnd.com.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-02-2006, 11:30 AM
just aw it! really good not sure about the crystal plot but everything else was awesome

~SapphireStar~
07-02-2006, 02:20 PM
Kevin Spacey is the only reason I want to see this film.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-02-2006, 03:18 PM
i saw it yesterday and wow........im glad i did:D

Del Murder
07-03-2006, 08:27 PM
It was good, but nothing really knocked me off my feet. From the responses I've seen I expected something spectacular to happen and nothing really did. There was only one major 'twist' in the whole thing and I was expecting a lot more significant developments in a 2 1/2 hour movie. Maybe I just overhyped it or I'm getting a lot harder to impress.

Was much better than X3, but Batman Begins is still the best comic movie in recent years (unless you count X2 as 'recent', my all time favorite comic movie).

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Most of the action sequences placed Superman against circumstances rather than characters. It was Superman vs. an airplane, a car, a fire, a yacht, an island. There should have been more scenes like the one where he walks right up to the guy with the gatling gun--or, at the very least, a proper showdown with Lex.

Lex, by the way, made the movie. I'd watch the entire film a dozen more times just to get off on Spacey's performance.

Del Murder
07-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah, Superman needs some more super-powered villains to be effective.

But no clones please.

Miriel
07-03-2006, 08:40 PM
I liked it. Didn't love it.

I thought the movie was pretty flat. Not flat as in boring but flat in that it was consistently good the whole way through, but there weren't any real big peaks. There were a few, "oh hey, that was pretty good" and stuff like that, but not many "whooooa" moments.

I disliked the fact that Lex and Superman didn't interact in any way until like the 3rd act of the movie. And it seemed like Lois got more screentime than Superman did. That bothered me.

But I liked Kevin Spacey as Lex. And I liked Marlon Brando's voice.

I wished there were more scenes with Clark because I liked Clark. I like Clark more than I like Superman, so the lack of Clark scenes made me sad.

The music was great. The cannibal puppy thing was possibly the worst thing I have ever seen in my entire life. That was horrid.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-03-2006, 08:49 PM

But no clones please.The majority of the dedicated Superman villains are pretty lame, though, and General Zod has already been covered. Maybe Brainiac would be good.

DeathKnight
07-03-2006, 08:53 PM

But no clones please.The majority of the dedicated Superman villains are pretty lame, though, and General Zod has already been covered. Maybe Brainiac would be good.

What 'bout a NEW ONE!? :irked: that's not so hard I'm sure.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Please don't be ridiculous. The best aspect of comic book movies is seeing comic book characters translated to real actors. Not even Spacey's performance would have been as enjoyable if he'd been playing a completely original villain named Steve Mulligan.

Sephex
07-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Please don't be ridiculous. The best aspect of comic book movies is seeing comic book characters translated to real actors. Not even Spacey's performance would have been as enjoyable if he'd been playing a completely original villain named Steve Mulligan.

But Steve Mulligan is SO badasssssssssssssssssss!

DeathKnight
07-04-2006, 03:10 AM

ditto. And who REALLY cares if they add a villain which isn't on the comic books? If I'm the producer, it's MY movie and I'd add whichever villain(s) I want and just make it known at the end of the movie "villains in this movie ARE not based on Superman's DC original comics" NO BIG DEAL :irked:

fire_of_avalon
07-04-2006, 04:12 AM

ditto. And who REALLY cares if they add a villain which isn't on the comic books? If I'm the producer, it's MY movie and I'd add whichever villain(s) I want and just make it known at the end of the movie "villains in this movie ARE not based on Superman's DC original comics" NO BIG DEAL :irked:
And no one will come see it, you won't turn a profit, production companies won't ever bid for you, and we'll never have to see any of your films again. :love:

Madame Adequate
07-04-2006, 04:15 AM
What 'bout a NEW ONE!? :irked: that's not so hard I'm sure.

Between Lex Luthor, Metallo, Doomsday, Mr. Mxyztplk, Mongul, Toymaker, Brainaic, Zod, about half a dozen different superpowered monkeys, Prankster, Bizarro, Darkseid, and others I can't recall currently, there's not much need to create any new villains for Supes.

bipper
07-04-2006, 08:30 PM

I am sure doomsday will be next, after he he launches the kryptonite filled island into space. It would created a modified means for Doomsday's creation. Doomsday is a very bad ass character and would offer a great sequal.

Other than that, the lack of fight scenes can be atributed to having to reel in a new generation of superman fans (an other viewers) into supermans past and present. The movie, down to every miniscule scene, gave you a glimpse of aspects of Clark/superman's life, that the whole movie collection thus far potrayed. Even somthing as dumb as where lois and her fiance are talking and the fiance says "How tall do you think Clark is" yaknow, putting the puzzle together, and they both get realed in until clark looks across the room and gives a crocky uber nerd smile and wave; completley freying any logic leading people to belive he is him.:)

All those little things really do make this movie something great. The movie makes you think, feel, and relate. Somthing anything short of XMEN 2 has yet to do for me (comic to movie wise)

~SapphireStar~
07-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Just got back from seeing it and I was very, very impressed. I wouldnt call myself a Superman fan as Ive only seen the first movie and watched Smallville. I was abit iffy about the new Superman as Christopher Reed was Superman in my eyes, but he really was an excellent Superman. I thought they would have gotten the guy from Smallville to play the part, but Im gald they didnt.

And Kevin Spacey as Lex Luther is ... wow. Totally amazing. Spacey can play good villians. It was just amazing and I would see it again. Has anyone else seen it yet?

Chris
07-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Christopher Reeves will always be the ultimate Superman.

I hated Smallville, except for Tom Welling; too much Dawson's Creek about it. They pretty much screwed up what could have been an awesome show. How typical.

I've heard mixed reviews about this new movie, but I'll probably go see it anyway.