PDA

View Full Version : FF7 PS2 Re-Release

stragee
06-28-2006, 08:06 AM
I hope that everyone here will voice an opinion here by voting.

I would seriously like to see this title re-released for the Playstation 2.

Due to unforseen circumstances I no longer have my two copies. I refuse to pay $89-$350 on Ebay for one still in the shrink wrap. And ofcoarse used is NOT an option for me. Lastly I do indeed own the PC version of this title but as everyone knows there are no patches that will bring the game to 100% perfection.

If I get enough of a response here I plan to submit it to SquareSoft., along with a poll on my site.

Lastly if a poll like this has been submitted to Square before for this reason from here just consider this another attempt at getting their attention.

~Thank You For you FF7 Patronage =)

Hambone
06-28-2006, 08:12 AM
They should make it for PS3.

stragee
06-28-2006, 08:16 AM
Keep in mind I'm not talking about a REMAKE ...i'm talking about a RE-RELEASE of the ORIGINAL.

Thats all I want.

~Not overpriced horrible hardware.

Xurts
06-28-2006, 08:22 AM
I would rather have a remake for the PS2 than for the PS3, because then I wouldn't have to shell out the extra $600 to get one. But IF Square does a remake, it'll be for the PS3.

I appreciate your effort to do this, but unfortunately I don't think it will affect Square's decision in the least. You would need a petition with a HUGE amount of signatures on it in order for them to look at it.

stragee
06-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Thanks for your reply Xurts. Thats **exactly what I'm hoping for. I'm not stopping at this site and every little bit helps. ;) Dont forget to VOTE!!

I'm sure there has to be thousands upon thousands that would love to see a Greatest Hits copy of this hit the shelves again and put those lame Ebay'ers out of business.

Xurts
06-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks for your reply Xurts. Thats **exactly what I'm hoping for. I'm not stopping at this site and every little bit helps. ;) Dont forget to VOTE!!
Just a suggestion, but if you are really dedicated to doing this, it would be a good idea to start a petition instead of a poll. Polls can be abused far more easily. One person could vote as many times as they wanted. With petitions, this is not as easy. Just make a petition and put links to on many different websites.

That's what I would do I wanted to do something like this. Good luck!

Are eBay auctions for it really that expensive? wow.

stragee
06-28-2006, 08:36 AM
Well I guess if the folks that ran this website decided to abuse the poll or if folks signed up for multiple accounts that would be possible.

Either way I suppose it helps spread the word. Squeaky wheel gets oil. =)

And yes without a doubt they are very expensive!! In fact even amazon has some sellers starting out $160 new going up to $399+.

FYI Final Fantasy shrine talks about a re-release in Japan that had minor changes and additions. But after doing some hunting I am not finding anything else about it. And forget finding a way to buy it and all the additionally crap I'd have to go through to play it ie., modding and not be able to read the language.

Malboro_Menace
06-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Umm I think your exaggerating the prices. FFVII is only like $50 on eBay in Aussie cash.

stragee
06-28-2006, 08:51 AM
No i'm not exaggerating prices at all.

The sad part is that is the starting price bud. Not a BUY IT NOW price. See where that price is when the bidding closes.

Either way 100...2..3 the prices vary but they are ripping folks off when all Square would need to do is start pumping out those Greatest Hits copies again. Ship it and they will come!! =)

Additionally if you would like to help my cause please sign this petition here

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/cgi-bin/create_petition.cgi?ff71234

Just to let you know, we have an edit button that you should be using instead of posting twice in a row! ;) -kikimm

Zeromus_X
06-28-2006, 09:34 AM
I still don't understand why people pay such unnecesarily steep prices on the internet.

Anyway, there's only two options...it would be better if there was some neutral option or something, I'd probably vote that.

vorpal blade
06-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Is this re-release a real thing or just something you want to happen?
I would like a re-release; my game slows down a little and the case is broken. I need a new copy.

stragee
06-28-2006, 05:59 PM
If you want to see it happen ya gotta vote and petition for it.