PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuary guardian

eragon1
06-28-2006, 02:23 PM
i need help against the sanctuary monster that you fight as a test of lady Yunalesca.The part where Auron says "it comes."I could beat it easily if it woudn't keep using curaga and regen.Ant ideas on how to beat it.
Thanks in advance.

TheSpoonyBard
06-28-2006, 02:31 PM
Cast Reflect (Reflect spell or Star Curtain) on it so Curaga and Regen are reflected onto your characters. Should be easy now, right?

eragon1
06-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Thanks.I didn't know reflect could do that..I knew it could reflect attacks,cool.Now i can beat it.

Dell
06-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Trio of 9999 makes your life better.

Hambone
06-29-2006, 12:16 AM
Oh, yeah. That thing is HARD! Use some your best overdrives before it uses Photon Wings, BUT! save some of them for Yunalesca. Use reflect on it as said before, try to protect against some of the status effects caused by Photon Wings, heal everytime your h.p. is at half or below, and use Bahamut for his overdrive and to shield for that Beam thing that he does.

4evarisha
06-29-2006, 02:27 AM
I kept on attacking tidus while yuna cure and holy whiole Lulu use magic.

Eiko Guy
06-29-2006, 04:42 AM
reflect is good but he knows that it's in effect so he might not cure so hell cast reflect on you and cure that way

4evarisha
06-29-2006, 07:28 PM
cool

jaxun
06-30-2006, 04:59 PM
u can use threaten to him even before he uses his first move lol... remember its only MISS not IMMUNE. try that for a change

4evarisha
06-30-2006, 08:16 PM
That is good but I tried it was a risk.

feona17
07-01-2006, 06:13 AM
Haha I just beat Sanctuary Guardian, and my Valefor's overdrive wiped out like 3/4 of his HP. (30k damage) and I was like, "WTF" outloud. Then I used Bahamut's overdrive. I guess that by point in the game, their overdrives should deal more than 9999.

zeilov_khaschante
07-13-2006, 11:25 AM
I defeat it only with 4 turns..., really!

Almost the same like feona17, I prepared for ALL CHARACTER and ALL AEONS to have a FULL overdrive. I used yuna for the first turn to call aeon Bahamuth with its mega flare (use common summon, not the grand summon, the grand summon is used when the second turn of Yuna or if you had an unfull aeon's overdrive ), it reduce the sanc keep's hp for +/- 24000 untill 27000 (its full hp is 40000), after mega flare release, dismiss Bahamuth ASAP, so Auron can threaten it(Do not take a useless action by keep atacking with Bahamut after its mega flare!!!). The next turn was Auron with the threaten (you know) , so it won't used curaga untill auron's next turn if it worked (and it did for me!), this part of Auron is important! The next turn is Lulu with her Fury, I choose for Blizzaga Fury, this action of Lulu is to keep reducing its hp so if it use curaga after the threaten gone, it won't change many of its hp. Do you understand? After Lulu, back to Yuna (that thing is still in threaten), now, this is the deadly event, use grand summon, call any aeon which can strike 9999 or more, but you cannot use bahamut anymore I guess (it is cursed). Now, the fight overed, I WON!

Well, I ever try with deffensive way like you all explained, with using reflect, threaten or magic break, but it didn't work, Urrrghh!!! So I tried the offensive, and attractive way ever, with the way above. You know, somebody said that you can use magic break to it, so the curaga is reduce by half, but what did happened?! The curaga keep on 9999!! Hey, you can use reflect, once again, it is useless.

Actually, when Yuna use her grand summon, the sanc use its regen on it, but since I used the offensive way, I ignored whatever that thing did, and keep attacking with aeons overdrive. There is no wasting time by healing my party or using regen or reflect, or something else (just go for threaten, and if the threaten is not work (but ususally the first time for threaten is work well), only by then you can try reflect, it is useless I said, but there is no wrong to try in order to avoid using its curaga), what you should do in this offensive way is keep attacking!