PDA

View Full Version : EoFF - A TRAGEDY

Dignified Pauper
06-28-2006, 06:10 PM
With the new EoFF RPG coming into play. I thought this to be the perfect time to start my play, EoFF - A TRAGEDY.

Let me upload some screens just to give you an idea... and no, hardly anything is done. Nor will this be a game, more as something to watch.

Anyways, knowing me, it will fail and Old_Manus will laugh! MUWAHAHAHA

PS. If you'd like to be in it... well, pm me... and maybe i can find you a role. However, I must warn you that I am planning a great suprise ending... Oh boy, I like it when I can cause mischief.

DOWNLOAD HERE (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/dignified_pauper/)

Just register for the group and goto files. Further, remember you must have RPG Maker XP Postality Knights Enhanced Edition (http://www.crankeye.com/files/RPG%20Maker%20XP%20v1.01%20-%20Postality%20Knights%20Edition%20v2.0%20ENHANCED.zip) * Link courtesy of Rase *

Moon Rabbits
06-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Scene six better be as good as my mind has built it up to be.

Levian
06-28-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm not going to get my hopes up, because 90% of these games never get done, but please try your best, Marick.
I'm sure it will be awesome if you finish it.

Also, rubah is going to be mad for the capital R. :cool:

Dignified Pauper
06-28-2006, 06:24 PM
that's the font, all letters are capitals... and further, i'll just slap her with a trout.

Also, this isn't a game but a play/movie... further, it's already on scene one, and there's already mayhem happening in the opening.

Shauna
06-28-2006, 07:09 PM
OK, I'll ask you! :D HOW do you get the black screen with a single character on it? I can't quite work it out. :(

And, this sounds interesting. THere seems to be an RPG Maker uproar here. xD

ljkkjlcm9
06-28-2006, 07:14 PM
How can you have a game without THE JACKEL in it?

I better be in there cause I'm THE JACKEL and I'm just awesome

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
06-28-2006, 07:31 PM
I better be in it because like, I'm Kentarou. I defeat you.

Can't wait to see the final thing. n_n It'll be wonderfultacular!

Dignified Pauper
06-28-2006, 07:45 PM
OK, I'll ask you! :D HOW do you get the black screen with a single character on it? I can't quite work it out. :(

And, this sounds interesting. THere seems to be an RPG Maker uproar here. xD

Set your panorama to nothing and just leave the map blank and put an event character there. :D

further, i really have no plot... it's a tragedy, and I'm having members I am familiar with be in it, and those whose personalities that I can mock well. However, I will see what I can do. So far, it's terrible and I love it. I'm about to finish scene one and shall post screenshots in a little bit.

Madonna
06-28-2006, 08:16 PM
If it's really more of a play, gasp, post it in the artist or writing forum. Slighty different media, but that's still what it is. A suggestion, is all.

Good luck and all that junk!

Dignified Pauper
06-28-2006, 08:35 PM
i would, but it's a game/play...

further, more pictures.

Cz
06-28-2006, 08:37 PM
This looks very interesting. Good luck, DP. :)

KoShiatar
06-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Oh please, please, please let me be in it. Use the sprite I posted in the 5435435435th take thread.

drunkymonkey
06-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Ooooh, this looks like quite a good one. Looking forward to it.

Jebus
06-28-2006, 09:29 PM
EEWWW GROSS! Get a room.

Rase
06-28-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this. :) Good luck.

Dignified Pauper
06-28-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm just now beginning scene 2, which should wind up being longer than scene 1. Further, I may attempt to allow the player, ie, the audience to make a choice as to whether or not certain things in the story happen or not... however, that will kill my mind trying to make sure everything links together... so i probably won't. So disregard the fact I said it.

Psychotic
06-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Oh, thanks for giving me a moderation headache. There are 3 or 4 different forums I could move it to. And maybe I will move it to each one in turn, in revenge for being billed last. As an ac-tor, I should not have to put up with such insubordination! Geez, what's wrong with ye olde Flash Movie?

Anyway, I'll eagerly await how your play turns out. I hope it has lots of guns, car chases, explosions and titties, kinda like FFIX.

Dignified Pauper
06-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Oh, thanks for giving me a moderation headache. There are 3 or 4 different forums I could move it to. And maybe I will move it to each one in turn, in revenge for being billed last. As an ac-tor, I should not have to put up with such insubordination! Geez, what's wrong with ye olde Flash Movie?

Anyway, I'll eagerly await how your play turns out. I hope it has lots of guns, car chases, explosions and titties, kinda like FFIX.

If I kill people, will you be happy?

Psychotic
06-28-2006, 10:38 PM
If by people you mean BoB, yes.

Dignified Pauper
06-28-2006, 10:39 PM
By golly, i hadn't even thought of that... here i was killing typical people... hmmm... well, either way, people die.

Markus. D
06-28-2006, 11:01 PM
I better not get shot by whoever I got shot by back in the days of Fat Chocobo.

ps: it looks fun and all, but if its not a game.... should it be moved to the lounge?

Dignified Pauper
06-29-2006, 01:20 AM
Alrighty, well, I have the demo finished which goes up to the end of scene 2.

Anyone know how I make the file that can download it, or do i just put the project into a zipped file?

further, where can I upload it?

Rase
06-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Anyone know how I make the file that can download it, or do i just put the project into a zipped file?
I'm assuming this is run as a game, in which case just make a copy of the folder, get rid of any Save files you may have, and .zip the whole thing.

further, where can I upload it?
One fairly easy way is to create a Yahoo! Group (http://groups.yahoo.com/) and just stick it in there. Another is to e-mail it to me, and I could see if I can upload it to my Freewebs account thing. You can make your own Freewebs thing if you don't already have one, but you have to wait 7 days to upload files, and I'm not sure of the file size limit or file type restrictions, as I'm testing it out right now. Those are two options I can think of off the top of my head.

Dignified Pauper
06-29-2006, 01:53 AM
Okay, well, for the first demo of the play, you can either goto my newly created Yahoo! Group

Join (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/dignified_pauper/) and then goto Files and download it. It's only 302 kb .rar file.

And I've also tried a free file hosting place, but it didn't work.

Further, remember to get RPG Maker XP Postality Knight's Edition (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=3&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.torrentz.com%2Ftorrent_443156.html&ei=-iOjRMimEqC6wQKFnf2BCw&sig2=ANmZGgp-IL2yYoHoDw1ENw)

Psychotic
06-29-2006, 02:10 AM
Half the bloody files aren't there. Oh DP, how the mighty hath fallen.

Dignified Pauper
06-29-2006, 02:15 AM
Half the bloody files aren't there. Oh DP, how the mighty hath fallen.

I see that now. I thought the program did all that for me. So give me about 10-15 minutes and a new file will be loaded up.

Psychotic
06-29-2006, 02:19 AM
It does if you import them using the resource manager, although I daresay you're aware of that now.

DK
06-29-2006, 02:21 AM
I was gonna be all "I would like to be in it a little bit", but then I see i'm already there, so yay. The screens look promising indeed, if only someone would be kind enough to tell me how I can actually watch/play it, i'll be muchly grateful.

Dignified Pauper
06-29-2006, 02:34 AM
Alrighty, if you go back to the group (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/dignified_pauper/) it should work now... well, it's uploading which on my dial up could take a couple minutes. It's 1.8 mb. or so. i am pretty sure i have all the files necessary uploaded.

Oh, and Kyono.

Okay, well, for the first demo of the play, you can either goto my newly created Yahoo! Group

Join and then goto Files and download it. It's only 302 kb .rar file.

And I've also tried a free file hosting place, but it didn't work.

Further, remember to get RPG Maker XP Postality Knight's Edition

Madonna
06-29-2006, 02:35 AM
Is it just me who cannot play it? Make a game disk and that should finalize everything.

DK
06-29-2006, 02:52 AM
What is the RPG maker fatality postman knightrider edition, or whatever it is?

Dignified Pauper
06-29-2006, 02:54 AM
check this (http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/dignified_pauper/sfupld?path=/) in about 10 minutes and the new version will be uploaded. sorry for the inconvenience.

What is the RPG maker fatality postman knightrider edition, or whatever it is?

you have to d/l it to play and stuff. and the new file is still uploading, YAY dial up.

EDIT: UPLOADED

Edit 2: no it isn't

Edit 3: it is up

Psychotic
06-29-2006, 03:40 AM
I used my l337 RPG Maker h4x0r skills to replace the missing sprite, ie, Mr. Marick over here, with the sprite of a little girl, and from then on it worked perfectly.

That was pretty cool. foa's sprite is hot, and mine isn't. He's a dork with pale green hair and a cape. Now, while I may be a dork with hair and a pale green cape, what you've done here is PURE SLANDER!

Also, Christmas is female. :laugh:

Dignified Pauper
06-29-2006, 03:42 AM
I used my l337 RPG Maker h4x0r skills to replace the missing sprite, ie, Mr. Marick over here, with the sprite of a little girl, and from then on it worked perfectly.

That was pretty cool. foa's sprite is hot, and mine isn't. He's a dork with pale green hair and a cape. Now, while I may be a dork with hair and a pale green cape, what you've done here is PURE SLANDER!

Also, Christmas is female. :laugh:

thanks, but i added it back up and it works now.

further, I always forget that

Madonna
06-29-2006, 03:54 AM
Ugh, I wish I had read all of this earlier after I found it unplayabe. Rather than wait like any prudent person, I poked at the inner workings and made [this] (http://www.akusui.net/_lynxius/_leech/EoFF%20A%20Bastardized%20Play.exe). Then it turns out you fixed all your problems while I was perverting your work. G'job.

Dignified Pauper
06-29-2006, 04:02 PM
yea, sorry about that. I'm becoming more and more familiar with this maker. However, I'm getting decent, and now as I am completing the longest scene ever, scene 3 - the slums, I'm realizing just how quick and easy this can be. There are still a few things that I have to tinker with and go around because I simply don't know why it is acting up, especially with some movement, but I'm getting everything to work.

Further, I am going to tell you that Scene 3 is going to be spectacular and crazy.

Old Manus
06-29-2006, 06:50 PM
How did I miss this chance to improve my typing of FAILED?

but seriously, this looks cool

Dignified Pauper
06-29-2006, 07:23 PM
more screenies for those of you interested in progress made. Note, these are all out of order as to confuse you!

Moon Rabbits
06-29-2006, 07:59 PM
omg wtf lol it's me.

Loony BoB
06-29-2006, 10:40 PM
BoBBye*

I really hope that you don't change the script to say that Christmas is a female, because I think it's quite fitting that everyone calls him - er, her - a guy in this thing, because over half the forums probably think that anyway. I know I used to!

Levian
06-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Nice work, Marick. I played through your demo this morning. Looking good.

Moon Rabbits
06-29-2006, 11:17 PM
BoBBye*

I really hope that you don't change the script to say that Christmas is a female, because I think it's quite fitting that everyone calls him - er, her - a guy in this thing, because over half the forums probably think that anyway. I know I used to!

Agreed.

Once she finds out that everyone in the play is calling her male, it would only fuel her hatred.

Dignified Pauper
06-30-2006, 01:30 AM
BoBBye*

Agreed.

Once she finds out that everyone in the play is calling her male, it would only fuel her hatred.

I had already changed that. Though it has sparked an idea... XD

I'm glad a lot of you like it. I'm getting ready to do scene 5. Once I get to scene 6, I'll release the new edition. Furthermore... If you want to be in it, I decided to make it a bit longer than planned. More-so, expect a little bit of amazing plot twists soon and some craziness!!!!

Moon Rabbits
06-30-2006, 01:46 AM
Plot twists like me getting a bigger part? xD

Dignified Pauper
06-30-2006, 03:00 AM
nope. gosh... being in this play is good enough. Think of all the people i'm gonna have to leave out. Further, don't forget the disclaimer at the beginning. I don't care :D

Anyways, starting scene 4-2. then another interlude by yours truly. then scene 5. then another interlude. backstage stuff, and then scene 6. interlude and new release. This will have a lot of content.

Moon Rabbits
06-30-2006, 03:38 AM
>.< It will take forever for a new release. *fist shake*.

Christmas
06-30-2006, 07:49 AM
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1096/untitled3rv.jpg

Loony BoB
06-30-2006, 08:29 AM
We're not questioning it at all, we're merely pointing out that you are obviously a male!

What city is that? Toronto? Sydney?

Christmas
06-30-2006, 10:20 AM
This is indeed a TRAGEDY.

Dignified Pauper
06-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Christmas, never fear, I have already made the necessary changes, however, this idea will be implemented and set into motion starting with your grand entrance!!!!!

Moon Rabbits
06-30-2006, 05:40 PM
; - ; If that's Toronto you just nuked my favourite city!!

Reine
07-01-2006, 03:31 AM
I wonder if im worthy enough to be in it. Knowing my luck, a pimp somewhere xD, with a red mage sprite

Dignified Pauper
07-02-2006, 12:12 AM
who knows.

Anyways, update.

Progress is going to be stalled for a little bit. No release like I promised, and probably not til about wednesday. I started a new job as a waiter at a place that opened today, and I work 8 hour mornings. I'm sure I can get some done tonight and tomorrow, but not at the rate I was. Further, I'm going out of town monday night and most of tuesday, and I work mornings, so, it's just crazy.

Anyways, just leaving updates. If anyone wants a spoiler, well... here is one.

Marick D. Pauper turns out to be gay!

Shiny
07-02-2006, 12:20 AM
This is brilliant! Continue! CONTINUE I SAY!

Elite Lord Sigma
07-02-2006, 06:55 AM
If it weren't two in the morning right now, I'd watch it.

Dignified Pauper
07-03-2006, 01:24 AM
i'm pushing back my deadline to friday.

Dignified Pauper
07-07-2006, 08:49 PM
So, this project is on hold definitely for the rest of this month and maybe the first week into August. Note, I am not cancelling the project, as I have made some progress, it has just been slow.

Reasons:

I have started a new job working 8 hours a day waiting tables. We're busy and so all I do is sleep. On the few days I get off (one a week), I travel to see the boyfriend and so I don't have much spare time right now. However, the boyfriend ships off to Kuwait either the 30th or the first week of August :( and when that happens, I will pick the project back up, not to mention for when I go back to school.

Notes:

Manus - this has not failed, unlike the EoFF Post previous editions, this is a definite hold where I know I will pick this back up. The EoFF Post was on hold indefinitely which means it never had a date to set up.

Synopsis:

Play production post-poned until (at the latest) the second week of August. From then until Sept. 5th, it will be worked on. I may do small additions here and there for the time being, but nothing major. I would release what I have, but I'm waiting for scene 6 to be done. Once again, I promise the community that this will be finished.

leon123
07-07-2006, 10:00 PM
u double posted :eek: omg!

Dignified Pauper
07-08-2006, 12:42 AM
It's because I am more powerful than the staff.

Edit by mystery staff member: Wanna bet?

Dignified Pauper
08-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Double Post to Bounce

I would just like to let everyone know that this project is back in the running and you can expect an update within the next couple of days. That is all.

Old Manus
08-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Good job! :)

Dignified Pauper
08-10-2006, 01:53 AM
I would like to take the time to say that it may not be until next week until an update is ready as I had scenes 3, 4, and the two black screens after them finished as well as another engine room done, however, those were all deleted with the comp troubles, SOOO... yea, further, because of this new motherboard that is crap on my desktop, production is post-poned and I will have to do some of it on my laptop, which may work out better because i have much more resources on it than i do with the desktop. Therefor, I won't have to d/l so much. I may just switch it over to permanently my laptop so that I can work on it at school when I am working when I go back.

Either way, I'm glad that this project has picked up, and it's slow moving right now as I have to completely rethink and rewrite the scenes that were deleted, which WERE masterpieces. I'm going to look at the screenshots I posted and try to remember most of the stuff from there. The maps will most likely be different though, so bugger off.

Oh, and for Manus:

Exit Marick, stage left

oddler
08-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Couldn't someone who downloaded it send their file to you? Then you would have all the missing parts, so to say... I'm sorry to say I can't help you there, though. :(

Dignified Pauper
08-10-2006, 04:34 AM
i never realeased it

oddler
08-10-2006, 05:02 AM
Oh, good stuff then. Chalk another dumb idea up for moi.

*Dies*