PDA

View Full Version : How often do you get take aways/take out?

~SapphireStar~
06-28-2006, 09:41 PM
So? How often?

We usually use Friday night as take out night as we cant be bothered cooking. My uncles and aunts always get take outs on Fridays, as does my grandma and us here in Bradford! We are having one tonight as there are loads of people round and not enough food for everyone.

I always get a double chicken burger with chips and it comes to no more then £3. And that will last me for the entire evening cause I'll just pick at it!

Zeldy
06-28-2006, 09:46 PM
We only ever go the Chippy. Its either a Friday or Saturday.

I always look forward to it ^_______^
I get a large Split. (Split = Chips and peas) Yes. Large

Faris
06-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Once or twice a week. Somtimes I don't go though and not have take out at all in a week.

bipper
06-28-2006, 09:49 PM
lol british ( I always get a kick outta what you all call your food - as I knever know what the hell yer talking about :) )

I eat out every day :( quite litterally. Trying to get my life back on track, and I just dont have time to make lunches just yet. So for lunch at work, I have to eat out, and I am quite sick of it.

Chris
06-28-2006, 09:49 PM
It really depends on how hungry I am.

It varies from week to week; we don't have specific days on which we go out to eat. I'd much rather eat out than cook myself (or have my mother cook). She's a very good cook, but nothing compares to take out food.

Crazy, I know. xD

~SapphireStar~
06-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Great, we have to have crappy pizza from a horrid little chippy. They only do pepperoni or extra cheese. Sucks.

bipper
06-28-2006, 09:56 PM
wat is a chippy:confused:

~SapphireStar~
06-28-2006, 09:57 PM
A chippy is a fish and chips shop :D

bipper
06-28-2006, 09:59 PM
you can get pizza at a fish and chips shop :confused: unless.. is a fish and chips shop emglish-english for a cafe?

Meat Puppet
06-28-2006, 09:59 PM
I used to go to Muriwai Beach every Sunday night and get some wedges in cranberry sauce and beer battered snapper. It has been a while since I've done that—the place has become such a tourist spot and the prices have rocketed over the past few months.

Other times I will get something if I don't feel cooking. The usual

MageLuingil
06-28-2006, 10:01 PM
I hardly ever eat out at all, I haven't been in a month or two now I think. My family will generally order some pizzas if we're having a party, other than that, it's home-cooked meals. Good stuff, too. <i>much</i> better than take-out.

~SapphireStar~
06-28-2006, 10:08 PM
u can get pizza at a fish and chips shop unless.. is a fish and chips shop emglish-english for a cafe?
This is the only one I know of that I can get pizza. Others just sell fish, chips, peas, sausage and pies. A fish and chip shop is a resturant where you can sit in or take the food home instead. Its kinda like a fast food resturant, but not as expensive.

StarChild
06-28-2006, 10:19 PM
I try to go out once a week. There is a really good chinese/japanese place near my house that I go to a lot.

kikimm
06-28-2006, 10:22 PM
WHENEVER I ASK FOR IT. Which is usually once every few weeks, or once a month. I don't like it all that much.

Zeldy
06-28-2006, 10:30 PM
wat is a chippy:confused:
Oh man. Your so missing out.
All you have is Mcdonalds. Theres nothing better than a tray of Chips from your favourite chippy

SammieBabe
06-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Probably a couple times a week. Whenever I have a specific craving for something....

Reine
06-28-2006, 10:38 PM
We have an excellent fish and chip shop just up the road, a really high rating one too

And you know what they say about fish and chips from NZ :cool:

Anyway, we sometimes get stuff from there (an american hotdog and seasoned potato wedges for me thanks) but every Thursday, when we go to the mall in Henderson, I get my dinner there, as I go off bymyself and check out the shops im interested in (and pester the guys at my work xD)

Tasura
06-28-2006, 10:40 PM
At home like once every month or two, mostly its chinese food, sometimes its pizza, but at uni, since the cafeteria's close at 10PM and im nocturnal at uni, I order food almost every night, well it depends on the money, mostly i only every 2 days at am.

StarChild
06-28-2006, 10:43 PM
At home like once every month or two, mostly its chinese food, sometimes its pizza, but at uni, since the cafeteria's close at 10PM and im nocturnal at uni, I order food almost every night, well it depends on the money, mostly i only every 2 days at am.

college is different, if you don't order out you'll go crazy or get sick from the food they give you :D

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Europeans are so wierd.
You get PEAS from the 'chippy'? Who the hell wants to get PEAS from a fast-food joint? I mean seriously.
Don't your freaks put mayonnaise on your fries too? Oh wait. CHIPS. :mad2:

Tasura
06-28-2006, 10:51 PM

college is different, if you don't order out you'll go crazy or get sick from the food they give you :D

Well, the cafeteria at my uni is relaly good, its basically a tkae out itself, its got like a subway, a burger king, and 'home cooking' and a pizza place, and a place that sells sushi <33, but this year, im ging to be eating alot of rice xD

rubah
06-28-2006, 10:53 PM
at home we used to get take out on saturday nights. But then I started working on saturday nights, so I don't know if my parents do still or not. I prefer eating at places rather than taking it with me though

~SapphireStar~
06-28-2006, 10:53 PM
You get PEAS from the 'chippy'? Who the hell wants to get PEAS from a fast-food joint?
I used the term fast food resturant as a way to explain to bipper. It isnt actually a fast food resturant, but you do go and eat there. There isnt anything wrong with getting peas from a fish and chips shop. It would be retarded if they didnt sell them there at all. And dont call us freaks just cause we dont eat things the same as you do.

Confused? Click (http://www.plaiceandchips.co.uk/)

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
06-28-2006, 10:54 PM
0-2 a month usually Chinese

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Really? You put that much value into peas? How bizarre.

StarChild
06-28-2006, 11:23 PM

Well, the cafeteria at my uni is relaly good, its basically a tkae out itself, its got like a subway, a burger king, and 'home cooking' and a pizza place, and a place that sells sushi <33, but this year, im ging to be eating alot of rice xD

lucky duck, where I go our food sucks =(

<3

Markus. D
06-28-2006, 11:30 PM
1 to 2 times a week.

3 if I am THAT hungry.

Miriel
06-28-2006, 11:37 PM
All the time.

I mean, seriously. ALL THE TIME.

Growing up, my parents weren't around all that much so a lot of times, me and my brother would just order pizza/chinese or go grab some In-N-Out. And as we got older we went out to eat at restaurants like every other day. Simply because home-made meals weren't the norm around our home. And it wasn't until a few years ago that I realized how weird this sort of lifestyle was. I am trying to learn how to cook for myself though. I kinda want to be the next Iron Chef, see.

Kirobaito
06-28-2006, 11:45 PM
All the time.

I mean, seriously. ALL THE TIME.

Growing up, my parents weren't around all that much so a lot of times, me and my brother would just order pizza/chinese or go grab some In-N-Out. And as we got older we went out to eat at restaurants like every other day. Simply because home-made meals weren't the norm around our home. And it wasn't until a few years ago that I realized how weird this sort of lifestyle was. I am trying to learn how to cook for myself though. I kinda want to be the next Iron Chef, see.
As I was scrolling down this thread, I was calculating what my response was going to be. This sums it up pretty nicely. My parents work a lot, and they're not always home at night, so I go get myself something from Taco Bueno or Braum's or Subway or Jack in the Box. When my parents do come home, they're not really the kind of parents who cook, so we go out to eat. I didn't think it was that weird until recently, but apparently there are parents who cook for their children every night. That's never been the case at my house.

Sylvie
I either get pizza from the Italian place in the city near us, or my dad picks up Japanese food on the way home. They got good stuff, Sushi, stir fried rice with shrimp... mm...

Jess
Really? You put that much value into peas? How bizarre.
I'm with you on this one and I'm English. I can't see why anybody would want to eat peas with greasy chips and fish. eeyuck!

However, mayonnaise with chips is heavenly.

I get a takeaway once a week at the least! Which is always a Friday or a Saturday. Sometimes we will have a takeaway both days, though. Occasionally we'll have a takeaway up to 3 times in a week. We usually get Chinese but occasionally we'll go somewhere else and get Pizza, McDonalds, KFC or Chippy food. Chinese is the best, I love it.

Jojee
06-29-2006, 12:01 AM
Whenever I have extra money to spare ><;; I swear if it's not clothes it's food that all my moneys goes into. /sob

Rainecloud
06-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Once a week, usually on a Friday.

Either Pizza, Fried Chicken or Chinese. I can almost feel my arteries hardening. :/

Tasura
06-29-2006, 12:06 AM

lucky duck, where I go our food sucks =(

<3

I didnt say it was ALL good, sometimes they burn the bacon or the burgers, and sometimes the chicken isnt always cooked, but its still good

<3

I can almost feel my arteries hardening. :/

You havent felt your arteries hardern until youve tried a sandwhich from the palce near my uni, its a pice of bread, then a layer of gravy, then a layer of spicy chicken, then a layer of gravy, then a layer of cheese, then a layer of gravy, then a piece of bread, then a layer of gravy, then a layer of spicy chicken, then a layer of gravy, then a layer of cheese

Rusty
06-29-2006, 12:20 AM
A couple of times a week. On Thursday night we always get Chinese. Other nights we get fish & chips or maybe a Maccas, KFC or HJ's. Depends what we feel like. Me and Dad both cook at home - I love my home-cooked meals <3

Levian
06-29-2006, 01:25 AM
When I'm so ill that I puke if I get out of bed. So, I guess the answer to your question is twice.

fire_of_avalon
06-29-2006, 01:59 AM
Once or twice every 2-3 weeks. We're those types what eats at home.

XxSephirothxX
06-29-2006, 02:18 AM
We get food delivered or get takeout at work almost every day. :p

bipper
06-29-2006, 03:18 PM
That's it. I am gonna have to plan a trip to England 'for show' now. Must try a "Chippy". If "chippy" is english-english for something insulting, and I get punched in the face, I will find you both.... :mad2:

Bipper :)

Pure Aerisbeauty7
06-29-2006, 04:48 PM
Usually on Saturdays we buy food from takes outs like Mc Donalds, Dominos, or Cici's Pizza.:)