PDA

View Full Version : Help me interpret a dream.

SummonerCloud
06-29-2006, 07:02 AM
Ok had this dream last night,normal day to and its pissin me off its so confusing,please help me understand....

I was in some sort of arena-like thing with a tier at the bottom and an upper half-crescent teir,and i had a katana.(i am into that kinda stuff).it had a sandy floor and there were a few other people with me,all capable of fighting.for some reason,there was someone i liked there...like,really liked/loved...[heh.in order to get out,we had to operate two mechanisms locked by three pillars each,wich only barely came out of the ground(like,at ground level not even an inch).three were on each tier,and in the center were screw like things incredible hard to turn.once turned quite a bit the pillars popped open like on hinges,and once all six were opened we could escape.there were strange,pale humanoid creatures all over,that i dunno what but somehow used fire to attack us.somethign happened with one of them and burned my wrists or somthin.really.before i killed it,that is. thats all that i remember,its mainly the setting i seemed to notice.

i know it seems insane but please help me out.
Also,anything in color kind of stuck out and i think has a bigger meaning.
thanks in advance,and i have no mental illness history in family,
summonercloud.

LunarWeaver
06-29-2006, 07:05 AM
I think it just means you play too many RPGs.

Aralith
06-29-2006, 07:08 AM
Dude, as much as I believe in some dreams having deeper meanings and purposes, and sometimes maybe even a metaphor for future events, I don't think that this dream was one such one. Some dreams really are just random. So there's someone that you like there. Everyone has one of those dreams once in a while. I think you're just trying to delve too deep.

Tasura
06-29-2006, 07:13 AM
Umm, if you can give me until tomorrow night and PM me your dream, I can try and do an interpreation when im not so tired, and even dreams that seem like they have no meaning, could have a deeper meaning then dreams that seem to have a meaning.

Faris
06-29-2006, 07:13 AM
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Look up things that stick out and piece meanings together. Might want to find a few more sources, but this is the best one. I have a book that I use to interpret my dreams.

Old Manus
06-29-2006, 07:31 AM
It unfortunately means that the world as we know it is going to end soon.

Christmas
06-29-2006, 07:34 AM
It also mean you have been chosen to save it.

But your effort will be meaningless anyway.

Sefie1999AD
06-29-2006, 08:34 AM
Your dream reminds me of a Coliseum-style arena, especially the one in Star Wars Episode II. Some parts also feel like they've been influenced by action movies, and maybe there's a bit of Final Fantasy in the dream too.

drunkymonkey
06-29-2006, 10:02 AM
I think I'd like a dream like that.

Your dream reminds me of a Coliseum-style arena, especially the one in Star Wars Episode II. Some parts also feel like they've been influenced by action movies, and maybe there's a bit of Final Fantasy in the dream too.
That's what I was thinking. Ancient Rome meets Stalkers from Half Life 2...

Anaisa
06-29-2006, 10:47 AM
I work as a dream analyst, an looking at your dream it seems to me that it's a dream that doesn't really require interpretation. Not all dreams are meant to be interpreted, because they may just stem from outside influence, a movie you've watched, etc. Your dream seems to fall into that category.

Captain Maxx Power
06-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Dream interpretation is much like Tarot Card reading; it's all about the readers interpretation. I've never liked the concept of "dream dictionaries". After all who's to say Plane's mean the same thing to a guy from Brighton than some lass from Uganda. So here I go with the whole interpretation thing.

I was in some sort of arena-like thing with a tier at the bottom and an upper half-crescent teir,and i had a katana.(i am into that kinda stuff).it had a sandy floor and there were a few other people with me,all capable of fighting.

This to me shows that you currently feel that you're in conflict with others around you, and that you feel as though there is no escape for you personally. But you don't feel vulnerable, yet you are aware of the strengths of others around you, and know that you are in for a tough time.

for some reason,there was someone i liked there...like,really liked/loved...[

Obvioulsy in the situation mentioned above, you feel as though there is someone you care about caught in the crossfire. You feel as though in someway that what is happening to you is signficant to this person. They may not actually be involved directly with your personal conflict, as you may wish for this person to be involved in order to be closer to them.

heh.in order to get out,we had to operate two mechanisms locked by three pillars each,wich only barely came out of the ground(like,at ground level not even an inch).three were on each tier,and in the center were screw like things incredible hard to turn.once turned quite a bit the pillars popped open like on hinges,and once all six were opened we could escape.

Again this is your interpretation of your struggle. You see it as a very difficult, perhaps impossible task to overcome. It may be a bit literal to think there are three direct obstacles for you to overcome. Rather these are representations. The fact that you can remember them so fully suggests that you are acutely aware of the problems you are facing, and are most likely already attempting to find a solution for them.

there were strange,pale humanoid creatures all over,that i dunno what but somehow used fire to attack us.somethign happened with one of them and burned my wrists or somthin.really.before i killed it,that is. thats all that i remember,its mainly the setting i seemed to notice.

The humanoid creatures may simply be a random element, since you say you remember the setting more meaning that that was the dominant theme of the dream and therefore where the majority of the message can be found. They may suggest a human influence in the problems you are facing. Generally speaking we tend to warp human beings in our dreams into something they're not. Be it through their appearance, their behaviour or details about their lives (for example in one dream I had I kept calling a friend of mine Greg, even though his name isn't Greg). These may be warped manifestations of the people who are either causing your problems, or are aggrevating them. The fact that they damaged your body suggests that they have already struck at you and that you feel helpless to defend against their attacks, but strong enough to see them off at least.

Don't take any of this as cannonical, but maybe it'll get the mind gears grinding.

Shaun
06-29-2006, 11:18 AM
People with big imaginations over-exaggerate their dreams...

Moon Rabbits
06-29-2006, 04:45 PM
I think it just means you play too many RPGs.

FAR too many.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-29-2006, 04:49 PM
It means you went to sleep and you had a dream. A dream with not enough robots. Thats it.

Tasura
06-29-2006, 08:18 PM
I work as a dream analyst, an looking at your dream it seems to me that it's a dream that doesn't really require interpretation. Not all dreams are meant to be interpreted, because they may just stem from outside influence, a movie you've watched, etc. Your dream seems to fall into that category.

Your not a very good analyst if you only paid attention to the dream as a whole and not the parts that make the whole, thats like a mechanic looking at the body of a car adn saying its fine without checking the engine or other such stuff.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-29-2006, 08:49 PM
A lot of my dreams don't make sense. I can sit there thinking for ages how to piece two things together but can never make any sense of it

SummonerCloud
06-30-2006, 12:19 AM
you are all mindless fools,huh?tasura...thank you.tasura pmed me the interpretation of (his/her...sorry i dunno) idea,and when i think of it,it makes an incredible amount of sense...i am so called "intelligent",and was in the gifted(smart not down's)program in school.i am supposedly one of the smartest students the school has seen for my age group,and i just have this feeling it meant something...guess i was kind of right.thank you tasura,and shame on those who doubted....

edit after reading whole thing...hehehe:maxx power,your interpretations also seem to fit greatly...it makes sense now,i guess it was the stress in my life kind of making it hard for me to see,but that my subconscious was like,tryin to tip me off,you know?but i thank you both,maxx and tasura.you have unveiled a part of me,one that was driving me insane...thank you.

and by the way,
yes,i play too many rpgs.

but is that a bad thing?

Tasura
06-30-2006, 12:21 AM
you are all mindless fools,huh?tasura...thank you.tasura pmed me the interpretation of (his/her...sorry i dunno) idea,and when i think of it,it makes an incredible amount of sense...i am so called "intelligent",and was in the gifted(smart not down's)program in school.i am supposedly one of the smartest students the school has seen for my age group,and i just have this feeling it meant something...guess i was kind of right.thank you tasura,and shame on those who doubted....

His, and your welcome again ^^

Levian
06-30-2006, 12:26 AM
This is bad. This is really really bad.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
06-30-2006, 02:27 AM
Maybe you heard stories like that or watched movies that had someone wrists burned off but don't worry. Maybe it is a sign but you will be okay.:)

drunkymonkey
06-30-2006, 11:15 AM

edit after reading whole thing...hehehe:maxx power,your interpretations also seem to fit greatly...it makes sense now,i guess it was the stress in my life kind of making it hard for me to see,but that my subconscious was like,tryin to tip me off,you know?but i thank you both,maxx and tasura.you have unveiled a part of me,one that was driving me insane...thank you.

and by the way,

but is that a bad thing?

Sorry, what you are trying to say is absurd. Just because one person gave you a definition, it doesn't mean that it's correct. It could be completely and utterly wrong. But, whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Also: what does being 'intelligent' and being in the 'gifted' section of your year group have to do with having dreams?

Shaun
06-30-2006, 11:34 AM
you are all mindless fools,huh?

i am so called "intelligent",and was in the gifted(smart not down's)program in school

?

i am supposedly one of the smartest students the school has seen for my age group

Maybe you could learn a thing or two about punctuation from this forum? Also, yoiu could try and change your custom title to 'Mako-infused Psychopath'?

but is that a bad thing?

Well, no offence, but you seem pretty deluded.

Markus. D
06-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Ok had this dream last night,normal day to and its pissin me off its so confusing,please help me understand....

I was in some sort of arena-like thing with a tier at the bottom and an upper half-crescent teir,and i had a katana.(i am into that kinda stuff).it had a sandy floor and there were a few other people with me,all capable of fighting.for some reason,there was someone i liked there...like,really liked/loved...[heh.in order to get out,we had to operate two mechanisms locked by three pillars each,wich only barely came out of the ground(like,at ground level not even an inch).three were on each tier,and in the center were screw like things incredible hard to turn.once turned quite a bit the pillars popped open like on hinges,and once all six were opened we could escape.there were strange,pale humanoid creatures all over,that i dunno what but somehow used fire to attack us.somethign happened with one of them and burned my wrists or somthin.really.before i killed it,that is. thats all that i remember,its mainly the setting i seemed to notice.

i know it seems insane but please help me out.
Also,anything in color kind of stuck out and i think has a bigger meaning.
thanks in advance,and i have no mental illness history in family,
summonercloud.

that there is a case of RPG ridiculopathy (spelling?)

^-^

Anaisa
06-30-2006, 10:11 PM

Your not a very good analyst if you only paid attention to the dream as a whole and not the parts that make the whole, thats like a mechanic looking at the body of a car adn saying its fine without checking the engine or other such stuff.
You're assuming I didn't look into the different parts that make up the whole dream, which is not the case.

Tasura
06-30-2006, 10:13 PM

You're assuming I didn't look into the different parts that make up the whole dream, which is not the case.

Then you should have at least brought up the parts, some parts may have a meaning if most of the dream doesnt.

Anaisa
06-30-2006, 10:38 PM

Then you should have at least brought up the parts, some parts may have a meaning if most of the dream doesnt.
If a dream is influenced widely by something like a TV show etc. Even if you come across something within that dream that may appear to be of significance. It's best not to be analysed and presented to somebody, incase like the rest of the dream, it stems from a source of no importance to the dreamer. If you were to analyse that one particular part an present it to them, they may choose to believe what you've told them applies to them, even if it doesn't. It's best to avoid that happening. If the part of the dream is of importance as suspected, it will present itself in another dream. You should analyse it then, when it would be appropriate to do so.

Tasura
06-30-2006, 10:53 PM

If a dream is influenced widely by something like a TV show etc. Even if you come across something within that dream that may appear to be of significance. It's best not to be analysed and presented to somebody, incase like the rest of the dream, it stems from a source of no importance to the dreamer. If you were to analyse that one particular part an present it to them, they may choose to believe what you've told them applies to them, even if it doesn't. It's best to avoid that happening. If the part of the dream is of importance as suspected, it will present itself in another dream. You should analyse it then, when it would be appropriate to do so.

Or, if someone looks beyond their first consideration o the dream, and looks to see if it has meaning, by interpreting it and telling it to the dreamer and asking if it has sigificance, which in this case it did.

Anaisa
07-01-2006, 12:08 AM

Or, if someone looks beyond their first consideration o the dream, and looks to see if it has meaning, by interpreting it and telling it to the dreamer and asking if it has sigificance, which in this case it did.
The dreamer in this case wants to believe the dream is significant, so their open to suggestibility.

Tasura
07-01-2006, 12:11 AM

The dreamer in this case wants to believe the dream is significant, so their open to suggestibility.

You arent the dreamer, you cant say that the dreamer wanted to belive it, if he wanted to, he wanted to, if he didnt, he didnt, you nor I can say if he wanted too.

Anaisa
07-01-2006, 12:13 AM

You arent the dreamer, you cant say that the dreamer wanted to belive it, if he wanted to, he wanted to, if he didnt, he didnt, you nor I can say if he wanted too.If he didn't want it to, he wouldn't have made this thread.

Tasura
07-01-2006, 12:15 AM

You arent the dreamer, you cant say that the dreamer wanted to belive it, if he wanted to, he wanted to, if he didnt, he didnt, you nor I can say if he wanted too.If he didn't want it to, he wouldn't have made this thread.

He wanted his dream interpreted, he didnt want to belive it, some people dont belive that their interpretation is true, some do, he did.

Anaisa
07-01-2006, 12:20 AM

He wanted his dream interpreted, he didnt want to belive it, some people dont belive that their interpretation is true, some do, he did.
He wouldn't ask people to interpret his dream if he thought it held no significance, nor wanted to believe it was of no significance.

StarChild
07-01-2006, 12:32 AM
I'm glad you know what he's thinking...

Anaisa
07-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Yes, I'm clearly a mind-reader. How else would I know that somebody suggesting that something be interpreted, thought that something required interpretation?!

StarChild
07-01-2006, 12:49 AM
*stares blankly* obviously...you're upset over SOMETHING, and I am FRANKLY not in the mood to deal with your attitude. so just LAY OFF.

I was merely suggesting that you do not know what this young person was thinking when they posted this, they were obviously concerned about something, but we do not know exactly why. ok? next time you want to start something with me, please be nice about it, and say it in a PM...thanks.

Anaisa
07-01-2006, 01:13 AM
*stares blankly* obviously...you're upset over SOMETHING, and I am FRANKLY not in the mood to deal with your attitude. so just LAY OFF.

I was merely suggesting that you do not know what this young person was thinking when they posted this, they were obviously concerned about something, but we do not know exactly why. ok? next time you want to start something with me, please be nice about it, and say it in a PM...thanks.
I never claimed to know the inner workings of their mind. I've stated what should be to anyone blatantly obvious. He wants his dream interpreted, therefore he believes it requires interpretation. I'd hardly say that was presumptuous of me. An if you direct a sarcastic comment at someone, you should expect to get one back.

Tasura
07-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Did you also forget you said that he wanted to belive it? I think thats what she meant when she said what she said, or do you just ignore something you say when its used against you.

Anaisa
07-01-2006, 01:31 AM
Did you also forget you said that he wanted to belive it? I think thats what she meant when she said what she said, or do you just ignore something you say when its used against you.
No, the two comments are totally correlated, hence me only mentioning the one.

Darkmage
07-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Those pale humanoid creatures sound like the morphs from Fire Emblem...

I don't usually pay any mind to my dreams. They usually make no sense. Things that I know don't make sense but do in my dream until I wake up.

You know those can return things in the grocery store? I dreampt that instead of money, you got to do a prize grabber. And I dreampt that someone stole the can return/ prize grabber like someone robbing an ATM. And this was a huge thing that stole the money I put in and had four arms and was like fifteen feet tall.

Or once, I was in a classroom with someone I like. There were busts (statue heads) in place of the desks. She told me to kneel down and kissed my forehead.

All I'm saying is, dreams don't usually make sense, and if they're weird enough, you might not want to ponder it too much.

Tasura
07-01-2006, 01:33 AM
No, the two comments are totally correlated, hence me only mentioning the one.

No they're not, you knowing he wanted it interreted and yo knowing he wanted to belive it are two different things, everyone knows he wanted it interpreted, he posted the thread and aprently you're psychic enough to read his mind adn know he wanted to belive it.

RSL
07-01-2006, 01:34 AM
This argument is going nowhere. If you wish to continue it, you'll have to do it via private messages.