PDA

View Full Version : Tonberries

Captain Maxx Power
06-29-2006, 11:46 AM
I've been tearing my hair out trying to find these little bleeders for the purposes of capping. I swear if I have to encounter another Magic Pot I'm going to go loco. Anyways, are there any areas of the sunken cave where I can find him?

anacacia
06-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Don't know. But I think these things suck... sorry for the language. But they really do. I am pretty sure it is this game when they kill 9999. It kinda hurts me... ouchie...

Zeromus_X
06-29-2006, 11:49 AM
I dunno what to say...I just ran around until I found one. (Can't remember what I was trying to get as a reward, but I remember it was important..)

Don Tonberry, on the other hand....:p

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
06-29-2006, 01:32 PM
the tonberries appear more often at the back of the cave near the transporter. when you go there tho make sure u use the teleporter to get back to the entrance or u will encounter dark yojimbo. they also appear oftenly (is that a word?) at the secret rooms off to the side

Dell
06-29-2006, 03:28 PM
Tonberry appears in the place where green light is. They appear in that place often. I could have swear that Mega Tonberries is harder.

sHoKz
06-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Tonberry appears in the place where green light is. They appear in that place often. I could have swear that Mega Tonberries is harder.

Yeah, after the first chamber there will be two green spots, one just before and after the second room, keep going back and forth on those green lights and he should appear, I managed to get him once for every three fights on those.

4evarisha
06-29-2006, 07:20 PM
Do you mean the monster arena tonberry.

Renmiri
06-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Don't they have a lot of thomberries on Mushroom Rock ? (Maybe that's FFX2 I'm remebering).

*Lady luck*
06-30-2006, 12:48 AM
honestly i think i encountered a toneberry about once every fifteen minutes of wondering around. i remember it took me FOREVER to capture 10. i found them more often in the back of the cave. on the other hand i encountered a magic pot like every other battle ....... what exactly are they for? and is there any benefit of fighting them?

Tavrobel
06-30-2006, 12:54 AM
If you attack the correct "Eye" of a Magic Pot, you can get bonus items. If you attack the wrong "Eye," you will be hit by a physical Area of Effect attack.

I've yet to be able to attack it correctly more than twice, but the value/rarity of the items given increase for every "Eye" hit correctly in sequence. Too bad that the sequence is random...

Tonberries appear more frequently in the back of the caves. You can also go into the hidden vault rooms for a much higher frequency of encountering Tonberries. The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth is also the only place where you find Tonberries in FFX.

Renmiri
06-30-2006, 03:03 AM
I have got all the way up to 6 (out of 7) nodes but never 7... It is random but he repeats the sequence a couple of times, then changes it slightly, repeats a bit... It's my favorite fiend, sooo cute!

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Mpot.jpg

4evarisha
06-30-2006, 04:49 AM
oh okay

Captain Maxx Power
06-30-2006, 10:27 AM
I successfully capped all necessary Tonboys. Now I've got the unenviable task of sitting through seventeen Blitzball games and capture a bunch of monsters from the Omega Ruins...AGAIN! (I *%£$in' hate you Omega Weapon, to hell with your Ultima).

Dell
06-30-2006, 04:58 PM
I successfully capped all necessary Tonboys. Now I've got the unenviable task of sitting through seventeen Blitzball games and capture a bunch of monsters from the Omega Ruins...AGAIN! (I *%£$in' hate you Omega Weapon, to hell with your Ultima).

If you just want to catch the monster in Omega Ruins, you don't need to fight Omega or venture in further. The area around save point is already nice.

4evarisha
06-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah instead of going too deep.

zeilov_khaschante
07-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Just flee when you encounter the magicpots! What a coward way.. He he. Coz I dunno know any other area which is the habitat of this tonbery, sorry.