06-30-2006, 01:43 PM
NO SPOILERS!
NO SPOILERS!
NO SPOILERS!
NO SPOILERS!
NO SPOILERS!
NO SPOILERS!
NO SPOILERS!

now that that's out of the way, talk about lost the tv series but all you americans better not spoil anything from after series 2 or ill get
MAD
:mad2::mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Chris
06-30-2006, 03:21 PM
It's the wrong place, so I'll report it to the mods, so they can move it to the Lounge.

I loved season one, but I lost interest somewhere in the middle of season two.

:)

eestlinc
06-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Television discussion goes in the Lounge.

I think we already have a Lost thread, but I'll check.

edit: we have a few, but they are old and filled with spoilers (for season two i guess, never seen the show personally) Anyway if you are concerned about spoilers I wouldn't dig around in threads about the show here.

Alive-Cat
06-30-2006, 03:46 PM
I value Lost.

Roto13
06-30-2006, 03:52 PM
Well, America only has up to season 2 anyway, so you don't really have to worry about that.

Actually, I finished watching season 2 the other day. I watched season 1 when it originally aired, but I didn't find the beginning of season 2 that interesting so I stopped. Then I heard it got pretty good later, so I downloaded it. That Mr. Ecco or Mr. Eko or whatever guy is awesome. And I was so happy when Anna Lucia died. I hated her. A few things from the first season were a bit too rare this season, like Jack's father, the cloud monster, and Charlie. More Charlie!

Topcat
06-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Lost is my favourite program at the moment, totally absorbing. Apparently they are going to do 7 series!! Don't know if it will still be as exciting by then, but so far season 2 is just as good as season1.:)

Sergeant Hartman
06-30-2006, 04:11 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42 EXECUTE.

Dreddz
06-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Lost isnt that great, it is still enjoyable to watch, but a story that I once thought was intresting and worth while now seems to be a complete mess. Too many questions, too little answers. Instead of explaining, they just put more questions into the equation. I was pleased that the Season 2 finale answered some major questions that confuzzled me, but I had to wait two whole seasons for it.

Spiffing Cheese
06-30-2006, 05:04 PM
I love Lost. Except it confuses me too much. But I still love it. Sawyer rules all.

I will comment on Jack's emo crybabyness in Rye's absence. Jack is an emo crybaby and he should die. Oh, and his head is gigantic.

Sergeant Hartman
06-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Apparently they are going to do 7 series!!
SEVEN O_o

Moon Rabbits
06-30-2006, 05:23 PM
I heard 4 seasons only.

Spiffing Cheese
06-30-2006, 05:27 PM
And I thought it was five. :laugh:

Moon Rabbits
06-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Conspiracies afoot.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
06-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Television discussion goes in the Lounge.

I think we already have a Lost thread, but I'll check.

edit: we have a few, but they are old and filled with spoilers (for season two i guess, never seen the show personally) Anyway if you are concerned about spoilers I wouldn't dig around in threads about the show here.

i made it because i thought it went general chat and there weren't any there.

Roto13
06-30-2006, 06:25 PM
For a while, the display pic I had in MSN was a Locke with an orange or something in his mouth. I don't really like the direction he took in season 2. He lost his mind. I still want to know how he lost the use of his legs. I hope that's explained next season.

Spiffing Cheese
06-30-2006, 06:54 PM
For a while, the display pic I had in MSN was a Locke with an orange or something in his mouth. I don't really like the direction he took in season 2. He lost his mind. I still want to know how he lost the use of his legs. I hope that's explained next season.

Insane Locke is awesome. I love Eko and Locke together, they really make me giggle. No idea why. Maybe I'm the insane one. :(

~SapphireStar~
06-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Is it still going? Man I gave up end of series 1 which I viewed way before Channel 4 even reached it. But Locke is the best character on there IMO.

Kirobaito
06-30-2006, 07:01 PM
My thoughts on that:

When the magnet went ka-boom with the EMP (shutting off the thing with the key), Locke will lose the use of his legs once again. The first episode of Season 3 will be where we learn how he lost the use of them.

I'm making that up, but it's what I think.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
06-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Ireland is over 5 episodes ahead of chanel 4 *points over to England.* HA HA:tongue:

Roto13
06-30-2006, 07:08 PM
My thoughts on that:

When the magnet went ka-boom with the EMP (shutting off the thing with the key), Locke will lose the use of his legs once again. The first episode of Season 3 will be where we learn how he lost the use of them.

Oh, that's a strong possibility. Does this mean Rose's cancer will come back, as well?

Kirobaito
06-30-2006, 07:18 PM
My thoughts on that:

Oh, that's a strong possibility. Does this mean Rose's cancer will come back, as well?
I think that will be an unfortunate coincidence.

Another thing. Lost appears to mirror Maslow's hierarchy of needs. For those who don't know, Maslow theorized that human needs go in this order (most important first):

1. Biological Needs
2. Safety and Security
3. Romance/Belonging
4. Status/Esteem
5. Actualization

I think this mirrors the seasons of Lost. In season 1, their primary goal was to find basic shelter, food, water, and learn how to survive. In Season 2, with the hatch, they became more safe. They added to their numbers with the addition of the Tailies and reinforced their homes. I guess this means in Season 3, love will be the main focus, which will actually fit in with Rose dying - her love with Bernard will be able to come to a forefront. Charlie and Claire appear to be together, too. Just a thought. :)

~SapphireStar~
06-30-2006, 07:20 PM
Ireland is over 5 episodes ahead of chanel 4 *points over to England.* HA HA
Oh dear, how angry and upsetting. We will get the episodes eventually.

Roto13
06-30-2006, 07:35 PM
My thoughts on that:

Another thing. In Season 2, with the hatch, they became more safe.
But the hatch is gone now. That's kind of a step back as far as safety needs go.

Kirobaito
06-30-2006, 07:43 PM
My thoughts on that:

Another thing. In Season 2, with the hatch, they became more safe.
But the hatch is gone now. That's kind of a step back as far as safety needs go.
Ooooorrrr They acquired that need, became safe, and because of that, don't need it anymore. Or something. The point is the hierarchy. Even though they did lose the Hatch, they still acquired their need of safety over the course of season 2 (with the obvious Other exceptions), even though they did, in the end, lose it. And we actually don't know what the hatch looks like. It could still be usable, even though the magnet kinda fried a lot of the metal.

Roto13
06-30-2006, 08:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL-jbe3ZoW8

I was cleaning up my bookmarks and I found this. Enjoy. ;)

Sergeant Hartman
07-01-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm confused with the whole 'Others' thing.

Craig
07-01-2006, 01:33 PM
I loved Season 1, getting pretty bored of watching Season 2 now but I'll just make myself.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-01-2006, 03:55 PM
spoiler or not you will learn locke is an ass you'll feel somewhat sorry for!

I saw all of season 2 through torrents but yea that season finale was a killer

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
07-01-2006, 04:03 PM
How many episodes are there before the finale after the one where Michael shoots Ana Lucia and Libby?

Im going on holidays in three weeks so i have to know.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
07-01-2006, 04:07 PM
after that theres 4 more individual episodes. That episode was #20 there was a 2 hour season finale which are #23 and #24 so if your going to download it theres 4 to go!

Pumpkin0
07-01-2006, 07:41 PM
I am totally addcited to Lost! <3 I actually prefered season 2, I found it more exciting.

My fave char is probably Sawyer <3 He has some of the best quotes in the show:

"You even made Locke take a swing at you. Hell, that's like getting Gandhi to beat his kids." xD I luv u

Cid
07-01-2006, 07:47 PM
Season I was much better :(

Del Murder
07-01-2006, 07:48 PM
I need to get season 1 on DVD.

Kirobaito
07-01-2006, 08:02 PM
I need to get season 1 on DVD.
You get extra flashbacks on the DVD. I can't remember which ones, particularly, because my cousin is borrowing it, but one of them is Sayid's scene at the airport.

darkchrono
07-02-2006, 03:38 AM
I thought season 2 was better than season 1.

Season 2 dealt with more complex issues than season 1 did.

Whereas season 1 pretty much just dealt with introducing the characters and finding out what the heck might be on the island.

In season 2 they find out what exactly is on the island and you get to find out how they deal with it. And you also have the relationships with each individual character furthered so how they relate to eachother becomes that much more interesting.

I think as long as they have enough story points left to tell and they already have planned out how they are going to tell them (which I am sure they do) I expect the seasons to only get better as the series runs along. Because each season the characters will continue to grow with each experience they have on the island.

That is the good thing about shows like Lost where you have to watch every single episode to know what is going on because each episode adds onto the one that came before. Unlike many of the sitcoms out there whose purpose is just to make you laugh and they don't need to plan things out and there is really no need for you to see every single episode.

Madame Adequate
07-02-2006, 03:49 AM
All these people saying "It's too confusing!" makes me understand why producers don't like to fund shows with several-season story arcs =/

Be patient. They'll explain things. Babylon 5 took a full five seasons to clear things up, and there was still plenty left over for novelizations and Crusade. It's also one of the best things ever.

That said, it's a pain in the ass waiting for each episode to reveal just a litttttttle bit more. It definitely works better on DVD when you can watch a few eps at a time.

But then again, I watch it religiously, so I suppose it does what it is meant to do =P

Kirobaito
07-02-2006, 03:51 AM
I thought season 2 was better than season 1.

Season 2 dealt with more complex issues than season 1 did.

Whereas season 1 pretty much just dealt with introducing the characters and finding out what the heck might be on the island.

In season 2 they find out what exactly is on the island and you get to find out how they deal with it. And you also have the relationships with each individual character furthered so how they relate to eachother becomes that much more interesting.

I think as long as they have enough story points left to tell and they already have planned out how they are going to tell them (which I am sure they do) I expect the seasons to only get better as the series runs along. Because each season the characters will continue to grow with each experience they have on the island.

That is the good thing about shows like Lost where you have to watch every single episode to know what is going on because each episode adds onto the one that came before. Unlike many of the sitcoms out there whose purpose is just to make you laugh and they don't need to plan things out and there is really no need for you to see every single episode.
Kinda sprouting from this is my problem with those who say that if Desmond crashed the plane on accident then it's just coincidence that all of these people are connected and that it's stupid.

I completely disagree with that thought. The FACT that all of these people are connected is meant to hold much more meaning than to the plot of the show. It's meant to show us that fate can bring us together sometimes, but really we're not so very far apart anyway. And I'm pretty happy just leaving it at that. No Jack's Dad is in charge of the Others theory, no anything. It's just the way it is.

Roto13
07-02-2006, 03:55 AM
Speaking of Jack's dad, where the hell was he this season? He was a zombie or something in season 1, and he never came back. Well, he came back in flashbacks, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Kirobaito
07-02-2006, 03:58 AM
Speaking of Jack's dad, where the hell was he this season? He was a zombie or something in season 1, and he never came back. Well, he came back in flashbacks, but that's not what I'm talking about.
Well, he was never there on the island. His appearance in "White Rabbit" was Jack's imagination working. Of course, there is the question of what happened to his body (remember, the coffin was empty), but I think that was more symbolic than anything. Jack thought that he had found his father - both physically and emotionally - but he hadn't. I think he will eventually find his father's corpse, but it will be after he truly discovers his father, which will be if and when he discovers that he and Claire are siblings.

EDIT: Also, I was at Barnes and Noble today and spied a book entitled <i>Bad Twin</i> by Gary Troup. Ring a bell? It was the manuscript that Sawyer was reading in <i>Two for the Road</i> that Jack stuck in the fire. The back talks about how this was Gary Troup's last novel before disappearing on Oceanic Flight 815.

darkchrono
07-02-2006, 04:06 AM
You know I never really bought the rumor about them being siblings.

From what I have seen all that was derived from was that the girl in austrailia who his dad went up and talked to had blonde hair.

Kirobaito
07-02-2006, 04:33 AM
You know I never really bought the rumor about them being siblings.

From what I have seen all that was derived from was that the girl in austrailia who his dad went up and talked to had blonde hair.
The fact that she does have blonde hair is a big part of it, yes, but the writers went out of their way to declare that Claire didn't know her father ("Raised By Another"), and that Christian's daughter, who he had abandoned, lived in Australia. I just think it makes sense, based on what we know about how the writers like to tie the characters into each other.

darkchrono
07-02-2006, 04:53 AM
There is something though that can kind of defunct that theory though. And that is that that scene where Christian talks to that lady would have had to have happened quite awhile before they crashed on the island in order for it to hold true.

Claire is in her 20's at the time of the plane crash and she would of had to have been much younger for that scene to make much sense. And the fact that Ana Lucia was involved in that scene as well makes me think that that scene did not take place a lengthy period of time before the plane crash.

Kirobaito
07-02-2006, 04:59 AM
There is something though that can kind of defunct that theory though. And that is that that scene where Christian talks to that lady would have had to have happened quite awhile before they crashed on the island in order for it to hold true.

Claire is in her 20's at the time of the plane crash and she would of had to have been much younger for that scene to make much sense. And the fact that Ana Lucia was involved in that scene as well makes me think that that scene did not take place a lengthy period of time before the plane crash.
If what you mean is that Claire wouldn't have been living with her mother at the time, well, Christian wouldn't have known any better. He was paying the mortgage on woulda-be Ms. Littleton's house, as he said, and so that would have been where he would have gone if he wanted to find his daughter. He might not have thought that his daughter was living there, but that was the only place that he knew to go to. The woman never said that her daughter was there, she just kept Christian from entering, which is what anyone would have done. I do agree that she looks quite young, though.

EDIT: Another thought.... Anthony Cooper, Locke's real dad, is the real Sawyer.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-02-2006, 06:46 PM
In my country were still in middle of season 2...just saw the episode were Michale returns and shoots everyone, original to say the least.

Kuzotz
07-02-2006, 06:58 PM
To be honest I saw one episode of Lost, and literally no pun intended became lost. I forgot what hcannel it comes on now. I might try downloading them I relaly don't know yet.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
07-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Unlike many of the sitcoms out there whose purpose is just to make you laugh and they don't need to plan things out and there is really no need for you to see every single episode.

yeah but everyone loves sitcoms too

darkchrono
07-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Kuzotz if you just see one random episode of Lost you probably will think it is rather confusing and uninteresting (and that is probably the main negative about the show (it is very hard for people who havn't watched it from the beginning to understand)).

But if you do go back and watch every single episode from the beginning you will probably find that it is an extremely addictive show and an extremely well done show to boot.