PDA

View Full Version : OMG we're all gonna die!

Freya
06-30-2006, 05:23 PM
thanks bipper i didn't notice so i will change it.

Ever think you were faced with death?

bipper
06-30-2006, 05:27 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=87670

edit *werd:cool:* I almost got smeared by a truck when I jumped back to dodge a mud-ball. If you seen the mud ball, you might realise my logic.

Venom
06-30-2006, 05:35 PM
Ummm...couple times I nearly died. So not only do I think I was faced with death I know it.:D

StarChild
06-30-2006, 05:44 PM
last year in January I got really sick and couldn't eat, like i just couldn't eat. Went to the doctor found out my liver was inflammed, so two weeks went buy and I was in and out of the hospital...and I was basically ready to just give up because i was tired of being stuck by needles and stuff and then I started getting better. I had an "acute liver failure" -__- that was scary.

Tasura
06-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Too many times to count, well, a couple are memrable, like the almost drowning, and the car acident.

Zeldy
06-30-2006, 05:56 PM
No, I can't say I have.

I might have been when I was a baby as I was born in the Water Sack - I geuss if they hadn't broke that quick enough or whatever I might not have lived

KentaRawr!
06-30-2006, 06:06 PM
Well, when I was 5 or 6 I was sleeping on the top bunk of my bunk bed, and there was a little gap between the mattress and the thing that is supposed to keep you from falling. I rolled over, and everything but my head slipped through. ;) I screamed at the top of my lungs, but according to my brother and sister, "They heard me tickling Danny.". At the time, Danny was very ticklish. He screamed if I tickled him. :p About 10-20 minutes later, they finally came upstairs and got me out.

Another time (When I was 9 or 12) would be when we had a giant bouncing ball. Nano and I had a funny trick. We would throw the ball at the "Cannon", who was a person with their legs prepare to kick the ball. Normally, I was the Cannon, but this time I was in charge of throwing the ball. When I was about to throw the ball, I tripped into Nano's Range. He kicked the ball, and all the energy transfered to my body, and I flew across the room. When I sat up, I realized that the Seater-Chest (Sp?) nearly slammed on my neck. If I had waited a few more seconds... :cry:

Another time would be when I was born. :) I had liquid in my lungs. My Mom had been waiting a while until she could take me home. Then a fellow nurse called her and said "I'm soooo sorry about the baby! Is there anything I can do?" needless to say, my Mom nearly had a heart attack. :tongue: She took my home on that day or the next.

eestlinc
06-30-2006, 06:28 PM
one time i was driving on the highway in the middle of the night and i woke up in the grass median heading toward a bridge, but I was able to get back on the road in time.

Zeromus_X
06-30-2006, 06:31 PM
I was born prematurely, but other than that, I can't think of anything else except almost falling into a canal when I was a kid.

Jessweeee♪
06-30-2006, 06:47 PM
I almost drowned in Lake Michagain when I was three. Even today I'm not a good swimmer.

~SapphireStar~
06-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Twice, once when our coach's roof ripped off in France from going under a small tunnel and the second time was on a boat trying to get into Liverpool harbour, and they had to send tug boats out to get us because the waves were so rough and we couldnt get near the harbour. On both occasions, I seriously did think I was going to die.

kikimm
06-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Well there was this one time when I was skiing and I was going way too fast and I thought my legs were going to snap and then I would die. Obviously overreacting but blegh.

There have been a few scary times in the pool or the ocean as well. One in particular stands out but I can't remember it very well. I do that my dad came in and got me out though!

So nothing too serious yet.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
06-30-2006, 07:08 PM
once i nearly fell 30 feet off the stand at a Gaelic match.
twice i fell 10 feet off a ledge at the graveyard barely missing the sharp stones now there's a wall so people can't fall.

starseeker
06-30-2006, 08:07 PM
I nearly drowned in a swimming pool once. My dad misjudged the depth of a waterslide plunge pool. At the time I could barely tread water and had to be hauled out by the lifeguard with a long pole.

Lynx
06-30-2006, 08:17 PM
i tried to hand feed a huge bear but i guess that was my own fault haha. got into a car accident with no seatbelt on at like 50mph. made it out without a scratch. hit a car almost head on then hit a house. almost got my head taken off by a car rearview mirror when i was skateboarding. and i dont know probably some more i cant think of.

boris no no
06-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Born early and wasn't breathing. I have pictures of me and I look like a blueberry ^^
Nearly been run over a million times because I never pay attention to where I'm going
Erm...not a lot else really ^^ I'm a pretty safe(ish) person so hopefully nothing ever will

Owen Macwere
06-30-2006, 08:28 PM
erm... about just one time. I was really sick and kept passing out and in, I had a very high faver. spent about a month in the houspital. and well finally I got better, and I don't really understand what was wrong with me till now, that was about three years ago. doctors say it was some kind of a virus 0_o.

Captain Maxx Power
06-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Arse, what have I set off this time?

Sylvie
06-30-2006, 09:16 PM
When I was a couple months old I was sitting on a table in the store my parents owned. I was fooling around I guess and I fell off the table, luckily, one of the floor cleaners caught me and saved my life... what a hero.

Jojee
06-30-2006, 09:27 PM
Something about something when I was a baby and had to stay in the hospital for like a month.. umm xD I had pneumonia for like 2+ weeks with a fever of 105+ degrees during my freshman year of HS... right at finals time. I don't think I was in any real danger of dying though, although my hair did start to fall out after that >_>;;

I die once every month anyway.

Renmiri
06-30-2006, 10:02 PM
That is news for you ?

Imortality has not been invented yet ;)

Relax, death comes to all of us, no use worrying about it beforehand

Bart's Friend Milhouse
06-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Yes, but I'm not that scared of death

Reine
06-30-2006, 11:20 PM
I nearly drowned in a swimming pool once. My dad misjudged the depth of a waterslide plunge pool. At the time I could barely tread water and had to be hauled out by the lifeguard with a long pole.

Yeah, almost the same thing happened with me. Misjudged the depth and almost drowned. Never went in that pool again, despite being almost twice the height I was then

Meat Puppet
06-30-2006, 11:59 PM
I guess I'm a little lucky when it comes to not dying. Like one time I was riding my bicycle and this car hit me. I went flying backwards and I landed inches away from breaking my neck (I think). The bicycle took the most of the damage, I escaped with a chunk of skin out of my shoulder. It was quite the experience, though. Better than any drug I've ever taken. Oh, and when I hadn't had my first car for very long. I was speeding down some forest road. At the time I had no perception of what was too fast. I came to a corner and tried to take it and I spun out in a circle several times. Not too bad I guess, but I was more lucky that no other cars were on the road. Okay that one kind of sucked. At least I learned my lesson the easy way, though.

I have plenty more tales that I used to think were quite outstanding but then I see these guys on television that have been stabbed in the lung 18 times or got half digested by a sea lion and survived or whatever. It breaks my heart and makes all my times boring every day activities.

Freya
07-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Um i was in a bus that crashed cause the driver had a heart attack when i was 10. I was 1/2 a mile away from a tornado. When i was little i poured gasoline all over my garage then stuck my hand ont he stove and almost turned it on. other than those i've been erh kind of a safe kid.

Shiny
07-01-2006, 04:05 AM
I think it's time I used my future sig:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/xShiny1x/Jebussig.jpg

Stupid Weapons of Mass Destruction. :mad:

fantasyjunkie
07-01-2006, 05:53 AM
In Oceanside, California this lady pulled a semi automatic UZI out on me and two of my friends. I thought I was a gonner. Boy, was I scared!!!!!!

Outer Heaven
07-01-2006, 06:12 AM
In Oceanside, California this lady pulled a semi automatic UZI out on me and two of my friends. I thought I was a gonner. Boy, was I scared!!!!!!

Oceanside is a scary place. Just like Escondido.

Delicate Devotion
07-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Not really I have a lot of scars from doing stupid stuff. probley stuff that could of seriously hurt me but nothing that would of killed me. Althou my brother has tried twice :rolleyes2

Freya
07-01-2006, 08:34 AM
OMG people keep posting in my thread i feel popular.

Ii ran my brother over once with a gocart but thats him not me.

Psydekick
07-01-2006, 08:55 AM
No i havent but then i have only been alive 12 measly years so i guess one day it could happen:(

41-Inches-Wide
07-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Once I liked the thought of dying as a little kid, like the innocent Marcelino Pan y Vino.
But I have yet to experience a threat to my life.

Yuffie514
07-03-2006, 06:11 AM
i almost ran into oncoming traffic when i was much younger, perhaps 10 years old. it wouldn't have mattered if i died that time or sooner though...

eemica
07-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Nope, well, maybe when I was younger but besides that, no.
Sometimes tho, when I'm swimming, I feel like i'm about to drown..
cuz I can't swim up fast enough..or if I go to deep.

Shaun
07-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Not many of these I'd associate with death, but here are various times when I've been scared sh*tless (except the last one):

- In Year 5 or 6 (so, I was about ten) we were on a school trip, in the summer, and we were taking a break somewhere. Someone threw a rock and it hit a fly nest/hive/whatever. Remember how you see massive balls of them in cartoons? One of them was chasing me.

- Several years back I went on my body-board into the sea, on a holiday at Cornwall (maybe it was at Hyde, but I don't know). The waves were fun to ride on, but when the tide took me away, that was scary. Fortunately, I ended up just about half-a-mile away but I wasn't swept to the ocean. Then I'd have been in trouble.

- Apparently, someone said I was a few seconds away from being hit by a train once. But I don't believe that.

There's probably other stuff here but I don't remember much. Oh yeah, I almost drowned once. My vision pretty much burned to red.

Skarr
07-03-2006, 02:13 PM
I've never given it much thought but there was this one time Lord Voldemort strolled aimlessly in my back yard. While I was watching Lord of the Rings mind you. Yeah but no I've never really faced death.

Rye
07-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Yes actually. I was 2 weeks late and I had to be caesectioned out of my Mom because I was going to die if I wasn't taken out immediatedly and I went into distress on the heart monitor (I dunno if that means that my heart stopped or not), or something. Luckily, I'm just fine! :)

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-03-2006, 04:21 PM
You mean were not imortal?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
What about our spirit:(

Polaris
07-03-2006, 04:23 PM
well actually doctors when I was about to born said that my mom wouldn't hold it and she had to abort. Glad she didn't made it... but still I had to born very fast coz I was suffocating so I odn't really rememebr me suffocating! :p

CRAPTASTIC AVENGER
07-03-2006, 05:14 PM
When I was 12 There was this old bridge that crossed over this creek and it collapsed while I was on it and Apparently the creek was'nt as shallow as I thought it was. I actually Drowned but this guy saved me but then where I was laying had a lot of mud so I slipped an fell in again. I drowned then too, but that guy was still there to save me.
I'm so tramatized!

Jess
07-03-2006, 05:20 PM
I was born with my Umbilical cord wrapped around my neck and I was blue and dying. They cut it off in time, though. :jess:

Resha
07-03-2006, 05:24 PM
I think I was pretty ill as a kid but other than that, no.

Oh yes, there was this awesome time when I was 4 or something that I decided I wanted to look into the house above mine through the balcony, so I put a chair up towards the edge and stood on it, trying to be a little nosey...I dunno. And then my mum nearly had a heart-attack so I guess I almost killed her too.

Avarice-ness
07-03-2006, 05:29 PM
When I was a freshman in high school I almost got hit by a car two seperate times when I'd get off the bus. One point I got pulled back by my backpack from the bus driver before I took the last step and get nailed by the guy speeding on the -sidelane- where I would have gotten off the bus. It's kind of weird when something like that happens once, but then when it happens again and a few months later. The bus driver made the man cry. :eep:

Topcat
07-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I swallowed a 10 pence coin when i was 9, it was damn scary, couldn't breath for several minutes until my dad did the heimlich maneuver. However instead of pushing the coin up it went further down into my throat:eek: , luckily this allowed me to breath slightly. I went to the hospital and would have needed a operation to get the thing out of me, but later, before the operation i threw up, and out came the coin:) I still have the very coin with me today.:D

scrumpleberry
07-03-2006, 05:55 PM
I almost got ran over by a car in a city, but it ran over my foot instead. Weird thing is though, my foot was ok. It was a bit achey, but then it was fine. No bruises or anything.

Scarrrrry...

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-03-2006, 06:06 PM
I once jumped of from a building because i saw an old lady being assulted by a 7 foot tall burgler i quickly jumped out of my window with my super man outfit, only to remember that i couldnīt fly.

Results:

1) The burgler ranned away after seing a guy in thights jumping off a window while screaming "Prepare to be pulverized!"

2) The old lady safed my life by calling an ambulance.

3) The doctor sayd that i shouldnīt jump of windows with a super man costume, when he jumped he always used the Spider Man outfit cause heīs much cooler and can super glue himself to walls.

4) My parents stole my comic books and hided them in the basement

5) I learnt that wearing tights can be pretty painfull.

Thatīs how close i was to dying.

Owen Macwere
07-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I once jumped of from a building because i saw an old lady being assulted by a 7 foot tall burgler i quickly jumped out of my window with my super man outfit, only to remember that i couldnīt fly.

Results:

1) The burgler ranned away after seing a guy in thights jumping off a window while screaming "Prepare to be pulverized!"

2) The old lady safed my life by calling an ambulance.

3) The doctor sayd that i shouldnīt jump of windows with a super man costume, when he jumped he always used the Spider Man outfit cause heīs much cooler and can super glue himself to walls.

4) My parents stole my comic books and hided them in the basement

5) I learnt that wearing tights can be pretty painfull.

Thatīs how close i was to dying.

unbelieveable :rolleyes2

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Itīs true actually...but now i wear a spider man outfit and got bitten on purpose by one of those litle spiders...nothing happened yet!

JaytodaP
07-03-2006, 11:44 PM
I have horrible asthma and there was this one time that it got so bad i couldnt breath because my throat filled up with phleam or something. I passed out on the ground and woke up in a hospital with some weird machine in my house that helped me breathe a little bit. I thought i was done.

Sephex
07-04-2006, 06:40 AM
Since I drive on the express way almost every day, I guess I do tend to risk my life a little more than normal. Hell, driving a car is enough to face death when you think about it.

Have I ever faced death before, though? I guess. Some drunk guy almost hit my old car head-on. That could have sucked. I was lucky I dodged that one.

GhandiOwnsYou
07-05-2006, 08:24 PM
haha, a few days ago actually. I was out rock climbing with some buddies, and he had a rappel line set up. the problem was, the anchor point was a pair of chains hanging about 2 feet down on this ledge at the top of the cliff, on an overhang. so we clipped the line it all proper and started dropping off the side. a couple hgours later it started raining, and when we pulled up the rope to go before the downpour started, we noticed we had tied in too high on the chains, and the rope had been sawing against the edge of the cliff. one more rappel and whoever did it would have snapped the last few fibers and fallen 60+ feet to sharp pointy rocks....

We stopped at the outfitters on the way home and picked up another rope, and went back out the next morning. lol.

bipper
07-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Itīs true actually...but now i wear a spider man outfit and got bitten on purpose by one of those litle spiders...nothing happened yet!

I have a new favorite member on EOFF :p I am freicken laughing my ass off at work; now they will all know I am slacking.