PDA

View Full Version : sewing tips

LunaticPandora37
06-30-2006, 09:25 PM
i want to start sewing my own clothes but i don't even know where to begin...anyone know how to sew and spare some pointers...

Thanks

Pure Aerisbeauty7
06-30-2006, 09:48 PM
I know how to sew a little though not a lot. All I do is start from the end and try to close out a hole in my clothes. Advice:

If the clothing material is too thin and the clothing is torn, buy a patch and sew it to the torn area.

To start small sew anything type of fabric on a t-shirt you don't want and try practicing patterns before you actually make them.

I hope this will help you.:)

Shlup
06-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Start with a few Simplicity brand patterns. Have someone at the fabric store teach you how to read them. You may want to take notes; they can be a tad complicated. You probably wont be able to sew your own clothes without patterns right off the batt.

And, uh, be sure you have a sewing machine. Don't try making your own clothes by hand; that'd just be ridiculous.

Shoeberto
06-30-2006, 09:56 PM
do it all inside out.

Darkmage
07-01-2006, 01:48 AM
I have the best idea ever: don't ask for help from any guys. They don't know anything about sewing or other crafting arts. Or art.

Levian
07-01-2006, 02:04 AM
I made a t-shirt once. I made it inside out like hsu here already mentioned. and it turned out REALLY small. So make it big.

Shlup
07-01-2006, 02:45 AM
I didn't even think to mention making it inside out... Isn't that common sense?

Craftster.org has some good sewing projects.