PDA

View Full Version : necron??? (spoilers maybe)

Rogue
07-01-2006, 04:21 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: whos is necron?where did he come from?why did he show up?what does he have to do with the ff9 story?what the heck??????does he have somthing to do with kuja????or garland???:confused: :confused: plzzz help me i dont understand...........and where does the crystal come in?i think if im right eiko and daggers crystals combined to make one crystal and the it summoned the most powerful eldion necron im i right??????:confused: :confused:

ff_sweden
07-01-2006, 04:50 AM
Necron is the final boss in SquareSoft's Final Fantasy IX. It is seen at the end of the game after the player defeats the game's main villain Kuja, while he is in Trance form. Judging from Kuja's actions, it claimed that all life desired destruction and was going to grant the villain's wish. In the last battle, however, Necron was overcome by Zidane Tribal and company.

Origins - Necron, himself, is the ultimate eidolion referenced at the wall shrine in Madin Sari. The summoners tribe tried to call into existance an ultimate eidolion that would have no equal, however, they could not control it. Many died, but finally with the help of representatives of all the future civilizations of Gaia the summoners were capable of sealing Necron within the crystal, the source of all life on Gaia. Of course once the crystal is destroyed by Kuja, Necron is released.

Garland was made leader of Terra and the king of Castle Pandemonium when the original inhabitants of Terra went into their 'Deep Sleep'. He is responsible for creating the Genomes, including Kuja. However, Kuja was limited in power and lifespan, so Garland created Zidane Tribal, and Mikoto. Responsible for the destruction of Madain Sari, using the red globe that flashes a mysterious "eye" below the Invincible battleship to attack.

Garland was defeated at Pandemonium by Zidane and his party, only to be confronted by Kuja. Garland was too weak to fight back against the powerful Genome and Kuja threw Garland to his death. However Garland's spirit lived on and assisted the party during their journey through Memoria.

Garland was also the main villain of Final Fantasy I.

sub zero
07-01-2006, 10:19 PM
i thought alexander was the ultimate summon and leviathan was the one the tribe failed to summon and sealed away.

Rogue
07-03-2006, 11:30 AM
wow thx lol that help me out a ton lol:D :D

Zeromus_X
07-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Necron is merely the Deus ex Machina 'force of nature' final boss that is so prominent in the earlier FF games. (You can tell it's definitely a homage to Zeromus/X-Death/what-have-you.) Indeed, its name in the Japanese version is 'Darkness of Eternity' which obviously couldn't fit in letters on the screen. Anything more than that is just speculation and too outlandish to be even taken seriously.

Craig
07-03-2006, 12:22 PM
Necron is the final boss in SquareSoft's Final Fantasy IX. It is seen at the end of the game after the player defeats the game's main villain Kuja, while he is in Trance form. Judging from Kuja's actions, it claimed that all life desired destruction and was going to grant the villain's wish. In the last battle, however, Necron was overcome by Zidane Tribal and company.

Origins - Necron, himself, is the ultimate eidolion referenced at the wall shrine in Madin Sari. The summoners tribe tried to call into existance an ultimate eidolion that would have no equal, however, they could not control it. Many died, but finally with the help of representatives of all the future civilizations of Gaia the summoners were capable of sealing Necron within the crystal, the source of all life on Gaia. Of course once the crystal is destroyed by Kuja, Necron is released.

Garland was made leader of Terra and the king of Castle Pandemonium when the original inhabitants of Terra went into their 'Deep Sleep'. He is responsible for creating the Genomes, including Kuja. However, Kuja was limited in power and lifespan, so Garland created Zidane Tribal, and Mikoto. Responsible for the destruction of Madain Sari, using the red globe that flashes a mysterious "eye" below the Invincible battleship to attack.

Garland was defeated at Pandemonium by Zidane and his party, only to be confronted by Kuja. Garland was too weak to fight back against the powerful Genome and Kuja threw Garland to his death. However Garland's spirit lived on and assisted the party during their journey through Memoria.

Garland was also the main villain of Final Fantasy I.

What in God's name are you talking about?

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-03-2006, 12:23 PM
(You can tell it's definitely a homage to Zeromus/X-Death/what-have-you.).
I always thought it was more of a reference to the Cloud of Darkness from FFIII than either of those two.

Cloud of Darkness
Darkness of Eternity

See what I'm getting at?

Zeromus_X
07-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Well yeah, any of the old-school bosses would do. Both Necron and CoD were 'forces of nature', so it makes sense.

Chris
07-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Necro is a being of higher existence. Meaning that he stands above both life and death.

Prancing Mad
07-03-2006, 02:56 PM
As I've said before, IMO, FF9 has one of the most important themes of any FF. The entire game is about how one handles ones own mortality. Zidane's carefree and generous way of helping out the lives that need helping shows the importance he places on innocent lives. This rubs off on Vivi who's trying to find out what he thinks of his own mortality. He ends up with the decision of not thinking about when he's going to die, and just make a difference while he can. Kuja decides it's not fair that he dies while everyone else lives (simple logic). Kuja at least had some respect for life, even if he was selfish. Necron is the bitter extreme. He believes that since everything living is simply panting on, suffering, and waiting to die, that by everyone achieving death, the suffering and anxiety that comes along with it will die.

Sir Bahamut
07-03-2006, 03:59 PM
I would reccomend everyone to read the "Plot Analysis" FAQ by Squall of SeeD found here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197338.html

It gives a different interpretation of Necron much more well reasoned than the common explanation of him merely being "Death" or "The Void" or whatever.

boys from the dwarf
07-03-2006, 04:40 PM
i didnt read all of that but its very good. at first i thought that zidane and the rest were dead when he casted ultima. infact i was just about to start a thread about it. that brings up some great points and is well worht reading.

VengefulRonin
07-27-2006, 05:09 AM
ff_sweden said necron was the ultimate summon....anyone ELSE believe that, or know where that idea came from and if it can be confirmed? i'd always heard Necron was just garland's spirit gone psycho. i didnt really see how he fit into the storyline either...my view was that he was just thrown in for the heck of it, and i think Kuja shoulda been the final boss (after all, trance kuja IS harder than necron).

Havent read that plot analysis yet, but i've bookmarked it, it looks very interesting ^_^

Tavrobel
07-28-2006, 04:14 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: whos is necron?
The final boss of FFIX.

where did he come from?
And where is he going?
He appears because Kuja damaged the crystal and is attempting to bring the world back into the nothingness.

why did he show up?
To kill everyone to end all suffering.

what does he have to do with the ff9 story?
He doesn't. He's just there as a Force of Nature (as Zeromus_X mentioned).

what the heck??????
Asshat!

does he have somthing to do with kuja????
He appears because of Kuja's efforts, so yes.

or garland???
No.

:confused: :confused: plzzz help me i dont understand
You aren't supposed to. Like Zeromus and Ex-Death the Tree, you are supposed to be confused by his presence.

...........and where does the crystal come in?
It's mostly a gimmick to tie FFIX to the old school FFs (particularly FFIIIj). However, in the game, the Crystal is the source of all life.

i think if im right eiko and daggers crystals combined to make one crystal and the it summoned the most powerful eldion necron im i right??????:confused: :confused:
Absolutely not.
Alexander is the most powerful summon that is brought together by the four parts of the pendant.
Necron is NOT a summonable in any way shape or form. He exists because there is suffering and hate. Basically, this means that he exists because Christmas and Kyono exist. Give in to the HATE.

Cookie
07-28-2006, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=VengefulRonin]and i think Kuja shoulda been the final boss (after all, trance kuja IS harder than necron).QUOTE]

No he's not- I killed Kuja soooooooooo easily but shamefully i couldn't beat Necron...

Cookie
07-28-2006, 04:28 PM
EDIT: i messed up the quote

Fatal Impurity
07-28-2006, 06:20 PM
i think necron is just one of those "im the REAL bad guy" type scenarios just put in there for token effect and shock factor......just when you think its all over FF has a habit of having the main bad guy coming back from the dead or some other dude just showing up to try to destroy you lol its just there to take the palyer by surprise just like movies do when the hero thinks he's killed the badguy when he hasnt and then the badguy takes his chance and trys to shoot the hero in the back....its purely a suspense and surprise device of directors thats meant to give one last thrill before they lay the game/film to rest......:D :)

jaxun
07-28-2006, 09:43 PM
I thought ozma was the most powerful eidolon!!!

VengefulRonin
07-30-2006, 03:09 AM
He is, you just cant summon him.

And i'm glad to know that i was right when i decided Necron had nothing to do with the story.

Meh...and i still think trance Kuja was harder, for me anyway.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-30-2006, 06:37 PM
I certainly did not understand where he came from and to be honest I couldn't care less. The plot was boring me. When the game gets technical and starts introducing terms like 'genome' or 'crystal' I tend to lose interest and begin hammering the X button to get to the point where I can begin playing the game again.
Having said that my theory is he just came out of nowhere after the Kuja fight. I don't know, Kuja may have summoned him after casting ultima?

Quindiana Jones
07-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Awww....

Rengori
07-31-2006, 03:27 AM
No he's not- I killed Kuja soooooooooo easily but shamefully i couldn't beat Necron...
Yeah, Kuja's not too much of a challenge. Necron though will make you want to kill your PlayStation.

bdon333
07-31-2006, 04:37 AM
its sad if any of u actually think trance kuja or necron was hard...they were nothing...ozma is a hell of alot harder...if u think trance kuja or necron was hard then u musnt have beaten ozma yet

Rengori
07-31-2006, 05:02 AM
its sad if any of u actually think trance kuja or necron was hard...they were nothing...ozma is a hell of alot harder...if u think trance kuja or necron was hard then u musnt have beaten ozma yet
Obviously to think Necron was easy you either overleveled or got extremely good luck with Grand Cross. Though I won't deny Ozma is probably a hell of a lot harder/

VengefulRonin
07-31-2006, 08:05 AM
Never fought Ozma. i was too lazy to do all the sidequests to find him, may try it on my new file though...and Necron IS easy if you level enough and have protection against status ailments...

The Crystal
08-08-2006, 04:15 AM
What is Necron?
Garland explain to us, what he is. When Zidane is talking with him in Pandemonium, Garland said that the principal part of the Lifa Tree was not located in the physical world. That obviously mean, that the energy source of the tree was in the spiritual world.
When Kuja used his Ultima in the Crystal World, the heros died. Then, in the world of the deads(spiritual world) they fight the energy source of the Lifa Tree(Necron). This is why, when Necron is destroyed, the Lifa Tree die. And if you see Necron's face, you will see that he have the same face, that that faces in the wall of that temple that you fighted Ark(the faces talked with you). They were created by Terrans, exactly like Necron.

Zeromus_X
08-08-2006, 04:33 AM
*Iifa Tree

Necron does not have a back story. Why do people feel the need to explain things that aren't supposed to be explained? It's a fantasy RPG, they can have a little lee-way.

Now,

*repeats what was already said before, in the thread*

The_Silver_SOLDIER
08-08-2006, 04:56 PM
I have been finding Necron hard to beat, i beat Trance Kuja very easily then Necron destroys me. I have beat Necron many times before though on previous saves, but this time seems a lot harder, any suggestions on why!?

Goldenboko
08-08-2006, 05:02 PM
I actually agree that all evidence seems to point that he is the core part of the Iifa tree stopping the sorting of souls. Thats why when Kuja kills you appear before Necron, because the transfer of souls has been stopped by Necron. It also does explain why the Iifa tree dies, you can't live without your heart right? It would also explain the moans in the background of the Hill of Dispair, those are other souls that haven't returned to Gaia.

Look at their theories of pain, life and death.

Garland
(In Pandemonium on Terra.)
"But think for a moment... Isn't life death itself? It must kill other
life-forms to survive..."
"Sometimes it even kills those with whom is shares blood..."
"To live is to give life meaning, yet one must take others' lives to
survive..."
"A mature civilization becomes aware of this paradox..."
"Terra's souls will sleep until they forget such nonsense. They will begin a new life in a new dimension."
"It's a world in which life and death become one..."
"That is the dimension in which we are meant to live, as beings that
transcend life and death!"

Necron:

(Above the Hill of Despair.)
"All life bears death from birth."
"Life fears death, but lives only to die."
"It starts with anxiety."
"Anxiety becomes fear."
"Fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate... hate leads to suffering..."
"The only cure for this fear is total destruction."

"...Now, the theory is undeniable."
"Kuja's action proves it. All things live to perish."
"At last, life has uncovered this truth. Now, it is time to end this world."

"I exist for one purpose..."
"To return everything back to the zero world, where there is no life and no crystal to give life."- That line also proves Kuja didn't destroy the crystal, that was Necron's job.
"In a world of nothing, fear does not exist. This is the world that all life
desires."

But here if you need some more facts to look at...
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_ix_plot.txt

The Crystal
08-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Zeromus_X said:
"*Iifa Tree
Necron does not have a back story. Why do people feel the need to explain things that aren't supposed to be explained? It's a fantasy RPG, they can have a little lee-way.
Now,
*repeats what was already said before, in the thread*"

In my opinion, everyone that say something like this, is trying to bash the game. People analyse things that don't have explanations, in FFVII and FFVIII, but when they are talking about FFIX, instead of trying to analyse the game(and find some answers to the mysteries), they just say "this is just a plot hole", just because they don't like the game, and try to make the game seem to be crap.
Of course that i can be wrong about you Zeromus_X, but this is the impression that i feel, when someone talk like this about the game.
And about Necron, me and Goldenboco already give the most logical explanation about his existence.

Goldenboko
08-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I have to agree with The Crystal look how few people said that this was just another plot hole.
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=62888

'Gilgamesh'
08-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Put simply Necron is the true form of the Lifa Tree.

Zeromus_X
08-09-2006, 12:52 AM
Zeromus_X said:
"*Iifa Tree
Now,
*repeats what was already said before, in the thread*"

In my opinion, everyone that say something like this, is trying to bash the game. People analyse things that don't have explanations, in FFVII and FFVIII, but when they are talking about FFIX, instead of trying to analyse the game(and find some answers to the mysteries), they just say "this is just a plot hole", just because they don't like the game, and try to make the game seem to be crap.
Of course that i can be wrong about you Zeromus_X, but this is the impression that i feel, when someone talk like this about the game.
And about Necron, me and Goldenboco already give the most logical explanation about his existence.

Trust me, I'm not bashing the game. Nor do I think it's a plot hole, I wouldn't see why Deus ex Machina are all plot holes as then you'd have a great chunk of the series that would have 'plot holes'.

Well, to be perfectly honest, FFIX doesn't really require much thought to figure it out. FFVII and VIII were always ambiguous and had lots of symbolism and what-not (and many things answered in the Ultimania guides), but FFIX was pretty straight forward. Seeing as how FFIX is a tribute to the series, it isn't so hard to accept that Necron is just a Deus ex Machina final boss that the creators put in for kicks (see: Cloud of Darkness, Zeromus, X-Death). I'm not really a fan of over-analyzing games, since most information can be taken from the game or from Squre's nifty official guide books. But, to each their own.

Put simply Necron is the true form of the Lifa Tree.

It might be hard to see, but it's really a capitalized 'I'. (FFIX's font doesn't help this much.) It's really Iifa Tree. 'Lifa Tree' would've made the 'Tree of Life' symbolism a bit more obvious though.

VengefulRonin
08-09-2006, 02:48 AM
So Necron's the Iifa Tree? Havent heard that theory before...but it makes the most out of any i've seen.

As for what Zeromus said about IX being straightforward and not needing much thinking....well, for the most part, i'd have to agree. However, there are questions that involve thinking, such as the ones about Vivi, Kuja, Quina, and Necron.

Also....i agree with Zeromus about the name of the Iifa Tree, it has a stupid spelling. The "Lifa" Tree woulda made alot more sense, and for the first couple files i really did think that's what it was...

Terror of Zanarkand
08-09-2006, 09:53 AM
Necron was also a boss in FinalFantasy IV the part did not succeed in killing him so gilgamesh (before they turned him into a guardian force) came into the battle and complained about how the group left him in the darkness he then sacrifices himself to kill Necron and save the party and somehow returns for FFVIII

Terror of Zanarkand
08-09-2006, 09:54 AM
oops i ment FFV

Terror of Zanarkand
08-09-2006, 10:00 AM
in FFI Kuja was a toy doll that some brat was bragging about owning
and also in FFI garland was the first and the last boss... he was a black knight who kidnapped the princess to the chaos shrine

other refrences

chaos shrine- FFI go there to fight lich and garland

wind shrine-FFI go there to fight Tiamat

fire shrine- go there to fight Maliris

water shrine- FFI go there to fight Kraken.

basically FFIX has a bit of every finalfantasy in it whether it be character ability music or name of town or item or boss ^.^

Zeromus_X
08-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Necrophobia and Necron are only even remotely related by having a similar name. Necron's name in the Japanese version is 'Darkness of Eternity', so that doesn't stick even further. :cat:

And yes, FFIX is cool like that. :cat:

Goldenboko
08-09-2006, 03:30 PM
I know that it is a tribute but that doesn't mean it can't have a place in the story all the other tributes did.

Ozmoid
08-09-2006, 06:12 PM
I have my own theory, which ties into the fangame i'm making(see the sig?)
Necron is actually Gaia's equivalent of the Devil. He is what transformed Garland into Chaos in ff1(by the way, they do talk about him trying to take gaia by force in the past, alluding to the cycle of wrath) I doubt he is the eidolon reffered to on the wall, but he may be an eidolon of some description. The idea of him being sealed in the iifa crystal is probably wrong. When Kuja broke it, life just stop happening, and everyone was transported to hell, the Zero World. By destroying Necron, there was nowhere for dead people to go, so they were emptied back into gaia. I have very little evidence to support this theory, but i think it's interesting...

The Crystal
08-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Another thing that i remember now, and that make the final battle with Necron have more sense in the story, is that before you fight against Trance Kuja, he said something like "The process of assimilation between Gaia and Terra is already begun, and now, even me cannot do nothing to stop it". This is why, after the heros deffeat Kuja, they have to deffeat Necron.

'Gilgamesh'
08-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Iifa Tree eh, and I thought I knew all there was to know in the game lol.

I'll back up my Necron theory a bit.
As I said I think Necron is the Iifa Tree. It is the mechanism that interferred with the cycle of souls.
Certain things Garland says backs this theory as well:

"The role of the Iifa Tree is that of Soul Divider. The Mist you see comprises the stagnant souls of Gaia.
" All you saw was the back of the tree.....Even now the Iifa tree blocks the flow of Gaia's souls, while it lets those of Terra flow freely. Come and see for yourself. See the true form of the planet.

" To prevent the cycle of judgement of souls on Gaia from inside the planet. Such is the Iifa tree's true purpose, it's true form. All you saw was it's material form. The flow of Gaia's souls can not be changed simply by stopping the disposal of the mist"

I believe when Kuja cats Ultima the party practically dies which is why they come face to face with Necron the interferrer of the cycle of souls. The Iifa tree.

Material form Iifa tree.
Inside or its true form, the non material form, Necron.

</pre>

Goldenboko
08-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Ozmoid I don't want to shoot you down... but your theory kind of comes from no where.
First off it never showed Kuja breaking the Crystal many people just assume he did. And even if Kuja did break the Crystal all life wouldn't die, there would just be no new life (see bolded quote)

Necron
"I exist for one purpose..."
"To return everything back to the zero world, where there is no life and no crystal to give life."

Also if you notice it says to return everything to the zero world, Kuja didn't destroy all life, that's Necron's job. 'Gilgamesh' you are correct, and for a more full plot anlysis of Necron I fully recommend reading this.
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_ix_plot.txt

Zeromus_X
08-10-2006, 02:52 AM
Yes, it (or he...well,), Necron, wants to destroy everything. Like a great majority of many other FF Final Bosses. Gotta love that nihilism.

Really, it's great to make up these theories, but there just isn't a way to prove that Necron is really anything more than something to move the plot along. This is intentional. You aren't supposed to know what he is. He's just a Deus ex Machina final boss, as is prominent in several games in the series. And, well, he looks pretty neat.

The Crystal
08-10-2006, 03:10 AM
Zeromus_ X said:
"Really, it's great to make up these theories, but there just isn't a way to prove that Necron is really anything more than something to move the plot along."

Dude, we are using dialogues of the game to prove it. And i will try to find a picture of the faces in Oilvert and Necron's face, to show to you guys.

Edit:
Faces in Oilvert: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/TerranFaces.jpg
Necron's face: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/NecronsFace.jpg

Zeromus_X
08-10-2006, 03:21 AM
Um..what? I'm sure those faces were used for aesthetics, to make Oeilvert seem more mysterious and haunting and what-not. But, I could be wrong.

Edit: If this plot analysis is actually worth reading, then I'll give it a shot. But Gamefaqs doesn't allow hotlinking, so...*looks for it on FFIX section*

Terror of Zanarkand
08-10-2006, 09:25 AM
who cares about necron he was a push over...Ozma on the other hand...

Lilliputian Hitcher
08-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Um..what? I'm sure those faces were used for aesthetics, to make Oeilvert seem more mysterious and haunting and what-not. But, I could be wrong.

Edit: If this plot analysis is actually worth reading, then I'll give it a shot. But Gamefaqs doesn't allow hotlinking, so...*looks for it on FFIX section*
Funnily enough, Squall of Seed's Necron explanation is probably the most convincing FF theory I've ever read. This is mainly due to the fact that it's the only real explanation for why the Iifa Tree just decides to up and die at the end...

Ozmoid
08-10-2006, 07:32 PM
MAybe Necron was some sort of Terran? Garland may not have created him, just placed him there. That would explain why the faces in oeilvert match his face