PDA

View Full Version : What Names Do You Use And/OR Think Of As Official?

Velocity Eleven
07-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Personally, I like to use thier original names such as Lionheart, Minh, Layla, Richard, simply because they are the "original" names and therefore the real ones. Names like Mindu and Gus just seem to be fake. However in other FF games that have been released on the PSX from 4 onwards, I use those names like Kain, Edward, Bartz, Reina, Krile, Sabin. I don't count the PSX versions of FF1 and 2 in this because they are simply remakes with "better" graphics. Also in FF3 I like to use thier DS names (as they are the only names they are given) and I use them in the NES ROM (as I like things to be "official"). "Frioniel" and "Lionheart" are names too big to fit in the 6-letter space so i dunno what I'd do here for the ROM (which I havn't started yet). I also think "Lionheart" is a pretty bad name, I could say that "Leon" is his birth name and "Lionheart" is his nickname. What do you guys think?

Reine
07-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Firion and Leon sound way better than Frioniel and Lionheart

I thought Gareth was odd, but Ricard sounds so much better than Richard.

Also, Gus sounds better than Guy to me.

Leila looks better than Layla. Its all a matter of refining their names to me. The PSX and GBA names are more official than the japanese versions, as they were the first released here. I tend to prefer the DoS names, with the exception of Guy. I just rename the four mains anyway.

Velocity Eleven
07-01-2006, 12:27 PM
I don't think of them as official, i think they are just remakes, as the graphics are "better" and I mean that they've chaged them, it doesn't seem to flow as well in terms of the series with "better" graphics

Sefie1999AD
07-01-2006, 12:34 PM
You can't really change the NPC names, but I was annoyed of Firion, Gus and Leon, so I renamed them to Frionl, Guy and Lnhart (since I couldn't make Frioniel and Leonhart fit). However, I think Richard >> Gareth.

Velocity Eleven
07-01-2006, 12:52 PM
yeh, Ive completed the PSX version, but not the NES ROM version, which I will do the same as you

DarkLadyNyara
07-02-2006, 07:33 AM
I prefer the DoS names. Fironel isn't too bad, and Layla/Leila is mainly spelling, but Leonheart...no. Just, no. And yeah, Guy, Ricard, and Paul sound better to me.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-02-2006, 01:47 PM
Frioniel
Maria
Guy
Lionheart
Ming Wu
Josef
Gordon
Layla
Richard
Scott

Zeromus_X
07-02-2006, 01:53 PM
^ Pretty much.

Velocity Eleven
07-02-2006, 02:51 PM
I prefer the DoS names. Fironel isn't too bad, and Layla/Leila is mainly spelling, but Leonheart...no. Just, no. And yeah, Guy, Ricard, and Paul sound better to me.

yeh Lionheart is far worse than Leon, but I've always considered Lionheart asa nickname

feioncastor
07-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Is Gareth/Richard the dragoon guy from Deist?

The names I use are:

Firion
Maria
Gus
Leon

And you can't control the other names like Minh/Mindu or Josef, I don't think.

DarkLadyNyara
07-03-2006, 07:27 AM
Is Gareth/Richard the dragoon guy from Deist?
Yup. Gareth in the original, Ricard in DoS.

Velocity Eleven
07-03-2006, 03:53 PM
no, Gareth was in origins, the original was Richard on the NES version. Look on the Jade Portal site if you can find it

Crossblades
07-03-2006, 03:57 PM

Peter_20
07-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Firion > Frioniel
Gus > Guy
Leon > Lionheart
Mindu > Minh
Layla > Leila
Paul > Pavel

Altair > Altea
Bofsk > Bafsk
Fynn > Phin
Kas'ion > Kashuon

DarkLadyNyara
07-04-2006, 08:15 AM
no, Gareth was in origins, the original was Richard on the NES version. Look on the Jade Portal site if you can find it
Ah, sorry. I haven't played the origional, just the other two.

rubah
07-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Anyone that refuses Layla deserves to be shot by eric clapton >:(