PDA

View Full Version : Why Is This Game So Hard?

Velocity Eleven
07-01-2006, 12:38 PM
ok, so I'm using NEStron, and the turbo button is a great help. Thing is, without the turbo button, it must be so so so hard, why?

Captain Maxx Power
07-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Turbo button? This is Final Fantasy, not Double Dragon. How does a turbo button help?

Velocity Eleven
07-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Turbo button on the emulator, it makes everything go at about x10 speed, meaning that battles seem to be about 1 second long

Captain Maxx Power
07-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I gets yet now.

Yeah the turbo button does help, but it tends to cut down the actual playing time of a game severely. Of course this allows you to get through games much more quickly than you would playing them traditionally. For me it can be a double-edged sword, since the faster I play them on emu, when I come to play them on a console they seem extremely sluggish by comparison.

Zeromus_X
07-02-2006, 01:44 AM
What part are you on? We can help more if you told us that.

And yeah, 'turbo-attacking' can't help you in every battle.

Sefie1999AD
07-02-2006, 01:23 PM
I thought FF3j's battles were fast enough even without the turbo button, so I didn't use it. I did use it in FF2 NES's battles since they were very slow, especially if you use a spell to target all 4 characters or 8 enemies (hits them one by one, then shows a damage box and disintegrates the target if it was killed). I don't see how the turbo button would make FF3j any easier, though, since the battles are turn-based, not ATB. It only makes them go faster.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Faster battles means faster leveling. Why bother turning everyone into Dragon Knights in order to beat Garuda when you can just zap yourself to Level 30 and pulverize him with brute force?

Velocity Eleven
07-02-2006, 02:53 PM
yeh, just faster leveling, I find that if you don't use it then you need to level your characters for ages

silentenigma
07-02-2006, 04:52 PM
even with turbo-speed the game is difficult. I don't like how they make you change to a certain class and sometimes make you get a certain sword just to go through a verrrry long dungeon with no save points. thank you to gamefaqs.com.

Hayabusa
07-10-2006, 01:59 PM
That's lame...just play the game....the remakes have turbo run - It's almost cheating. It's not THAT hard - you just need to spend time on it.

Crossblades
07-10-2006, 04:27 PM
I didn't find FF III hard at all. You just need to spend time leveling up

Moon Rabbits
07-10-2006, 05:11 PM
I had more trouble with IV ._.

Captain Maxx Power
07-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Faster battles means faster leveling. Why bother turning everyone into Dragon Knights in order to beat Garuda when you can just zap yourself to Level 30 and pulverize him with brute force?

I actually did take on Garuda with Dragoon Knights. While I do use turbo to speed things up, I rarely use it to power level unless it's somewhat necessary (Dragon Quest I is just painful unless it's sped up...severely).

Zeromus_X
07-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Hah, try DQII. I still cringe thinking of the hours I spend finding that damn Thunder Sword.

Anyway, I think FFIII really isn't too difficult if you know what to do, and what jobs to use. With that, and proper equipment, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

I will say that it will be one of the hardest FFs to someone if you don't know what to do. (Giant Rat, Splitting Cave, Garuda, etc.)

Lexy
07-12-2006, 07:36 AM
Turbo button? This is Final Fantasy, not Double Dragon. How does a turbo button help?

XD

I don't even know what a turbo button is, but I never thought this game was slow/hard- slowhard.

Sefie1999AD
07-12-2006, 09:02 AM
I will say that it will be one of the hardest FFs to someone if you don't know what to do. (Giant Rat, Splitting Cave, Garuda, etc.)

Hyne's another boss where you need to know what you're doing. The dungeon before the boss battle is already quite tough, and he's not exactly easy, either.

Hayabusa
07-12-2006, 07:37 PM
I was so buff I just beat the crap out of Hynn, I didn't need to know his weakness - It's Final Fantasy, Spend some time, there is no easy way to kill EVERYONE. You must train.

Jay-Z
08-27-2006, 12:16 PM
don't really know where else i could have put this...

two tips for the cave of darkness

1) the most famous: m.knight with black sword
2) my own tip: the blind spell works pretty well on these /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifing green and red monsters. they barely touch you when they got it.

it makes this part of game veeeery easy ;)

SpikingZero
08-29-2006, 04:14 AM
Hooray for pre-16 bit gen with no save points! =D

KoShiatar
08-29-2006, 08:15 PM

Because I would feel like cheating...well, kind of... >_>