PDA

View Full Version : The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Mo-Nercy
07-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Best Fast and Furious movie to date. The drifting is awesome and parts of it are actually realistic! Then there's the drifting up the spiral bit in the parking lot which is psycho in an AWD EvoVIII, but at least they make it look awesome.

The DK's crash at the end in the 350Z looks like it was ripped off from Initial D but again, it was very nice to see the race end like that. The inclusion of American muscle at the end was predictable but very cool though it detracts from the whole JDM drifter persona that I would have thought this movie was aiming for.

I'm going to watch it again on Sunday :love:

~SapphireStar~
07-01-2006, 06:51 PM
My die hard Fast and Furious fanboy cousin has seen it and said he was very dissapointed in it. I personally thought he would have loved it, but he said they should have left the films well alone after the badness of F&F2.

I personally wont go see it cause these films dont interest me in the slightest.

Drift
07-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Good film, good cars, good tunes

Outer Heaven
07-01-2006, 10:03 PM
I still think that Jackie Chan's Thunderbolt was way better then F&F-all of 'em!:)

NorthernChaosGod
07-01-2006, 11:08 PM
I saw it, it was an alrite movie. I think the first one was the best though. And the inclusion of "American Muscle" at the end I thought was stupid. If they had been able to use a real muscle engine, there wouldn't have been any contest.

Miriel
07-01-2006, 11:16 PM
My brother and my cousin were extras during some of the underground garage scenes. :D

Their cars were used as "extras" too, but I don't think they show up during the movie. My brother who is all into cars and stuff says that a good chunk of the movie was very unrealistic of the actual racing/drifting scene.

Mo-Nercy
07-03-2006, 03:36 AM
My die hard Fast and Furious fanboy cousin has seen it and said he was very dissapointed in it. I personally thought he would have loved it, but he said they should have left the films well alone after the badness of F&F2.
Maybe it's just because I find drift motorsport much more interesting than the quarter mile drag. But I don't know anyone that's into the modified cars scene that DOESN'T have the hots for drift. It's the latest craze. Your fanboy cousin is either just a car fan that doesn't really follow the trends or Japanese (because they've been drifting for decades)

If they had been able to use a real muscle engine, there wouldn't have been any contest.
"Real muscle engines" can't handle touge (Japanese mountain drifting). The hairpins are too tight and doesn't suit their ideal revving range. If they had been drifting around on a nice wide racing circuit, then it might've had a chance, though it'd need to be a very very slight curve done at very very high speed.

Resha
07-03-2006, 04:59 PM
I saw it today! Didn't see either of the other two F&Fs, but this one sure was awesome. :p I don't care if the drifting was unrealistic or not -- it was just pretty thrilling and it kept me at the edge of my seat. A good movie; sexy sexy oh so sexy cars :( god I want one of those.

Eiko Guy
07-04-2006, 12:25 AM
when sora is in lion form and dashes he drifts like a pro

Craig
07-04-2006, 02:36 AM
I saw this the other day. I liked it, best one yet. I thought it was funny how they just went out of their way drift around every corner though.