PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for laughing at this.

Dreddz
07-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Link. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OXlKCTn2_0&search=wow%20funeral)

Story is that a funeral was being held on WOW for a person who died in real life. The funeral was ambushed by some other WOW players. People take WOW way too seriously in my opinion.
All can I say is that I wish I was there.

Clips pretty old now.

drunkymonkey
07-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Link. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OXlKCTn2_0&search=wow%20funeral)

Story is that a funeral was being held on WOW for a person who died in real life. The funeral was ambushed by some other WOW players. People take WOW way too seriously in my opinion.
All can I say is that I wish I was there.

Clips pretty old now.It's not about taking WoW seriously at all. It's about taking in-game friendships seriously. And I don't see anything wrong with being serious about the people who you quest with, and the people you get to know in the game. It seems emotionless and needlessly cynical to say 'it's only a game' because it's like saying 'it's only a life.'

I get a feeling this is going to turn into another 'WoW hate threads.'

KentaRawr!
07-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Lower than the lowest, badder than the baddest, and eviler than the evilest.

As a commenter on Youtube said, "They shouldn't have held it on a PvP server.".

drunkymonkey
07-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Lower than the lowest, badder than the baddest, and eviler than the evilest.

As a commenter on Youtube said, "They shouldn't have held it on a PvP server.".
Indeed. That is my one criticism.

~SapphireStar~
07-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Yeah seen that a few months ago. You cant help but laugh cause its using Scatman as its battle song. I love this video, it was really well done. All the alliance meeting up to go to battle, really well planned out.
What makes me laugh is people get annyoyed at the alliance for trashing the funeral. It was obivously a planned battle as the horde was filiming it also.

Makes me smile everytime :D

NorthernChaosGod
07-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Haha, I laughed so hard the first time I had seen this I literally fell out of my chair.

They were just asking for trouble having it on a PvP server and announcing that they didn't want anyone messing it up. It's a game, not real life.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-02-2006, 07:13 AM
I did laugh at all the stupid Engrish at the beginning, but I do believe it's stupid that they held the funeral on a PvP area. Then again, if it's obvious what they're doing, most sensible people would seek a kill elsewhere.

I remember something similar happening when a famous player on RuneScape died. There was a funeral, but it didn't get ambushed this time.

BakerMan
07-02-2006, 09:57 AM
Yeah that made me laugh. Its really funny, a Pvp server, lmao.

Sylvie
07-02-2006, 10:00 AM
XD

Okay, yeah. This is hilarious.

drunkymonkey
07-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah seen that a few months ago. You cant help but laugh cause its using Scatman as its battle song. I love this video, it was really well done. All the alliance meeting up to go to battle, really well planned out.
What makes me laugh is people get annyoyed at the alliance for trashing the funeral. It was obivously a planned battle as the horde was filiming it also.

Makes me smile everytime :DPerhaps they were filming it for memory?

~SapphireStar~
07-02-2006, 12:28 PM
What? I wasnt on about the reason why it was filmed, I was saying that people are going crazy at the alliance for ruining the funeral when obiviously a member of the horde was in on it as well as he was fimling the funeral before the alliance arrived. Even if it was filmed for memory, the alliance filmer would have had to known the horder filmer in order to get the footage. So people should go crazy at both parties, not just the alliance.

Dreddz
07-02-2006, 12:55 PM
I reckon it could be staged.