PDA

View Full Version : Like anime? Like Elvis? Enter...

Roto13
07-02-2006, 03:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ_Qf0uGjDw

Actual topic: AMVs.

I hate most of them, really. They're generally pretty uninspired, but every now and then there might be a half-decent one.

Zeromus_X
07-02-2006, 04:10 AM
Some of 'em are okay. Not...horrible. Not...fantastic. Meh. I don't like when the scenes don't match the flow of the music, but I'd suppose that's hard to do properly.

Edit: Damn that's awesome. xD

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-02-2006, 04:16 AM
A few amazingly good AMVs that I've seen are the Slayers Cabaret by Rtrbrtr Productions and just about anything done by Suberunker Studeo.

And for amusement factor I'm too Sessy and The Cute Things (that kill) are good as well. But most AMVs are generally somewhere in the range of decent to amusingly bad/tacky.

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-02-2006, 06:09 AM
Actual topic: AMVs.

I hate most of them, really. They're generally pretty uninspired, but every now and then there might be a half-decent one.
Kind of like Anime itself.

Shlup
07-02-2006, 06:34 AM
That's how I feel about them too. The one you posted was great though.

NeoCracker
07-02-2006, 07:51 AM
SOme of them rock, though due to the large number there are many horrible ones out there.

There is an awsome one of Cowboy Bepob to Feel Good Inc by Gorrilaz. Also ones to 19/2000 soulchild mix, one to 99 red baloons, and a bohemian rhapsody one.

Then there are the AMV Hells, number three was one hour, six minutes, and most of it was genius, especially the Fusion of Titanic and the End of Evangelion.

Though then there is the atrocity of every one to a LostProphets song I've heard. I love Lost Prophets, but I've never seen a really good video to their songs.

Tasura
07-02-2006, 09:20 AM
this si a really good AMV, it won best in 2001 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSNTyEaqQx0&search=Odorikuruu%20Mamboleo

starseeker
07-02-2006, 10:13 AM
I make final fantasy and kingdom hearts AMVs for fun. I have all 28 linked in my sig, of varying quality. I know they're not technically AMVs but I still like them. This is my favourite (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm9-jxRFncw) that I've seen. (not mine)

~SapphireStar~
07-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Best Anime Video EVER! I love anime and that is one of my fav Elvis tracks. That was very, very well done. Hat goes off to the guy who made it. Although looking at the bird from Escaflowne bugged me after a while.

I dont usually watch anime videos as I usually cringe at what people have done with them.

Captain Maxx Power
07-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I wanted an anime Elvis. You have dissapointed me greatly. Forshame.

~SapphireStar~
07-02-2006, 01:14 PM
I wanted an anime Elvis.
Same here, but I liked what I saw :D

Slade
07-03-2006, 02:31 AM
Hehe that was cool. I wonder why FFVIII was in there.....I didn't think that was classed as an anime :confused:

Roto13
07-03-2006, 03:18 AM
It's not, but the actual actions of the characters fit well. (Ignoring the fact that they're 3D...)