PDA

View Full Version : Hipocrisy!

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-02-2006, 04:45 AM
Recently a certain emo emoticon was given the old Hiroshima, for the reason that it's not appropriate advocating sucide and such. That's fine. But what of these other scandelous emoticons we have running around the boards? What of the violence and unmoral messages they broadcast? Let's take a look at them, shall we?

:beer: Alcoholism. On this so-called family forum, is social drinking portrayed as a good thing something we really want to teach our children? Look at those smiling faces. Drunk and happy. What's Junior going to think when he sees this? I'll tell you what he's going to think. "It's Miller Time"

:confused: Ignorance. Here we see a perplexed face who doesn't look as if he even knows what day it is. Stupidity is already a growing epidemic what with reality television, NASCAR and creationism running rampant. We don't need to let children know this behavior is acceptable. I move for a smilie with books and exclamation points above his head.

:kiss: Harrassment. I don't remember anywhere in this emoticon seeing the words "Yes, you may kiss me." The one smilie just up and lays a fat one on the other, causing the other to cry out in anguish.

:smash: Blunt force trauma. We see it all the time on CSI. Some poor soul gets whacked on the noggin, sending him or her to the morgue. Place any other smilie below this one and that's exactly what we have here. Remember that empisode of The Simpsons when Maggie decided it would be fun to drop heavy power tools on the head of Homer after seeing the same thing happen on an episode of Itchy and Scratchy? Well I'm afraid that the use of this smilie is positively ASKING for the same event to be repeated.

:twak: Again we see the same situation as above plaed out, except this time, there is a victim INCLUDED in the emoticon. He is obviously displeased with the stick, yet he is powerless to stop the action as he has no limbs. So we're basically saying that beating amputees with sticks is alright? I don't think so.

:trout: Now we're beating people with fish. Absolutly not. Do you what kind of diseases can be spread this way? Are we really that barbaric that we use dead animals to attack others?

:fencing: Same as above, this time with sharp objects. Whos going to be responsible when two youths, inspired by this emoticon, skewer each other with foils they found in grandpa's attic? Not me, that's for sure.

:strut: Cross dressing. Here we have a character wearing tennis shoes, sunglasses and lipstick. No way, Jose. I don't want my strong, manly son being persuaded into thinking that acting that a fruitpie is going to get him places in life. Get outta town.

:tied: Self mutilation. Horrible.

:barf: Yes, lets vomit on the floor and and look as if we didn't do it. We have to teach our kids to be responsible enough to clean up after themselves, no matter how disgusting it may be.

:pimp: Pet abuse. Under no circumstances is it okay to get your cat high. I'm sure PETA would like to have some words with the creator of this emoticon.

:foot: I don't many parents would hold foot fetishes to be very acceptable for children.

:shoot: Violence with guns. Are you kidding me? And not only is this smilie ruthlessly gunning down unseen masses, BUT HE'S GRINNING WHILE HE DOES IT. THere is no remorse here! We are turning the children of this board into cold, emotionless killers! I demand changes!

:monster2: Gluttony. Obesity is already a major problem, especially in these here United States. If we continue to teach our children that stuffing our faces with cookies is okay, we're never going to solve anything. Perhaps Cookie Monster could eat celery sticks instead?

:simon: This is no way to go through life. Come on, now. Pick yourself off and get a goddamn job.

:yamete: Disgusting.

I would expect that changes are going to be made soon, and I am hopeful that they will be for the better, in order to protect our children. I do not want to see any more of these travesties on my message board. Thank you.

:goomba:

mooglebunni608
07-02-2006, 04:50 AM
Okay. Thats wonderful. But what about the Kaos?:kaofight:

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-02-2006, 04:52 AM
Oh my. I missed that one. Despicable. Total hate crime. I mean look at it. White guy beating on the black guy. I thought racism went out in the 60s? Why don't we just rename the forum Eyes on KKK?

Meat Puppet
07-02-2006, 04:53 AM
Oh my. I missed that one. Despicable. Total hate crime. I mean look at it. White guy beating on the black guy.

:kaofight2:

Still, :kaofight: was around for a while before the colors were switched.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/liamd/cvntali2.gif

ZeZipster
07-02-2006, 05:02 AM
Not to mention the usually obscene Ads by google including such advertisements as "Adult Furry Customes!" and "RSL PRON".

Jojee
07-02-2006, 05:06 AM
:tumble: desolation
:cool: arrogance
:D obviously has something to hide
:rolleyes2 not cool to make fun of others
:mad2: :mad: anger management
:cry: emo
:eep: emo apathetic
:choc2: what is that chocobo doing
:clone: cloning is a sensitive issue
:quina: freak
:hyper: ADD
:jokey: unacceptable
:drool: disgusting
:hourglas: exchange of bodily fluids??
:shifty: paranoia
:mwahaha: evilness
:holmes: smoking
:aimkiss: promiscuity
:-$ greed

And I'm too lazy to go on. The point is... <s>delete all smileys!!</S> What am I saying, bask in the corruption <33 ^_^

Shiny
07-02-2006, 05:16 AM
I shall continue then.

:love: Fanboy/girl

:spin: :roll: Uncontrollable rolling

:excited: ...Masturbation?

:yuck: Constipation

:bigbiggri Compensating for something

:minicid: Cid's head...no one wants to see that without a body.

:mwahaha: World domination

:goomba: Poop with feet.

:kaoangry: Over agressiveness

:hot: Pyro-ism

Why should we promote such things?!:choc:

fantasyjunkie
07-02-2006, 05:26 AM
lol

Shlup
07-02-2006, 05:39 AM
This thread is for douchebags.

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-02-2006, 05:53 AM
Well, thanks for posting.

Shlup
07-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Just wanted to be sure you knew.

NorthernChaosGod
07-02-2006, 08:52 AM
Haha, that was hilarious. Thanks. :D

Zeromus_X
07-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Kitty? :cat: :love: :confused:

Sylvie
07-02-2006, 10:18 AM
:whoa: Woah, I just saw a naked woman.

:foot: Drinking urine is not sanitary.

:barf:He decided to barf all over this post... bastard.

:hyper: "Mommy! I decided to drink 4 cans of Jolt!" How healthy.

:drool: He was just looking at that girl. And thinking of his sick sick fantasies.

:jokey: Woo hoo, baby.

:tonberry: Is that a knife I see!? This is encouraging children to use knives. That is not cool man, not cool.

Captain Maxx Power
07-02-2006, 12:50 PM

Moon Rabbits
07-02-2006, 12:52 PM
I just realized how much I miss the emo emoticon already.

Spiffing Cheese
07-02-2006, 01:51 PM
xDDD :heart:

Iceglow
07-02-2006, 02:00 PM
ROFL :cool:

~SapphireStar~
07-02-2006, 02:12 PM
I feel more educated with smileys now just from reading this thread.
Happy days.

CaZ!
07-02-2006, 02:29 PM
exactly my oponion

Resha
07-02-2006, 02:55 PM
You're right, Spaceman Spiff. Those smilies are like the STIs of emo. :(

Delete every smiley but :( -- he's too beautiful and pure!

DK
07-02-2006, 03:31 PM
"douchebag" is probably the worst insult ever. It makes the people who use it sound more annoying than the people they're levelling it at.

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-02-2006, 03:37 PM
Mmhmm. Leave it to Shlup to inject some classiness into the thread.

And what's so bad about this that we have to go around insulting me so?
It makes me sad.

Levian
07-02-2006, 03:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/levia/flower.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/levia/shoat.gif

Add these smilies imho

No.78
07-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Well I think the solutio- BAN ALL EMOTICONS!!!

No...

BAN THE INTERNET!!

No better yet... BAN EVERYTHING!!!

CaZ!
07-02-2006, 04:49 PM
"douchebag" is probably the worst insult ever. It makes the people who use it sound more annoying than the people they're levelling it at.
Hmm do you know whats worse than bad insults. Someone who makes fun of bad insults instead of coming up with something origional themselves

DK
07-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Like who, exactly?

Craig
07-02-2006, 06:27 PM
What does the emo smiley look like?

DK
07-02-2006, 06:28 PM
http://forums.ffinsider.net/images/smilies/emo.gif

Jojee
07-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Guys... :nibbles: and :love: okay? ;)
that's... hamsters and love ;o cos' I couldn't find a peace icon.

:nibbles: is the best smiley ever :</>D

Edit: And I must agree that emo smiley is very painful looking, I wouldn't like it :</>p

Old Manus
07-02-2006, 10:54 PM
:ezpimp: Promo - Oh wait, it hasn't been added.

Anaisa
07-02-2006, 10:55 PM
It's debateable whether that smilie is emo anyway. It may just be a person with hairy wrists, who was shaving, an then accidently cut themselves.

drunkymonkey
07-03-2006, 10:40 AM
I think I don't care much. They're only emoticons.

mooglebunni608
07-03-2006, 04:35 PM
emo-ticons.
Emo.
ALL THE EMOTICONS ARE EMO!!!!

CRAPTASTIC AVENGER
07-03-2006, 05:02 PM
:Oo: This is obviously the victam of this :trout:
Brutal fish wacking is the Number 1 crime in the world!
:choc2: What is that Chocoobo doing......

Jess
07-03-2006, 05:13 PM
xD

:jess: is innocent, though.

CRAPTASTIC AVENGER
07-03-2006, 05:51 PM
;) so does that but little does anyone know that He is indeed flirting with anyone who looks at him That is Prostitution! Have this emocon arrested!

drunkymonkey
07-03-2006, 06:01 PM
;) so does that but little does anyone know that He is indeed flirting with anyone who looks at him That is Prostitution! Have this emocon arrested!
Sexual innuendo runs rampant throughout the emoticon community, doesn't it?

CRAPTASTIC AVENGER
07-03-2006, 06:21 PM
:beer: :kiss: :thumb: :drool: :choc2: :bow: :count:
Yes it does.....
no, really...... what is that chocobo doing?

mooglebunni608
07-03-2006, 07:23 PM
do you really want to know?he's dancing! o.o

drunkymonkey
07-03-2006, 07:32 PM
do you really want to know?he's dancing! o.o
Disgraceful, isn't it?

Jojee
07-03-2006, 08:23 PM
xD

:jess: is innocent, though.
No way, that smiley is obviously high :jess:

CRAPTASTIC AVENGER
07-03-2006, 08:29 PM
:ty: are you sure its not this one?

Psychotic
07-03-2006, 09:47 PM
:ty: are you sure its not this one?Pole-dancing.

Great thread, Spiff.

Reine
07-04-2006, 03:47 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/Andreil/pity.gif

41-Inches-Wide
07-04-2006, 04:00 AM
Great balls of fire! There's a Mr. T emoticon? :DD
Then it follows there should be Chuck Norris smilie too.

I wouldn't know EoFF emoticons. I use Quick Reply anyway. :/

Sephex
07-04-2006, 06:35 AM
I always wished that this place would add this one.

http://forums.modojo.com/images/smilies/miyaeek.gif

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-04-2006, 06:39 AM
Considering Miyamoto has never once been photographed with an expression that could be described as anything less than ecstatic, it seems highly inaccurate.

Sephex
07-04-2006, 06:41 AM
Considering Miyamoto has never once been photographed with an expression that could be described as anything less than ecstatic, it seems highly inaccurate.

HA. HA.

http://forums.modojo.com/images/smilies/miyaeek.gif

Monster Hunt
07-04-2006, 12:40 PM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5719/donkeykong6eh.gif <- Anger management needed! (I personally love that one)