PDA

View Full Version : How reliable is the Madcatz 4X Memory Card for the GCN?

KentaRawr!
07-02-2006, 05:28 AM
Well, my Sister, the year after I got my GCN, got me a Madcatz 4X Memory Card. I never trusted it. EVER. Now, however, my normal Memory Card is running out of space. How reliable is this 4X Memory Card?

I decided to run a little test of my own. I copied some data from the regular memory card to the Madcatz Memory Card, and then I will play the games normally using the Madcatz Memory Card. If the files work after many, many saves on many, many different games, then I will trust it. But I want to know your experiences as well, just in case fate decides that after a month or two, it hates me. :)

fantasyjunkie
07-02-2006, 05:33 AM
I have aways bought name brand on memory cards. Do you REALLY want to buy an alternate brand with your saved games?

KentaRawr!
07-02-2006, 05:46 AM
I have aways bought name brand on memory cards. Do you REALLY want to buy an alternate brand with your saved games?

I'm not the one who got it. I just want to know if this strange gift my Sister got me a long time ago is reliable for save data. o.o If it is, then I won't have to buy a regular Memory Card.

ZeZipster
07-02-2006, 06:54 AM
I'd say it's probably just as reliable as any Nintendo memory card. Don't sweat it. You could use your other one as a back-up if you really want and keep unimportant saves on it while your normal games on the Madcatz.