PDA

View Full Version : when do you think ff x got boring?

Psydekick
07-02-2006, 08:49 AM
How many hours did i take you to get bored of this game, it took me about 200 and then i realised how much time i had been playing so i kinda stopped. what about you?

EDIT: You can say never

Zeromus_X
07-02-2006, 08:51 AM
When I finished it, I suppose. I don't really feel like stat maxing, though that won't take too long with the Don Tonberry trick. Still, no Dark Aeons/Penance in my version, so oh well...I don't really feel like fighting Nemesis either. I already got a few Ultimate Weapons and all the Aeons, so not much I wanted to do.

Christmas
07-02-2006, 08:53 AM
I got bored only when the sky rains fire and the sea dried up.

Marly
07-02-2006, 10:11 AM
When I had to redo about 4 hours of the game because I didn't save and lost it all. I couldn't bring myself to go over it all again.

Dell
07-02-2006, 03:37 PM
After one second. *Throw FFX into the dustbin*

f f freak
07-02-2006, 03:59 PM
never this is my joint first favourite ff game. It's tied with just about everyone I can think of(None of the spin offs though).

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
07-02-2006, 04:09 PM
it has yet to get boring for me. though i suppose the tedious bits like thunder dodging ticks me off

~SapphireStar~
07-02-2006, 05:00 PM
I cant remember, I just got fed up of playing it after a good while.

Shin Gouken
07-02-2006, 05:06 PM
i got bored in under four hours and turned it off. A year later i was forced to play it again and although i made it to the end and thoroughly enjoyed many parts of the game... boredom layed around every other corner

Leen-Leen
07-02-2006, 05:37 PM
It hasn't gotten boring yet for me. Though sometimes I just stop playing the game for a while, I usually come around and play it again.

feefee123
07-02-2006, 07:22 PM
those stupid little things u have to do to get to certain places like the thunder plainz and when your on the shoopuffs damm that stuff waz soo very annoying!! and also 2 many dam movie scenez in this one i used to love the movie scenes but in this one we DONT NEED a movie every 5 minutes. but overall the game waz good kept me busy when i waznt doing nething else.

feona17
07-02-2006, 08:22 PM
FFX only truly annoys me when I have to go through those stupid trials in the temples. Yeesh. I HATE them.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
07-02-2006, 08:29 PM
about two years from now.

ValiantKnight
07-02-2006, 08:51 PM
When most of the FMVs play..
Most of the time when Tidus is talking(just irritating /shrug)
I'm enjoying leveling up a bit on the road after the tournament(and after the laughing scene)... but I know I eventually have to get back to FMVs and Tidus talking and more temples /sigh.

Rhi
07-02-2006, 08:51 PM
i don't think it gets boring. someimtes after playing it fot too long, yeah. but if i leave it a few months and then start playing it again, i love it again :D

4evarisha
07-02-2006, 08:56 PM
I think it never annoys me lol.

feona17
07-02-2006, 09:37 PM
When most of the FMVs play..
Most of the time when Tidus is talking(just irritating /shrug)
I'm enjoying leveling up a bit on the road after the tournament(and after the laughing scene)... but I know I eventually have to get back to FMVs and Tidus talking and more temples /sigh.

Really? I love FMV's. They give the game it's pizazz and always lives upto the FF series name. Tidus' talking was alright with me, it was cool to know what he was thinking and feeling. The game wasn't just about killing bloodthirsty fiends and bosses, and I liked that.

TRANS_AM409
07-02-2006, 11:40 PM
it got boreing after i beat it

mega_tonberry
07-03-2006, 01:09 AM
After stat maxing.

Yuffie514
07-03-2006, 03:13 AM
Final Fantasy X was never boring. i just don't make much time to go through the games anymore...

4evarisha
07-03-2006, 03:32 AM
After stat maxing.
That too

Darkwing Bahamut
07-03-2006, 07:34 AM
When I started doing the side quests. Apart from FFX-2, this game had the worst side quests in my opinion. And of course maxing out stats is really boring.

Sefie1999AD
07-03-2006, 10:58 AM
When I was playing my first game, I got bored after about 40-45 hours into the game, so after beating Yunalesca in Zanarkand and revisiting Bevelle, I didn't even bother to level up or do side quests, and I just headed straight to the final battle, and since my characters were so bad without leveling up, the final dungeon was even more boring with me constantly having to resort to "Live and let live!" or "I won't go so easy on you next time!" :mad: Let's not even get started with the final battle, which wasn't hard but it took me 30-40 minutes to kill Jecht because I kept doing 1500-3500 HP damage to him, unless I had cast Armor Break on him, and that's when Auron was able to do about 8000 HP damage. With the Pagodas being there to heal Jecht, and the heavy metal playing in the background, I couldn't have been more bored.

On my second game, the game turned out more fun, and I didn't really get bored. The only thing was that I played it on my Christmas vacation, and it was the last day of my vacation. I could have continued the game for longer, but I decided to just finish the game that day since I wouldn't be able to play it much after that. I managed to get all of Yuna's Aeons and her Celestial Weapon, and finish a good, victorious season of Blitzball, and that's about it. :)

*Lady luck*
07-03-2006, 03:15 PM
during a game of blitzball

Crossblades
07-03-2006, 04:27 PM
After finishing the game

ValiantKnight
07-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Only reason I dislike most of the FMVs is they feel awkward or take a while. Feel as if they are trying to create or sustain some sense of an emotion that isn't there. Tidus acts so immature and laughs all the time is why I referred to disliking to hear him speaking. He is also a reason for disliking some of the FMVs.
Auron, Wakka, Lulu, Kimari... they are all fine. Yuna is a little strange.. Tidus is just well....

So yeah.. I've been known to mute my TV a few times when hearing Tidus talk. But then again that's just my opinion and I'm only at the Road to Djose Temple. So Tidus still has a chance to mature and become some wonderful hero :) /joke

All sarcasm aside, I just find him a little childish and he annoys me.. most of the FMVs have him talking.. so theres the reason for the FMVs.

4evarisha
07-03-2006, 07:18 PM
yea sometimes.

Evolavas
07-05-2006, 06:38 PM
After I beat the game ( which was after stat maxing ).

4evarisha
07-05-2006, 09:00 PM
I played it three times and never has stat maxing.

Jessweeee♪
07-10-2006, 06:37 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME!!! :D

I'm going through it....the 12th time I think...

Though I love the story, the cutscenes are getting on my nerves because by now I have memorized the script practically.

Hambone
07-10-2006, 08:06 PM
not yet... and it probably never will.

01 Rin
07-11-2006, 08:59 PM
NEVER ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Numb
07-13-2006, 01:11 AM
I actually played the game when it first came out and I stopped for some reason and forgot about it :eep: and when I saw an mv about it, I remembered how great it was and I really wanted to know what was the reason that made me stop playing it, so I loaded the game .. and yup:) that darn flying monster thingee before yunas wedding, I don't know why but I HATE fighting him although I didn't fight him alot and he's not really hard and it's certainly not the (move in-move out) thing coz I loved it when it was with sins fin..AAH OK THEN..:love:

he-he ok..bye:greenie:

Materia Hunter Yuffie
07-13-2006, 03:57 AM
I only got bored during the stupid trials. I hated them.

4evarisha
07-13-2006, 08:07 AM
not yet... and it probably never will.
ditto:):):):)

Mage_of_Fire
07-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Eh, I first beat it a really long time ago. I know I got it about 6-10 months after the PS2 came out, cause that's when we got ours, and that was one of the first games that we bought.

The first time through I basically sucked.

But I decided to do it again a few years ago, and stopped when I got to the catching monsters point after getting every celestial weapon upgraded. But I went back to it earlier this year and I've almost got 10 of everything, I have just about all my ultimate armors made, 255 of most stats (except magic), and was just starting to send more than 3 chars around my mostly done sphere grid when I stopped again.

I need to get back to that later.... Planning on organixing my grid with all +4s and adding HP to the rest, even though I don't have HP break on my armors. Heh.

The lightning really doesn't take that long compared to stat maxing. Just turn off the sound, listen to some music and watch the flashes. I think I didn't even listen to music. All the celestial weapons seem annoying, but it isn't grinding like catching mobs/getting gil/stat maxing is.

I will say though, that the first time though I thought Tidus sounded really dumb, although I came to appreciate the story later, which is what inspired me to start the second game, and to do it right this time. The scenes do get under my skin a little now though, since the atmosphere that they created the first time doesn't really work once you know what happens next. I still love the universe it's in though.

O yea, blitzball too. I played a LOT of that on my first game, kinda imbalanced my chars cause I only used tidus and brother, they were like 20 levels ahead of everyone else when I stopped. I think I got like 9 goals in one match as my max. Maybe 11 once. 9 consistently if I tried. I want to do a lot more with that this time too.

My first game had like 80 something hours iirc. Maybe 90 something. My new one has like 120 atm.

Yea I have a long history with FFX. It was my first FF.

Did I mention I'm not bored with it yet? ;) Probably never will be.

tidus_rox
07-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah I dont realy think i will ever think that number 10 is boring... so fun, so rich, so real. *Goes to play it*

mesmerized
07-21-2006, 03:45 PM
How many hours did i take you to get bored of this game, it took me about 200 and then i realised how much time i had been playing so i kinda stopped. what about you?

EDIT: You can say never

it is a little hard not to say never

i have been playing this game for about 251 hours when i finally started to loose a little entushiasm

still I discovered I hadn't seen all that the game could offer...