PDA

View Full Version : Prince Of Persia

BakerMan
07-02-2006, 11:44 AM
I got this game for Christmas and I only have one thing to say. This games hard as Hell. Is it just me? Not only did I need a walkthrough for the first boss but I'm stuck in the clocktower part thing... If the game was more manueverable then it would be okay but the only real thing I see this game having is some good battle scenes...

~SapphireStar~
07-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Ive never really played any of the PoP series, but where I use to work, we had loads of copies in cheap and no-one was bothering to touch them. I played the second game briefly and I was getting annoyed at the control system, specially jumping and grabbing ledges, he didnt want to do it.

BakerMan
07-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah the control systems pretty bad, the grabbing ledges and jumping,(especially wall running) gets really annoying.

Shauna
07-02-2006, 04:50 PM
If you're talking about the PoP: The Sands of Time being difficult... I'd hate to see how you'd react to the other 2. :p It's not all that difficult, and I find fun to play. :) Although, now that I'm remembering the Clock Tower... I'm pretty sure that was one of the more difficult parts of the game, but I got through it OK. :)

The second game is pretty bad compared to the first, except the battle system thing, and the dual weapon weilding was good. The third brings back the atmosphere of the first, and the battle system of the second, making it most likely the best game out of the three. :)

Maybe the game just isn't for you? :)

Roto13
07-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Sands of Time (1st 3D one) was probably the greatest game released that year. The environments were stunning, wall-running and the prince's general agility were a lot of fun. The biggest weakness was the battle system. It sucked. Bad. There was a sweet little love story between the prince and Farrah, which led to an equally sweet little ending. It was an exceptional game, overall.

Warrior Within (2nd 3D one) almost turned me away from the series in general. It was pure /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. Sure the battle system was "improved", but I still ended up using the same moves I used in Sands of Time. The environments were dull and the fact that you had to backtrack through them a hundred times didn't help. Basically, Sands of Time didn't sell that well, so they casualized it. They made the sand creatures bleed, made any female characters into total tramps (going so far as to throw cheesey sexual innuendo into the normal monster battles, and throwing a bad sex scene into the end), and added a pathetic metal soundtrack. The original soundtrack was beautiful. Stuart Chatwood from The Tea Party composed it. It was a mix of Arabian style and rock. The second one had frigging Godsmack in it. And the prince? He's been running from the Dahaka for years and years, no time to sleep, but he did manage to get a tattoo (the same tattoo the game's failure of an art director has) and lose his English accent. Also, glitches? Yeah, those. I had to restart on my VERY FIRST PLAYTHROUGH because I stepped on a time portal without activating it first and saved. When I loaded, I was a sand wraith, and couldn't progress further through the game.

The Two Thrones (3rd 3D one) was a huge improvement over both, really. It brought back the magic of the first game. The original characters (the Vizier, Farrah) returned, and Kaileena frigging died! Now THAT was satisfiying! They kept the combat system of the second game, the actual quality of the first game, and gave it a whole new feel. They got rid of the blood from the sand monsters and added a new playable character. The original plan was to have Kaileena as a playable character, but she was killed and replaced by the Dark Prince. The prince's alter-ego, he's an infection of the Sands of Time. He fights with a sexy chain. :D Also, stealth attacks were added for a change of pace. Probably the best game in the series, though the platforming aspects weren't as refreshing as they were in the first game (since they'd been done before).

There you go. The 3D PoP games. I have the trilogy, and overall, I'm pleased. Just don't expect much from Warrior Within (the game the topic creator is playing, if I'm not mistaken.)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Sands of Time (1st 3D one)The first 3D one was actually Prince of Persia: Arabian Nights, but the less said about it, the better, really.

Shauna
07-02-2006, 05:25 PM
He fights with a sexy chain. :D

xD That made me laugh so much, for some reason.

But, yeah, we have similar views of the PS2 PoP games. I remember we discussed it over LJ, when I first got PoP: TTT. xD

Roto13
07-02-2006, 05:30 PM
He fights with a sexy chain. :D

xD That made me laugh so much, for some reason.

But, yeah, we have similar views of the PS2 PoP games. I remember we discussed it over LJ, when I first got PoP: TTT. xD
Oh, yeah, I remember that now. I think we agreed on everything. :p

farplaner
07-03-2006, 05:18 AM
I played "sands of time," and I enjoyed the platform elements, but without question the battle system was complete crap. So what the game amounts to is a lot of running and jumping, etc. with an under-developed plot- not enough to inspire me to check out the other titles, and roto's fairly in-depth review solidifies this conclusion.