PDA

View Full Version : So I have to rant about GameFAQs once again.

Madame Adequate
07-02-2006, 01:01 PM
There they go with one of their polls to highlight how stupid the gaming public is (Yes people who disagree with me are stupid. xD)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html

Okay first of all that's clearly Civilization. In fact Civ is the only series which is more consistently rated as containing 'The best game ever' than Zelda, FF, et al. Civ II was top of every single PC gaming poll I saw in a long time, beating out StarCraft, Alpha Centauri, and others.

Second Megaman will beat Suikoden, which is... it's... I don't know actually. I can't think of a suitably offensive real-world analogue. Maybe saying it's akin to the Nazi party being supported by more people than their victims? Yeah, that's almost on a level with this.

Pokemon v. Star Ocean! Well... Pokemon will almost certainly win, I expect. This is also criminal. Star Ocean is awesome. Pokemon is merely pretty good.

Discuss: Who you want to win, which results have offended you the most, and why they hurt me so. :(

~SapphireStar~
07-02-2006, 01:16 PM
Pokemon and Star Ocean are the 2 most random games to compete agasint each other. Digimon and Monster Raucher, or even Megaman would be better suited. And place SO with Suikoden. Suikoden and SO better win.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-02-2006, 01:18 PM
The solution is to accept that most people enjoy crap.

Madame Adequate
07-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Pokemon and Star Ocean are the 2 most random games to compete agasint each other. Digimon and Monster Raucher, or even Megaman would be better suited. And place SO with Suikoden. Suikoden and SO better win.

I absolutely guarantee you that neither of them will win, and they almost certainly won't make it out of the first round.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Democracy just doesn't work.

Craig
07-02-2006, 01:20 PM
I must say I am terribly offended by this :mad2: :mad2:

Zeromus_X
07-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Pocket Monsters are great and all, but better than Star Ocean? Jeez. Still, it's whatever's more well-known.

Levian
07-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Star Ocean and Suikoden never got released in Europe, so that's quite a few votes in the other contestants favour. Also, computers are more common than various consoles, so that's also something. In the end, the most available game wins.

Zeromus_X
07-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Pretty much.

Shauna
07-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Star Ocean and Suikoden never got released in Europe,

Suikoden most certainly did get released in Europe! Well, UK at least. Suikoden 1, 2 and 4 have been released here. And, I'm pretty damned sure I saw SO3 in a shop over here too. :p

I agree with what Kishi said. :)

Levian
07-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I saw Suikoden 4 in the stores, and the newest Star Ocean, and I know that the earlier installments has gotten re-released, or whatever, but it's a little late. The graphics can't compete with today's graphics and people probably won't give it a chance, besides people tend to like games they played when they were younger. omg nostalgia.

DK
07-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Megaman over Suikoden is easily understandable. Megaman is a huge and long running series with some classic games. From what I understand and have played, Suikoden One is crap, Suikoden four is crap, Two is amazing, Three is good and Five is pretty good. Not sure about tactics, but yeah.

Roto13
07-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Mega Man and Zelda are crap?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-02-2006, 07:41 PM
I didn't say that.

Madame Adequate
07-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Suikoden One is crap

What are you, an entertainer?

Roto13
07-02-2006, 08:12 PM
I didn't say that.
Oh, good. :P

drunkymonkey
07-03-2006, 11:13 AM
Civ owns. It really does.

Raven Nox
07-03-2006, 11:19 AM
I feel sad two of my favorite series are going to get beaten by Mega Man and Pokemon. I mean, neither Suikoden or Star Ocean would probably win the contest, but they should get farther than they're going to.

And yeah, Star Ocean vs. Pokemon is quite random.

Shoden
07-03-2006, 11:32 AM
SO2 is also out in the UK which is in europe. Alot of GameFAQers seem to be children who love teh pokemons =(.

Roto13
07-03-2006, 02:42 PM
And yeah, Star Ocean vs. Pokemon is quite random.
I dunno. They're both RPGs and stuff...

Cz
07-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Come on MILFy, you don't seriously care what the morons at Gamefaqs think, do you? Let's face it, the general public aren't that smart. Bad games win online polls, crap music tops the charts, and right-wing politicans get elected. Why not just lay back and relax, confident in your overwhelming superiority over every living thing?

Madame Adequate
07-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Come on MILFy, you don't seriously care what the morons at Gamefaqs think, do you? Let's face it, the general public aren't that smart. Bad games win online polls, crap music tops the charts, and right-wing politicans get elected. Why not just lay back and relax, confident in your overwhelming superiority over every living thing?

Because I need to justify my genocide programs, and this is as good a way as any.

Edit: And I do care when most of my species is stupid/has no taste. It shames me. =(

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 07:44 PM
It has nothing to do with intelligence at all. It just has to do with which game is more well-known. (Pocket Monsters is very well known, if you didn't know. Two of the Star Oceans weren't translated, Star Ocean 2 wasn't commercially successful, and the third only had moderate publicity. This is outside of Japan, of course.) And there are probably more teens and adults that visit Gamefaqs than children.

Madame Adequate
07-05-2006, 07:48 PM
It has nothing to do with intelligence at all. It just has to do with which game is more well-known. (Pocket Monsters is very well known, if you didn't know. Two of the Star Oceans weren't translated, Star Ocean 2 wasn't commercially successful, and the third only had moderate publicity. This is outside of Japan, of course.) And there are probably more teens and adults that visit Gamefaqs than children.

Anyone who disagrees with me is stupid.

I fail to see the difficulty in understanding this. :p

Shauna
07-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Are you complaining about the stupidity of the people voting for the crap games left in the poll, or what? :p

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2006, 06:28 AM
People as a whole are inherently moronic. The more people in a group, the lower the collective IQ will be. Why do you think the US has Bush for a President?

Rather than whine about these sort of things, I relish in the fact that the games that are truly better aren't known to as a great number. Makes me feel a bit more priveledged.

To sum up, people are stupid, get over it.

KentaRawr!
07-09-2006, 06:57 AM
This is why I go to gamefaqs. I am mentally superior to everyone there. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ah, not really. But they have more trolls than we do.

The polls are crazy. Seriously, Pokemon vs Star Ocean? They may be RPGs, but they are still totally different. In Pokemon, your basic goal is to just catch Pokemon. In Star Ocean, your main goal is to do whatever is next. >=O

Edit: My god, Kingdom Hearts vs Harvest Moon!? O_O How did Harvest Moon even make it to the "best series ever" contest!? ...

I guess some people actually like it. o.o

Markus. D
07-09-2006, 11:35 AM
I got really Ticked off when they done a vs poll

Sephiroth vs Vergil.

ovcourse freakin Sephy is going to win regardless.

murrrrrrrrr....

Madame Adequate
07-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Are you complaining about the stupidity of the people voting for the crap games left in the poll, or what? :p

That's exactly what I'm complaining about :p

Old Manus
07-09-2006, 01:40 PM
I never look at that site frequently enough to see who wins those competitions anyway :confused:

Agent Proto
07-09-2006, 03:13 PM
If you have such a problem with GameFAQs handling of this tournament, why don't you start one here at EoFF? Knowing that the EoFF population have a sense of a brain compared to GameFAQs, maybe you'll appreciate the outcome here than there.

Zeromus_X
07-09-2006, 03:30 PM

Anyone who disagrees with me is stupid.

I fail to see the difficulty in understanding this. :p

Anyone who can't just use reason or logic to figure out something is stupid.

I fail to see the difficulty in understanding this. :cat:

At any rate, I don't see why it really matters if anyone thinks they're 'stupid' or not, even though it, in reality, is just a big popularity contest, which doesn't matter. That's why the most well-known (aka 'popular') series will win.

Madame Adequate
07-09-2006, 05:20 PM
If you have such a problem with GameFAQs handling of this tournament, why don't you start one here at EoFF? Knowing that the EoFF population have a sense of a brain compared to GameFAQs, maybe you'll appreciate the outcome here than there.

While there are people here to dislike Zell and Wakka, I'm not taking any chances. I'll keep it to just one site annoying me, thx.

And boy do you guys take my anger seriously. :D

KentaRawr!
07-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Well, at least Castlevania beat Halo. :p

escobert
07-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Civ II was awsome.

Reine
07-10-2006, 04:16 AM
Star Ocean Vs. Pokemon?

Is this a bloody joke?

Zeromus_X
07-10-2006, 04:20 AM
Yeah, that already happened.

But still, it is all about what series is more well-known and has a broader fanbase. Pocket Monsters wins, in that case, as Star Ocean isn't nearly as well-known.

No, I'm not happy that SO lost, but at least I understand how it works.