Michael Belmont
07-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Here let's talk about Firion.

Crossblades
07-05-2006, 05:58 PM
He's an okay leader, but he makes an excellent Paladin type character

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-05-2006, 06:03 PM
There's nothing much to say about him since Square decided not to give him any real personality. Even his circumstances are identical to those of Maria and Guy. He just functions as the customary male lead who occasionally says, "Hey, let's go fight that evil, there."

Sefie1999AD
07-05-2006, 07:14 PM
I don't have much to say about Frioniel since he wasn't given many lines in the game. I made the character classes a bit what they aren't supposed to be, so I made him a White Mage with a Staff in my game. BTW do you think Frioniel and Maria will end up together, or will they be just friends/allies?

Captain Maxx Power
07-05-2006, 09:49 PM
He's a battle advancement facilitator. Nothing more, nothing less. His personality is almost completely moot.

Omni-Odin
07-06-2006, 03:28 AM
I only used him as a white mage/paladin character, but the best in the game is Leon. One of the first real plot twists as well.

DarkLadyNyara
07-06-2006, 06:55 AM
BTW do you think Frioniel and Maria will end up together, or will they be just friends/allies?
Vice is nice, but incest is best. :D Sorry, couldn't resist

Let's hope they don't end up together. :rolleyes2 Technically, they're brother and sister. Maria's parents adopted Firion.

But on topic, yeah, he has no personallity.

vorpal blade
07-06-2006, 10:15 AM
The FFI characters had more personality than him. So I voted for Leon. You see, Leon is actually cool. Unlike Firion.

Sefie1999AD
07-06-2006, 10:37 AM

Let's hope they don't end up together. :rolleyes2 Technically, they're brother and sister. Maria's parents adopted Firion.

Huh? I don't remember that being said in the game. Maria and Leonhart were brother and sister (Maria asks Scott in Phin, "Have you seen my brother, Leonhart?"), but I don't think it was said anywhere that Frioniel and Maria were also related.

Captain Maxx Power
07-06-2006, 12:41 PM
It's in the manual;

Taken in by Leon's family at a very young age, Firion was raised as a brother to Leon and Maria. After losing his adopted parents when the empire invades the kingdom of Fynn, Firion decides to join the rebels.

Crossblades
07-06-2006, 04:23 PM
BTW do you think Frioniel and Maria will end up together, or will they be just friends/allies?

Didn't they adopt Guy as well?

DarkLadyNyara
07-06-2006, 05:44 PM
The FFI characters had more personality than him. So I voted for Leon. You see, Leon is actually cool. Unlike Firion.
Leon sucks, and needs to die.

Peter_20
07-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Leon sucks, and needs to die.What the hell?
I thought he was one of the best chars in the game, like a cool version of Firion. :p
He was master of all weapons as well, how could he suck? :confused:

DarkLadyNyara
07-11-2006, 06:42 AM
My reasons for hating Leon are a topic for a whole other thread.

chrs229
07-19-2006, 10:09 PM
i use firion as a black mage/ fighter since he has the most MP and health

rubah
07-23-2006, 08:55 PM
leonheart should be loved just because he's so dadgummed hot. Frioniel was nice-- for most of my game he was right up there with Guy in damage dealing.

DJZen
07-24-2006, 04:25 AM
Leader?

Zeromus_X
07-24-2006, 04:58 AM
Yes, the main character of the game and everything. Sprite usually in the front row. Etc.

Fireblade13
09-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Good Spiret. I got it to 99! lol

Martyr
10-22-2006, 08:57 PM
He's an excellent leader because:

A. He starts up front, which means that he's not afraid of taking hits.
B. He starts with swords, which are the stronget weapons in the game, ultimately (Even though axes look REALLY good for a while), and so he has the best potential to totally kick butt while he's up front.
C. He looks like Fighter, the coolest and indestructable fighting machine lead character of FF1. This shows that he's got good role models, a good sense of style and taste, and maybe good instinct and intuition.
D. In my case, he is massively overpowered, easily becoming an awesome healer and attacker. As they say, "The hands of a king are the hands of a healer." He is my fighter, my healer, and my leader. First to battle, last in retreat.

Firion is probably the greatest Leader of any character in any FF game.
I really can't see past his shining beacon of leadershipness.

Hooray for him!
And I hope he does marry Maria. Being an adopted relative has no incestuous repercussions except that their long time friendship will probably tilt the chance of divrce up or down. Considering that they saved the world together, they're probably an excellent team and, in this case, will probably be LESS likely to divorce and MORE likely to have babies who appear in FF3, 4, 5, and 6.