PDA

View Full Version : Cecil the dark knight

Michael Belmont
07-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Does anyone like Cecil?

f f freak
07-02-2006, 05:56 PM
I love cecil one of the best Male leads of Final fantasy not the best but one of them

Evastio
07-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Cecil as a paladin fit his personality more.

<<MiKo BaHaMuT>>
07-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Agreed with with Evastio.
But still, Dark Knight suits him too
You know, I'm quite fond of those err... "dark-looking" characters but with kind heart :p

Arrgh, overall, he rocks ~<3

Crossblades
07-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Cecil is an awesome character, but I like Kain more:)

Cruise Control
07-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Dark Cecil pwned. Then he sucked ass.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Cecil is my favourite character in FFIV. I liked Dark Knight Cecil better than Cecil as a Paladin.

Christmas
07-04-2006, 02:04 PM
I like him better when he go around nuking towns and killing innocent villagers.

Ryth
07-11-2006, 05:51 AM
Cecil is awesome. Paladin fit him more, but he fitted Dark Knight as well. Also he looked cooler as a Dark Knight.

Zeromus_X
07-11-2006, 06:23 AM
Cecil as a paladin. It showed his development/redemption, etc. And that one Amano sketch is just beautiful.

This one, to be specific:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/29.jpg

Sefie1999AD
07-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Cecil's alright, and I think he's better as a Paladin since he can actually fight the undead monsters after that. A problem I have with him is that he's very insensitive when it comes to Kain. He knows Kain was dating Rosa until she left him for Cecil, and it's clear that the Dragon Knight still has feelings for her, and then Cecil goes to make out with her in front of Kain's face. Twice.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-11-2006, 06:03 PM
I always got the feeling that Rosa was more the instigator of that one. Cecil never struck me as the kind of person to be really publicly affectionate.

And I've always liked Cecil as a character, definitely one of the nobler Final Fantasy heroes.

Evastio
07-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Cecil's alright, and I think he's better as a Paladin since he can actually fight the undead monsters after that. A problem I have with him is that he's very insensitive when it comes to Kain. He knows Kain was dating Rosa until she left him for Cecil, and it's clear that the Dragon Knight still has feelings for her, and then Cecil goes to make out with her in front of Kain's face. Twice.
:hot: This again? :hot:

What's with all these people making up lies that Cecil stole Rosa from Kain? :mad: It didn't mention that in the game at all.

Sefie1999AD
07-11-2006, 08:08 PM
:hot: This again? :hot:

What's with all these people making up lies that Cecil stole Rosa from Kain? :mad: It didn't mention that in the game at all.

I think it's more like what Rosa did rather than what Cecil did. There was some guide thing about the Japanese version of FFIV SNES (The Man would know more about this one) where Rosa and Kain were dating first, but when Kain decided to remain a Dragon Knight rather than mastering the Dark Sword since he wanted to remain loyal to his father's wishes, Rosa dumped Kain and went for Cecil instead because Cecil was a Dark Knight.

Evastio
07-12-2006, 04:17 AM
I think it's more like what Rosa did rather than what Cecil did. There was some guide thing about the Japanese version of FFIV SNES (The Man would know more about this one) where Rosa and Kain were dating first, but when Kain decided to remain a Dragon Knight rather than mastering the Dark Sword since he wanted to remain loyal to his father's wishes, Rosa dumped Kain and went for Cecil instead because Cecil was a Dark Knight.
Link please? :mad:

Tempest
07-12-2006, 05:10 AM
Link please? :mad:
Here is a link to a thread that me and a few others discussed about this. http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=75535 I can't remember what The Man called it but, it was something Square released in Japan telling more about the story behind Kain, Cecil, and Rosa. It was never released in english and I haven't found anything on it yet, since I haven't really looked. :rolleyes2 But yeah, all this stuff is true Evastio.

Anyways, Cecil is a good character but, I like Kain way better. :D

NorthernChaosGod
07-13-2006, 06:44 AM
I liked him better as a dark knight than a paladin.