PDA

View Full Version : Is Locke a true hero or a joker

Michael Belmont
07-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Are you gonna know Locke is the real hero or you just gunna claim Terra resambles to Jesus Christ?

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-02-2006, 05:43 PM
What? Terra looks nothing like Jesus Christ. Or acts like him. Or...what? No.

Locke was pretty cool I guess. Tool him up properly and he's the most powerful character in the game.

~SapphireStar~
07-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Yeah Locke was a cool character. But I dont understand the whole Jesus Christ thing :confused:

Roto13
07-02-2006, 08:25 PM
He's just whining that Locke is the main character. Again.

What is this, four topics about this now? Gonna claim the Japanese version is drastically different? Again?

Michael Belmont
07-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Let me tell you something roto. I'm no Terra worshiper and i'm not a sexist ether. I beleive in the heart of the cards not taiora.

Roto13
07-02-2006, 10:36 PM
Of course you're not a Terra worshipper. You're a Locke fanboy.

Are you going to explain what Yu Gi Oh has to do with Final Fantasy VI yet?

Lynx
07-02-2006, 10:43 PM
locke is badass. come on he's a great character to have in your party and hes probably the most important character in the game well proabbly 2nd. he steals he makes you laugh and in the game he always seems like someone whose never worried and in control.

abrojtm
07-02-2006, 10:45 PM
I never liked him as a fighter, his character is ok. I only bother getting him in the WoR because he has Phoenix, and Phoenix teaches Life 3.

Michael Belmont
07-03-2006, 12:22 AM

Do you have something against me?

Avarice-ness
07-03-2006, 04:15 AM

Yeah.. what is the Yugioh deal. =/

This is like the 6000th's thread he's made. No Terra isn't Jesus. Of course if you know I could confrom to your Ideals and say Terra's mother's name is Madonna and Madonna was Jesus' mother or the holy mother or what ever the heck she was.
But come on now... If anyone's Jesus it's Kefka. <3.

Sylvie
07-03-2006, 04:18 AM
This is seriously getting old. I've only played a bit of FFVI and Terra does NOT have ANY resembelance to Jesus. Jesus did not have greenish hair. Terra does not have a beard.

And why are you referring to Yu Gi Oh now?

Avarice-ness
07-03-2006, 04:45 AM
This is seriously getting old. I've only played a bit of FFVI and Terra does NOT have ANY resembelance to Jesus. Jesus did not have greenish hair. Terra does not have a beard.

And why are you referring to Yu Gi Oh now?
He's been saying something about FFVI and Yu Gi Oh yet he will never explain the connection and this has been old for about a couple of months now. =[

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-03-2006, 06:18 AM
Hi! Personal attacks will not be tolerated, and if you people have problems with each other, take them to PMs.

And I like Locke, he's a good character. I usually have him as one of my major fighters.

However, he is not the main character of the game, although he is one of them. I contend that this game does not have a main character, but rather several primary and many secondary main characters.

Michael Belmont
07-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks for suporting me behold.

Roto13
07-03-2006, 02:29 PM
He's not supporting you. He's keeping the peace.

Kinako
07-03-2006, 03:11 PM
Terra is actually my favorite character in the game, but I like Locke a lot, too. Despite being a thief, he's a very honorable man who will fight for what he believes in.

Dell
07-03-2006, 03:32 PM
Terra is actually my favorite character in the game, but I like Locke a lot, too. Despite being a thief, he's a very honorable man who will fight for what he believes in.

Same here, Terra was my favourite AFTER Mog. That's a relief...

To be honest, I didn't really like Locke, both in the battle and in the story. I always think that his steal skill sucks, I always get crap item. And in the story, Edgar is way and away better than him, but that's just me, right? Still, Locke is an excellent character, Cloud, Squall and Tidus could never fight his leadership (Though in battle, Locke can't beat them), Zidane CAN!
So I refuse to answer in this poll. OR if I have to, I would pick 50-50.

I will love Locke if she can give Terra a piggyride for 10 times. :tongue:

Crossblades
07-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Locke is awesome. Plain and simple

NeoCracker
07-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Yes, what is this FF VI and Yugi-o thing? It confuses me? I believe the real main character of FF VI is Gogo, I know that thing has been pulling the strings all along. He probably convinced someone to start returnes, killed the king so that Edgar would succeed the throne, but also is the one who convinced Sabin to leave and train with Duncan or whatever it is he did. He also revelaed the location of the Espar world to the Empire. His only mistake was telling them how to create the Magitec knights, which birthed a crazy Kefka. He joins your party to rectify his mistakes.

But locke is an awsome character.

Kinako
07-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Uh...you're joking, right?

NeoCracker
07-03-2006, 10:58 PM
I'll let you be the judge of that.

ff_sweden
07-03-2006, 11:18 PM
if locke is a hero, this is a superhero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i4aEOhpjJg&search=own%20goal

Michael Belmont
07-04-2006, 12:38 AM
He's not supporting you. He's keeping the peace.

He dosen't want a flame war as much as i don't that's why we are to respect each other's opinion.

Kinako
07-04-2006, 12:42 AM
I'll let you be the judge of that.

Thanks, but I can't tell to be honest. We'll just leave it at that.

Christmas
07-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Locke is a TREASURE HUNTER.

Kinako
07-04-2006, 06:38 PM
He's both. End of argument.

bipper
07-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Locke is by far the greatst Final Fantasy Character of all time. No ifs ands or buts. I am sorry you wasted your time putting up a poll, but his badasses and almighty rawkness cannot be expressed by any real means. He is that ACE/GOE!

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 08:48 PM
"I like Setzer better." xD

Nah, Locke is pretty cool. Dunno where this main character thing is from...but whatever. Offering/Genji Glove + Ultima Weapon/Valiant Knife x 2= pwned.

Kinako
07-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Locke is by far the greatst Final Fantasy Character of all time. No ifs ands or buts. I am sorry you wasted your time putting up a poll, but his badasses and almighty rawkness cannot be expressed by any real means. He is that ACE/GOE!

Actually, it wasn't a waste of time, cause this person obviously wanted to know what other people thought of Locke.

bipper
07-05-2006, 09:00 PM
sarcasm and overglorification must be a waste of time :p

Kinako
07-05-2006, 09:04 PM
I knew it was sarcasm, but what i said still stands.

DK
07-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Locke sucked.

Shiny
07-06-2006, 01:22 AM
Ugh, this again. -_- He's not the main character. He is a major character. No matter how much you like him, it will remain that way.

Ryushikaze
07-06-2006, 02:35 AM
Locke is not the main character. Then again, neither is Tina. There is no 'main' character of FF6, and that's a GOOD thing.

Omni-Odin
07-06-2006, 03:31 AM
No game is real good without a strong main character, unless it's FF1. THat was one of the things I didn't like about VI. If one person was the main character it was Terra.

Kefka_Almighty
07-21-2006, 03:54 AM
To be honest, I didn't really like Locke, both in the battle and in the story. I always think that his steal skill sucks, I always get crap item. And in the story, Edgar is way and away better than him, but that's just me, right? Still, Locke is an excellent character, Cloud, Squall and Tidus could never fight his leadership (Though in battle, Locke can't beat them), Zidane CAN!
So I refuse to answer in this poll. OR if I have to, I would pick 50-50.

I will love Locke if she can give Terra a piggyride for 10 times. :tongue:

I agree for the most part. While I didn't like Locke as a fighter in the game, I DID like him as a character. He was charismatic and chivalrous, as a well as concerned for the others with him. But I also agree that he's the second best leader, next to Zidane from FF IX, which is something that the majority of other FF characters in games seemed to have lacked.

lovehurts
07-21-2006, 05:15 AM
He is ok, but he wasnt ever my main playa.

TidusMaster
07-22-2006, 01:58 AM
ok, can anyone tell me if there remaking or if they already did, FF6?

Roto13
07-22-2006, 02:08 AM
They're porting it to the GBA.

Lambon
07-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Hello. Big FF fan just reading forums.

Some people trying to sound witty and arrogant... Others sound zealous.
Funny reading.

Fact: Terra is the protagonist. Just sharing my knowledge.

Is he a joker? No way. If you do not spend time gathering the best equipment and spells in the game, Locke is one of the best. If you do, then your line up pretty much slims down to the obvious four. Terra, Celes, Sabin, and Shadow for a cool factor.

playaGAW
07-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Terra, Edgar, Celes, and Locke are all implied as protagonist. It is not a fact that Terra is the protagonist

bipper
07-24-2006, 02:49 PM
The main Character is kefka in a third person persona.

Lambon
07-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Terra, Edgar, Celes, and Locke are all implied as protagonist. It is not a fact that Terra is the protagonist

Yes it is. She is the protagonist. Why else would the story revolve around her? Why would the beginning and end also fixate on her? Why is most of the story, ABOUT HER.

Thank you.

Lambon
07-25-2006, 01:03 AM
Don't even reply. I don't know why people would argue over facts. She is the protagonist. Get over it. I don't care about Locke or Celes. I don't care what you may think. Do not dispute over a FACT. There is no reason too. Mail Square and ask them. Yoshi still works in the company, they should have a direct answer for you.

Lilliputian Hitcher
07-25-2006, 01:51 AM
If Terra was supposed to be the one and only protagonist in FFVI, then Square really sucks at story telling.

Kefka_Almighty
07-25-2006, 03:37 AM
No offense, Lambon, but Terra is not the only "main" character. The beginning starts with her as she works as a good springboard to introduce most of the other major characters. The game DOES focus on her quite a bit, but the majority of that focus is concentrated until you get to the Rebel's Camp and the split the party up. Though you all get back together again, Terra, by that point, is not THE most major focus. Yes, the ending also fixates TO A POINT on her, but it does so with all the other characters as well.

Also, you say this is a fact. Give me the evidence YOU have from the company that this is a fact.

Kinako
07-29-2006, 06:30 AM
Ok, I think I need to say that just about every rpg deals with all the character's backstory throughout the course of the game. If you know of one that doesn't, feel free to share.

I Don't Need A Name
07-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Locke sucked badly!

topnotchwholesaledotcom
07-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Locke was great as a character and as a fighter I think

lovehurts
07-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Lambo you seem so angry. You should try the final fantasy shrine forum they are violent there.

This is not on topic is dissing other fourms. Read the Rules in the FAQ, lovehurts. ~ Leeza

Bolivar
08-03-2006, 04:10 AM
I have to agree with Lambon that Terra's the protagonist, but i'm not going to say it's a fact. It's just the story obviously revolves around her, she is the most important piece of it.

Locke was pretty cool. I'm not going as far as to say he's a better leader than Cloud or Squall but he's a decent fighter with a strong sense of right and wrong. Also, a game where the thief kicks ass is always cool to me, although he's a TREASURE HUNTER.

Fleacy
08-06-2006, 06:10 PM
I voted that I like Setzer better. But Edgar is my favorite! :love:

Michael Belmont
08-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Sorry but i am a non-beleiver and besides i know it focused on Locke origernaly but what made square change their minds on who the main character is? And the gba verson is coming so we better expet some changes in storyline and tranlatsion.

Moon Rabbits
08-31-2006, 05:42 PM
Sorry but i am a non-beleiver and besides i know it focused on Locke origernaly but what made square change their minds on who the main character is? And the gba verson is coming so we better expet some changes in storyline and tranlatsion.

lol.

Flying Mullet
08-31-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm jumping in with my two cents late in the game.

Locke's my second favorite character after Cyan. :cool:

Thus he is 99% pure awesomesauce, with the other 1% being coolsauce (Cyan is 100% awesomesauce).

MasterX
08-31-2006, 11:17 PM
Well, although it has been established that Terra is the overall main character, Locke also seems to have major imput during her adventures. Locke is the guy who saved her ass in the beginning when the Empire was hunting her down.

Yes, I'm the kind of person who praises each character for their own individual traits, even if they are minor. In my opinion, Locke was a much better candidate to be the official leader of the party. Terra was a confused girl who was unsure of both her powers and her allegiance to the Returners. Locke was, of course, able to handle every situation in a calm orderly manner. Also, he made light of horrible situations, making even the most serious gamers giggle with many colourful emotions.

As for battle skills, Terra was your typical swordsan/red mage/summoner, making her skills dull and uninteresting. Not only can Locke learn nearly the same magic AND equip swords, but he's also your everyday typical insanely fast thief, making him a more interesting occupant in your party. At least in my opinion.

For those who interpret Locke as the main character, mad props to all of you. I have no understanding why Square would put in Terra when they have a perfectly good Celes to show off, too. Greetings, and live long and prospher.

Kinako
08-31-2006, 11:49 PM
Oh, yeah, Locke was definitely the leader, but he still wasn't the main character.

Michael Belmont
09-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Oh come now he saved her ass from the empire right? I still say he is the real hero well if it wasn't for him the other characters might of died right? So he is over protective of other characters even her and Celes he dosen't want to lose any of them like he did Rachel am i correct?

Kinako
09-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Right, Michael. I wasn't saying he wasn't a hero. I said he wasn't the main character.

Christmas
09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
This thread comes back to life once in a while. :bigsmile:

theundeadhero
09-11-2006, 06:13 PM
I wouldn't consider any optional characters the main character, so that leaves out the both of them :)

bipper
09-11-2006, 06:59 PM
locke was the leader? what? he ditches everyone to go hang out at the pheonix cave. Some leader. The story was of different protagonists all with thier own stories, who all made thier interwinding approach to the same universal end. They had different motivation, and worked well as a true democratic team. There was no specific leader.

Thus, the damn finest part of the game.

Roto13
09-11-2006, 08:52 PM
And if there was a main character, it would be Terra.

theundeadhero
09-11-2006, 08:58 PM
... Terra was one of the two I was talking about.

Roto13
09-11-2006, 09:12 PM
... Terra was one of the two I was talking about.

I know. I just don't care. :P