PDA

View Full Version : re: saturn sigil

ami62481
07-02-2006, 05:55 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a map/walkthrough of the butterfly catching games? I've been told that there is a certain pattern to it...

TheSpoonyBard
07-02-2006, 09:28 PM
http://www.fffuture.net/ffx/icons/butterfly.jpg

Translation of the legend

Red dot = Red butterfly
Blue dot = Blue butterfly
Yellow star = location of chest
Red -> = optimum route

4evarisha
07-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the map.

ami62481
07-04-2006, 12:44 AM
You rock! Thanx!

jaxun
07-04-2006, 03:44 AM
anyway u need speed and memorization on this map. i had about 20 tries on those maps until i had kimahri's sigil lol.

4evarisha
07-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Wow it helped but I kept on going into the red one.

zeilov_khaschante
07-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Looks like I'm playing the american version. And to get that Sigil in butterfly mini game, I got to win the first challenge of butterfly mini game, right?

Question is which one is the first challenge? Is the first challenge is the One which is started from near the parrot man playing harp? Or, in the other word, which one is the first challenge, according to the map?

TheSpoonyBard
07-19-2006, 07:53 PM
The first area you complete will earn you with a Teleport Sphere. Completion of the second area will yeild the Saturn Sigil. The order in which you complete the areas doesn't matter.

Also, you can't win the Sigil until you've got full control of the Airship.

zeilov_khaschante
07-20-2006, 04:34 PM
But somebody said (attention at the red coloured sentences): "In the Makalania Forest you will find a parrot-man playing a harp. After talking to him, to your immediate left is a butterfly. Upon touching it, you
begin another mini game challenge. You must collect all the blue butterflies without touching ANY of the purple ones before the timer runs out. Touching a purple butterfly starts a battle and costs you a few seconds. After completing the first challenge, a similar challenge awaits on the next screen past the parrot-man. Kimari’s Holy scroll is won from this second challenge….. but it is very important that you do this after you have the airship. Otherwise you will just win a sphere or an ether. Try not to pop a blood vessel on this one. I got a little irate at this part (>_<)*~@#$! In the American version you only need win the first challenge. The second challenge contains only a teleport sphere."

The question is Which one is the first challenge?
And what do you mean by: "The order in which you complete the areas doesn't matter."?

TheSpoonyBard
07-20-2006, 07:47 PM
That's just wrong. You need to complete both areas to get the Sigil in whichever version you're playing.

The order doesn't matter because you will receive a Teleport Sphere for the first area and the Sigil for the second. You can attempt North or South first, it won't change anything.

zeilov_khaschante
07-23-2006, 09:21 AM
Oh, so it is. Thank you for the explanation! But, knowing that I have to solve both of the challange is frustating me. Oh, GOD must be help me..., just pray and try hard, right?