PDA

View Full Version : The Need to Kill a Scot (this is about kilts)

Spiffing Cheese
07-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Have you ever... felt the need to kill a Scotsman? A poor, innocent Scotsman who got wrapped up in the evil schemes of an evil, scheming ex-Scotsman-name-goes-here :random letters: member who has gone to the dark side? Have you ever felt the need to invent a club that is "more complex than the UN" simply because you felt that poor, innocent hormonal girls were being caught up in the awesomeness of a certain Scotsman? Have you ever wanted to murder David Tennant simply because he "controls the minds of young teenage girls and makes them obsessive-compulsive maniacs"? Are you an evil, evil woman who thinks that David Tennant is a plague?!?!? Do you hate kilts?

Or, like me and a certain member who refuses to join the evilness that is the club that is more complex the UN and wants to kill a certain Scotsman who happens to be very, very hot, do you believe that David Tennant should be allowed to live and has never done anything wrong? Do you like kilts?

What is your opinion of those magnificent garments that Scottish people favour - kilts?

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/spiffingcheese/IMAG0004.jpg

Psychotic
07-02-2006, 06:53 PM
I think I'm supposed to hate Scotland because I'm English, and they all certainly hate us, but I think most of us English folk laugh at their dislike of us, because we have bigger fish to fry.

As for kilts they're just plaid skirts. Calling them kilts does not make them manly.

mooglebunni608
07-02-2006, 07:00 PM
my friend has a utila-kilt from HotTopic.... it looks... interesting? :I

~SapphireStar~
07-02-2006, 07:01 PM
I think they look nicer on women then men.
http://www.scotlandshop.net/images/uploads/billie-skirt-stewart-royal.jpg

ZeZipster
07-02-2006, 08:00 PM
I use to wear plaid when it was trendy in the '90s. Wait, actually that was flannel.

Levian
07-02-2006, 09:16 PM
It's funny when Scots get wind up their kilt. (http://www.hollstein.de/Lisa2a.gif)

Shoden
07-02-2006, 09:21 PM
I got put up in court in York Dungeons for shooting a Scot on a monday. It's withinEnglish culture to auto hate the Scottish (males) Girls with kilts are hot. David Tennant is just err... dumb.

SammieBabe
07-02-2006, 09:30 PM
My limited experiences with both kilts and Scots have been favorable...:)

Leeza
07-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Me too, SammieBabe. And I have never wanted to kill a Scotsman. They have such cool sounding accents. :)

Shauna
07-02-2006, 09:50 PM
I think they look nicer on women then men.
http://www.scotlandshop.net/images/uploads/billie-skirt-stewart-royal.jpg

That's just a tartan skirt. xD Which is essentially what a kilt is, but kilts are for MEN. If a man's wearing a tartan skirt - kilt just means skirt, really - then it's a kilt. :) If it's a girl, it's just a tartan skirt. xD

Basically, kilts are for men. :cool: And they wear those cool white socks too. :D

I've never had much experience with kilts - I've never been to a wedding or anything, I've only seen men playing bagpipes with kilts on. :D They're pretty cool, I suppose. ^_^ If I were to get married, I'd want my fiancee to wear a kilt. Just because they're cool. xD

Me too, SammieBabe. And I have never wanted to kill a Scotsman. They have such cool sounding accents. :)

Damn straight they do, and so do the rest of us Scots.

Oh, and I wouldn't want to kill a Scot. It's just wrong, KILLING ANOTHER SCOT! >=o

Shoden
07-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Some of the violence of the north dwells here in Tyneside even, that's one thing I love the stereotypical scots for, their undying thirst for chaos. I'm actually part Scottish though.

Rye
07-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Leave Shauna alone. ;___;

Old Manus
07-02-2006, 10:40 PM
I can't understand a word of what they're saying anyway. I mean, at least the Welsh accent is understandable.

Anaisa
07-02-2006, 11:00 PM
I think kilts are a good thing, because men look funny in skirts.

Shauna
07-03-2006, 12:12 AM
Leave Shauna alone. ;___;

:love:

Yamaneko
07-03-2006, 01:26 AM
I think they're just mad that everyone gets them confused with the Irish.

Jings
07-03-2006, 02:40 AM
Wore my (rented) trusty kilt on a number of occasions now, weddings and prom night to be precise. Haven't dared to go true Scotsman yet as there is always someone who comes up behind you and lifts it for the world to see, those who wear nothing underneath normally flash themselves before the night's out anyway :S

And Psychotic please, we dont hate the English. Just your football team, condolences by the way :P

41-Inches-Wide
07-03-2006, 03:15 AM
I have never been near to a guy in a skirt- or kilt.
Nor have I heard someone talking in a Scottish accent.
(I'm just too far away.)

So I can't make a decision whether I would like to kill a Scot, since I have to see a kilt and hear a Scottish accent before anything else. :3

Shoden
07-03-2006, 10:25 AM
I think they're just mad that everyone gets them confused with the Irish.
Well who wouldn't be mad if they got confused with the Irish? (except the Irish themselves) Scotland itself is a cool place to visit.

blue phoenix
07-03-2006, 11:44 AM
hello N.Irish here, and were offended to be called Scots, however we all know were the most intelligent nation in the UK so, the jokes on the rest of you. and at least Scotland sorta gets our history, and is able to distinguish that Ireland is divided unlike most english ppl.

"Im from Belfast"
"OMG!!! Youre Irish"
"Well..no..im N.Irish/British"
"so youre Irish"
"......"

ive had that conversation many a time and simply have to give up trying.

i do not lie- on those Test the Nation things, Ni came out on top

oh and a tip for you English, Scottish haters. this is also the gospel truth, its a legal loophole.

In York it is still legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow (but not on Sundays!!!!)

EDIT- and whilst were at it, our rubbish football team managed to beat Englands and they thought they could win the world cup? psh.

41-Inches-Wide
07-04-2006, 04:06 AM
I think the Irish are the sexiest people in the world.
Or maybe I have been reading too much Nora Roberts / Maeve Binchy novels.

Sylvie
07-04-2006, 05:15 AM
Kilts creepy. Bagpipes are creepy. Scottsmen are creepy.

Sephex
07-04-2006, 06:38 AM
I don't care if they are worn by traditional means. But when people wear them to try to be all hipster like, that kind of pisses me off.

Loony BoB
07-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Kilts are okay, but I don't have the legs for 'em. However my girlfriend insists that someday I will be wearing one, so uh, we'll see.

And yeah, I don't agree with the "kilts are just skirts being worn by guys" thing because I don't think that a kilt is a proper kilt unless it's got the sporran, is made of twill woven worsted wool and must have a tartan pattern on it, which should be represent a clan or other such group.

Also, the Irish and Welsh also have kilts, it might be worth noting.

EDIT: Also, I agree with Sephex.

ScottNUMBERS
07-05-2006, 12:20 AM
It's an excuse for manly men to dress like pansies imo

Jings
07-05-2006, 12:24 AM
It's an excuse for manly men to dress like panzies imo

Yes, im sure all those Scottish soldiers who wore kilts in WW1 etc wanted to look like pansies.

ScottNUMBERS
07-05-2006, 12:35 AM
It's an excuse for manly men to dress like panzies imo

Yes, im sure all those Scottish soldiers who wore kilts in WW1 etc wanted to look like pansies.
I think you're wrong, I don't think they wanted to look like pansies.

I bet they did though!

PyroManiak
07-05-2006, 12:35 AM
if I were u I wouldnt say that cuz the scotish ppl WILL beat you with a toaster- and no im not scottish what I can tell you is toasters hurt :(

ScottNUMBERS
07-05-2006, 12:43 AM
They would? :(

Thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it mucly. Remind me never to knock the Scottish ever again.

Mr. Graves
07-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Eh, I'd never wear a kilt, it'd just be too embarrassing. :eep: That's social conditioning on this side of the pond for you.

Shauna
07-05-2006, 01:56 AM
And yeah, I don't agree with the "kilts are just skirts being worn by guys" thing because I don't think that a kilt is a proper kilt unless it's got the sporran, is made of twill woven worsted wool and must have a tartan pattern on it, which should be represent a clan or other such group.

It's probably more trouble than it's worth going into detail about what a kilt really is, because a kilt was originally a piece of tartan material -different tartan for different clans -, for men, worn around the body - a woman had something similar, but it was called something else.

You could go on for days about the specifics for what a kilt is, but in the end, people will always see it as a tartan skirt worn by men with a little purse type thing on it. :p

Arrianna
07-07-2006, 03:19 AM
My brother was a piper in University and I loved watching his pipe band. Those guys were HOT! Girls, you don't know what you're missing.