PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't they remake the Chocobo Theme?

Peter_20
07-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Alright, I usually love the Chocobo Theme, but not so in this game.
The chorus is missing, the most important part of the song, and that makes the Chocobo Theme in this game incredibly dull and irritating.
You hear this short verse over and over and over and over and over again while riding around, and it's so obvious that something's missing.
Now I wonder why they didn't remake it for the Origins, because I see no reason not doing so.

Sefie1999AD
07-03-2006, 09:43 AM
It seems SE didn't really want to make totally new versions of their songs in the remakes. For example, the Prelude in FF Origins doesn't have the chorus part either, only the crystal harp. It also bothers me that the Chocobo theme being so overly short in FFII, it gets repetitive quickly. I'd also have liked FFII to have the Finale theme (Love Will Grow) as either orchestrated (like in FF Symphonic Suite) or vocal (like in FF Vocal Collection 2).

Peter_20
07-03-2006, 03:30 PM
the Prelude in FF Origins doesn't have the chorus part either, only the crystal harp.The Prelude is beautiful without the symphony thing, but Chocobo Theme obviously needs a chorus.

I honestly can't see why correcting something that would enhance gameplay should be avoided.
And actually, they remade the Overworld Theme, so why didn't they touch the Chocobo Theme? :mad: