PDA

View Full Version : Cloud v Sephiroth

rross46
07-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Sorry if this has been posted before.

I had recently read a plot analysis of 7, which said that the only time you see the real Sephiroth is during the final battle.

However my original interpretation of the final battle was that it was a symbolic fight, Cloud jounreying inwards to defeat the part of Sephiroth inside him, which allowed him to control him.

The reason I thought this was due to the way which you go to him, through the tunnel of light. I have seen this used as a visual metaphor for going inward before. The fight too is really easy, if it had to be the real Sephiroth, I would have thought he would be stronger than that. Also when it ends and Tifa's hand is out stretched, it is as if Cloud never actually moved.

Now possibley Tifa followed him through the light tunnel, but you never see this.

So what do you guys think?. About the final battle, was it actually Sephiroth or was it just a symbolic fight?.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
07-03-2006, 01:57 PM
If it was a real fight why didn't any of the others help him?

blue phoenix
07-03-2006, 02:32 PM
it was in his mind, removing Sephiroths influence over him

Emerald weapon
07-03-2006, 03:03 PM
it was in his mind, removing Sephiroths influence over him
twas indeed,the wormhole was his memory,did you not hear the golden saucer music?

rross46
07-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Glad to see someone agrees with me :). I got slated on another forum for asking people about this.

Xurts
07-03-2006, 08:43 PM
The fight was real. After Safer Sephiroth had been defeated, Sephiroth was still not completely destroyed. He attempted to control Cloud like he had done in the past so he could block Holy.

That battle was a battle of wills, and Cloud won. Sephiroth failed to control him. That's why he never moved from where he was standing, he fought Sephiroth mentally.

rross46
07-08-2006, 11:16 AM
The fight was real. After Safer Sephiroth had been defeated, Sephiroth was still not completely destroyed. He attempted to control Cloud like he had done in the past so he could block Holy.

That battle was a battle of wills, and Cloud won. Sephiroth failed to control him. That's why he never moved from where he was standing, he fought Sephiroth mentally.
So it was a mental fight, not a real fight.

Rodney
07-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh, so that's what that was. I just thought Sephiroth wasn't completely defeated.

the_lunchbox
07-08-2006, 06:19 PM
I lost on the fight at the end before...i tried defending twice and he killed me:eep:

Rodney
07-08-2006, 08:52 PM
I lost on the fight at the end before...i tried defending twice and he killed me:eep:
How do you lose on that fight?

Xurts
07-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Here is an excerpt from The Maiden Who Travels the Planet. It is a story about what happenes to Aeris after she dies.

But only Cloud knew about his retreat. Having been exposed to Jenova's cells, there were traces of Sephiroth's conscious in him - Part of his conscious resonated with it. Cloud could feel the existence of his remnant somewhere inside the Lifestream, continuing to obstruct Holy even now.

Letting only his conscious enter the Sea of Mako, Cloud went in pursuit of him. Riding through the currents, his old enemy was waiting for him. Sephiroth's soul was not yet destroyed and was still a threat to the Planet.

In the world of conscious energy, their swords clashed with each other as they confronted. Sephiroth, the strongest Soldier and the most admired person, tore his long sword across Cloud like a beam of light. But Cloud wasn't afraid. Believing that he had won, Sephiroth raised his long sword for his next strike and at that instant, Cloud struck out at him unleashing all the strength he had. His large blade slashed into Sephiroth's body during that brief opening. His attack opened up another opportunity for him as he struck out at Sephiroth again. It was an unstoppable storm of slashes - fifteen unavoidable attacks one after the other, cut through Sephiroth.

The mad apostate angel smiled boldly. But the damage he had taken was far beyond what he could endure and his spiritual body started to fall apart as he laughed. Beams of light blasted out from inside his body as if they were cutting him apart. Sephiroth was destroyed. Cloud's nightmare that had been continuing since five years ago in Nibelheim finally came to an end.

The Holy that was no longer obstructed immediately came into action.

This time, Cloud had separated from his body and was now in an absentminded state but, in the abyss of the Mako world, he saw a hand there to guide him. It was white and delicate - it reminded him of the hand that gave him a flower in Midgar. Unconsciously, he stretched out his hand...

His conscious returned to his body. Tifa’s hand grasped his as the ground below him collapsed away.

blue phoenix
07-09-2006, 02:02 PM
you cant lose on that fight. Defend and he automatically counterattacks