PDA

View Full Version : Favorite final boss in any video game, ever.

Zeromus_X
07-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Okay, maybe more than one. Besides Zeromus:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/TOP0000.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/TOP0010.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/TOP0014.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/TOP0016.jpg

Lawr
07-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Zeromus.

starseeker
07-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Kefka

Roto13
07-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Wind Waker Ganondorf.

oddler
07-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Dulk Dekt from Ys.

Lawr
07-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Zeromus.

Carmilla
07-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Kefka

The boss was three screens tall! Plus the awesome graphics of the sky and the epic score was memorable. :mog:

Cruise Control
07-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Dr. Wily, Khallos from timesplitters is close though.

Raebus
07-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Jowy from suikoden 2, mainly for the emotionalness. :3

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - Dracula
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake - Big Boss
Demon Castle Dracula X: Rondo of Blood - Dracula
Super Metroid - Mother Brain
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles - Dr. Eggman
Final Fantasy VII - Sepher Sephiroth
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Ganon
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel - Black Arts Viper
ICO - The Queen
Sonic Adventure 2 - The Finalhazard
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Ganondorf
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Dark Samus
Shadow of the Colossus - Malus
I thought about most of the games I've ever played, and it's kind of disappointing how rarely final bosses are the exhilarating and climactic experiences they ought to be.

Dell
07-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Most favourite: I like the wolf in Suikoden 2 (Beast Rune). They freaks me out!
FF: Kefka, Kuja and Sephiroth
Others: Shizel (TOD2), Vaclav (TOL), Schwartz (TOL) and Nerifes (TOL), mainly because Tales of Legendia theme is too best.....for me.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-03-2006, 06:46 PM
The Shadow Queen (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door) would take my pick, as she's much harder than most final bosses I've fought.

Diddy21
07-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Final Fantasy 7 - Sephiroth

Medi
07-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Metroid Prime 2 - Mutated Emperor Ing/Dark Samus (both of them are awesome)

Metroid II - Metroid Queen (love that song, it sounds kinda evilll, and bombing that stupid thing's stomach is the best thing ever)

Super Metroid - Mother Brain (It's a sad moment, and I love pwning her via Hyper Beam)

Final Fantasy - Chaos (I've always found it fun, for some odd reason)

Final Fantasy VI - Kefka (Hands down... the best)

Final Fantasy X - Yu Yevon (way too easy, but the music is again catchy)

Dreddz
07-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Rez's last boss ( forget name )
FFVII's Sephiroth
Dark Chronicle's Dark Genie

Shin Gouken
07-03-2006, 07:12 PM
My favorite bosses are never the final bosses

EDIT: Though i do enjoy fighting the SA-X and Omega metroid in metroid fusion

Moon Rabbits
07-03-2006, 07:40 PM
The Queen in ICO was unbelievably fun to fight, not to mention the pretty effects in the battle.

Ares in God of War.

Maria and Claudia in Silent Hill 2 and 3 respectively.

Lawr
07-04-2006, 01:06 AM
Zeromus.

FF4 Advance-Zeromus.

I also like reccuring bosses

Legend of Dragoon-Lloyd

Oh yeah Dark Cloud 2-Shadow Elemental
The Gigantic Meteor in the background is a nice effect. It lets you know
your're screwed even if you win.

JaytodaP
07-04-2006, 01:24 AM
Nemesis from Resident Evil 3. He annoys the hell outta you for the whole game and you get sweet revenge at the end.

Kefka also but i havent played it in a looooooooong time because the load times are unbearable. (10 seconds to get to the status screen)

LunaticPandora37
07-04-2006, 01:41 AM
Xemnas from KH2....

Necron from FF9

Vermachtnis
07-04-2006, 02:20 AM
The 50ft. Robo Pres. (Destroy All Humans!)
Jenna Angel (SMT: Digital Devil Saga)
Mother Brain (Super Metroid)
Luthor (Star Ocean 3)
Susano-O (Shadow Hearts: Covenant)
Galacticmon (Digimon World 3)

Lawr
07-04-2006, 02:26 AM
Lazarus(Hero) or the Angel(Villain) in Darkwatch

Zeromus.

Ramza Beoulve
07-04-2006, 04:31 AM
Megaman X5's Sigma's Final Form (God, he's a Monster!)
Kefka
Super Metroid's Mother Brain
Metroid Fusion's Omega Metroid and SA-X
Nemesis
Metal Gear REX
Any Castlevania's Dracula

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-04-2006, 05:24 AM
Metal Gear REXNot a final boss.

NeoCracker
07-04-2006, 05:34 AM
Legend of Zelda: Windwaker - Gannondorf
Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinestrals - Daos, Mastor of Terror
Chrono Trigger - Lavos
Earthbound - Gygas
Paper Mario - Bowser (DOn't know why, but it is)
Star Fox 64 - Whatever the monkey's name was, I forgot it.

But of those that arn't main bosses, Asgard the Divine Fortress of Wild Arms 3. He was awsome, plus a great character.

fantasyjunkie
07-04-2006, 05:44 AM
Final Fantasy 7 - Sephiroth, the music just went right along with that fight.

Lawr
07-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Chrono Trigger-Lavos Core (Form 2)

Final Fantasy 4-Zeromus

Roto13
07-04-2006, 06:53 AM
That giant head thingy - Baten Kaitos.

Reine
07-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Mithos Yggrasil - Tales of Symphonia
Li-Grim - FFTA
Dr. Nefarious - Rachet and Clank 3
Indalecio - Star Ocean 2

Im sure theres many others ive missed, but those are all battles i really enjoyed

Rengori
07-04-2006, 09:10 AM
Master Lamington - Disgaea
Sturm - Advance Wars (The mission was called "The Final Battle!" I don't care if Eagle and Andy put their soldiers through more hell than necisary at the end.)
Zeromus - FFIV

Reine
07-04-2006, 09:28 AM
I totally forgot about Baphomet from Doom 2 and Final Doom...man, talk about a hectic battle

Zarniwoop
07-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Golden Hydra-Suikoden 1
Ruby Weapon-Final Fantasy VII

Ramza Beoulve
07-04-2006, 04:42 PM
Metal Gear REXNot a final boss.

Then let it be Liquid Snake :cool:

KentaRawr!
07-04-2006, 08:03 PM
Ganondorf - Wind Waker
Ganon - Ocarina of Time
Dark Samus - Metroid Prime 2
The giant... thing - Sonic Adventure 2

And finally...

Bowser - Super Mario Sunshine, because his voice actor was so terrible. :thumb:

charliepanayi
07-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Ultimecia - Final Fantasy VIII

Nicely epic battle, with the music to match.

Venom
07-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Ziek Tuvai from the first Wild Arms.

bipper
07-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Kefka

By far. The use of Art and diolouge was supurb. I did like Safer- Seph, because using the entire party was kinda cool, though I thought it coulda been executed better.

Whatever I fought at the end of BoFII does pretty well, as I liked the bit of dialouge before hand.

Bipper

Galbadian Soldier
07-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Ganondorf - Loz:WW and OoT

Vegnagun - FF X-2

Gruntilda -Banjo and Kazooie

Kuja -FF IX

NeoCracker
07-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Kefka

By far. The use of Art and diolouge was supurb. I did like Safer- Seph, because using the entire party was kinda cool, though I thought it coulda been executed better.

Whatever I fought at the end of BoFII does pretty well, as I liked the bit of dialouge before hand.

Bipper
I completely forgot about BoFII.

Deathaven I believe he was called in the end, but the ones who played through the game know him by another name, St. Evans

drunkymonkey
07-04-2006, 10:24 PM
I really liked the dragon bloke from Tekken 3, but the Crow git from Timesplitters Future Perfect wins it for me.

4evarisha
07-04-2006, 11:07 PM
I like Yu Yevon in FFX.

NeoCracker
07-04-2006, 11:15 PM
I like Yu Yevon in FFX.
He was no final boss, everyone has auto-life on them when the fight starts, at least I think thats what those halo's were.

Braska's Final Aeon is the final fight in my mind.

DanteV9
07-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Ganondorf/Ganon, Ocarina of Time. No, he kinds ties with GS's and GS:TLA's last bosses. I forgot the final boss in RE 4. I absolutely LOVED that battle.

Alixsar
07-05-2006, 12:13 AM
I don't understand why some of you are saying you thought Wind Waker's final boss was good. I love WW, don't get me wrong, but I was really disappointed by all of the boss fights in that game. It might just be because I play a lot of Zelda, but there was never even a second where I thought that I might die during any of the boss fights. They seemed very anti-climatic and painfully easy to me. Especially Ganondorf, he was ridiculously easy I thought.

But anyway, the fight with The Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater is probably my favorite boss fight of all time. The set up for the fight is great, the area you fight her in looks outstanding, and the fight itself is an epic experience. It really was the perfect way to end what I consider to be nearly a perfect game. The number of ways you can beat The Boss is another reason why I love it.

Honorable Mention:
Ganon - Ocarina of Time: Not very difficult, but a very awesome fight. I still get goosebumps when he breaks through the pile of rubble to this day.
Zophar (the last form especially, the one with all the heads) - Lunar 2: Lunar 2 is hard. REALLY hard. Zophar's attacks are incredibly easy to predict, but even when you know what's coming his overwhelming power makes this an extremely hard fight. And knowing that you've finally beaten Lunar 2 is very satisfying indeed. And yes, I realize there's the epilogue which is even harder, but there's a reason why I made my friend play through it while I hung out at his house for the weekend.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot fighting games. I like basically every SNK boss there is because they're typically so insanely strong that fighting one feels unfair. Order Sol from Guilty Gear XX Slash is alright, Night Terror from Soul Calibur III is awesome.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-05-2006, 05:33 AM
I don't understand why some of you are saying you thought Wind Waker's final boss was good. I love WW, don't get me wrong, but I was really disappointed by all of the boss fights in that game. It might just be because I play a lot of Zelda, but there was never even a second where I thought that I might die during any of the boss fights. They seemed very anti-climatic and painfully easy to me. Especially Ganondorf, he was ridiculously easy I thought.It's true that Ganondorf was pretty easy, but just like Ganon in Ocarina of Time, what made the fight great was the atmosphere. For Ganon, it was the dramatic music that perfectly conveyed a sense of "final clash of good and evil"; the flashes of lightning that provided very brief glimpses at the monstrous beast before you; and the simple fact that, after a game-long set-up, Ganondorf had finally fulfilled what we knew what was going to happen from A Link to the Past's backstory: transform into Ganon, the King of Evil.

In The Wind Waker, it was that this hulking tyrant had finally lost his cool and was going after these two kids with a sword in each hand; the rain falling, which was actually the ocean up above starting to leak into the sealed-off Hyrule; and that finale, where the gameplay seamlessly segued into his death scene, with the Master Sword in the forehead and everything.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Nohman inside Auuman Anubis - Zone of the Enders 2: the Second Runner

This is an amazingly fun and cinematic fight to cap off an amazingly fun and cinematic game. Really, you could consider the "final" boss to be the battle right before it where you face off against Anubis at full power inside of an energy stream with a severely crippled Jehuty. But this battle, this battle is the battle where both runners have achieved the utter perfection of their already formidable orbital frames. This is the defining battle, where you know already that you've surpassed Nohman's skills, and where you get to pull out all of the stops and TAKE HIM DOWN.

I especially loved how even at the end, Nohman is defiant and scornful. As Dingo screams at him for sacrificing his old unit and his friends, Nohman simply laughs and delivers one of the better villain lines.

"Those scum died so ungracefully! I wanted to see it with my own eyes!"

I also especially like how the game gives you control of Jehuty once more to deliver the final blow.

NeoCracker
07-05-2006, 08:44 AM
I don't understand why some of you are saying you thought Wind Waker's final boss was good. I love WW, don't get me wrong, but I was really disappointed by all of the boss fights in that game. It might just be because I play a lot of Zelda, but there was never even a second where I thought that I might die during any of the boss fights. They seemed very anti-climatic and painfully easy to me. Especially Ganondorf, he was ridiculously easy I thought.It's true that Ganondorf was pretty easy, but just like Ganon in Ocarina of Time, what made the fight great was the atmosphere. For Ganon, it was the dramatic music that perfectly conveyed a sense of "final clash of good and evil"; the flashes of lightning that provided very brief glimpses at the monstrous beast before you; and the simple fact that, after a game-long set-up, Ganondorf had finally fulfilled what we knew what was going to happen from A Link to the Past's backstory: transform into Ganon, the King of Evil.

In The Wind Waker, it was that this hulking tyrant had finally lost his cool and was going after these two kids with a sword in each hand; the rain falling, which was actually the ocean up above starting to leak into the sealed-off Hyrule; and that finale, where the gameplay seamlessly segued into his death scene, with the Master Sword in the forehead and everything.
The onlything I'd add to this is I enjoyed in the end fighting Ganon himself, and not some transormed monstrocity like the others in the end. Don't get me wrong, they were all awsome. But I enjoyed ending fighting just plain old Ganondorf.

ThundagAuron
07-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Virgil from Devil May Cry 3 on pretty much any difficulty. (except Easy)

Also, yes, The Boss in MGS3 is probably one of the best, if not the best, boss battles ever.

Jessweeee♪
07-05-2006, 05:44 PM
Oh dear...don't hurt me for saying this:

Mine would have to be FFX, from Sin's fins all the way to Yu Yevon. Of the games I've played this one had the best soundtrack and was the most fun :D (plus the auto-life halos looked awesome)

I didn't like FFVII much, but I loved the music while fighting sephiroth.

and FFVIII wasn't that difficult, but it was fun.

KH2, would be my next favorite after FFX and after that Tekken 3.

Alixsar
07-05-2006, 09:43 PM

The onlything I'd add to this is I enjoyed in the end fighting Ganon himself, and not some transormed monstrocity like the others in the end. Don't get me wrong, they were all awsome. But I enjoyed ending fighting just plain old Ganondorf.

I completely understand all of that, but...he was so friggin' easy. It was an awesome fight, but I never even got hit. Not once. Well maybe once, it was a few years ago I don't remember, but that was probably it. It really took me out of the experience. The set up was great, and I really loved the entire "under the ocean" thing from the first time I went down there, but if he really was fufilling his destiny etc. shouldn't he be able to at least hurt me? Even a little bit? And as awesome as it was, I still prefer the OoT Ganon fight. Maybe it's just me but doing backflips to dodge his sword, having him hit a piece of castle rubble shattering it to a billion pieces, and running around in a ring of fire while a storm rages outsides and Zelda watches helplessly as you do all of this without your trusty sword seems a little bit cooler to me.

black orb
07-06-2006, 08:24 AM
>>> Not that Im a fan of those characters, the final battles against them is what I really like..
Chaos - FF1
X-Death - FF5
Zophar - Lunar 2

KentaRawr!
07-06-2006, 09:00 AM
It's true that Ganondorf was pretty easy, but just like Ganon in Ocarina of Time, what made the fight great was the atmosphere. For Ganon, it was the dramatic music that perfectly conveyed a sense of "final clash of good and evil"; the flashes of lightning that provided very brief glimpses at the monstrous beast before you; and the simple fact that, after a game-long set-up, Ganondorf had finally fulfilled what we knew what was going to happen from A Link to the Past's backstory: transform into Ganon, the King of Evil.

:-/ You just explained the end of Zelda: The Wind Waker without a spoiler warning. D00d. Of course, that is to be expected in a topic about Final Bosses. But to stay on-topic...

I also liked the Final Boss of Chrono Trigger. It was like, funky-licious. :D

Swifthom
07-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Hmm...
Sonic Adventure 2, I think it was called Final Hazard... big giant lizard, end of the world, super sonic space battle, voices in the background, switching between two characters and great controls...
Back when that was ORIGINAL :p (pouts at how every Sonic game since has copied it, and it itself copied the game before...)

Wind Waker, yeah, that's quite good. The atmosphere's everything, even if he only poses a threat if you muck around.

But...
No, I think I'll settle for those two.
Um...
Yeah.

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Deus and Urobolus from Xenogears. My favorite RPG ever, so it's pretty natural my favorite final boss would come from that game.

NeoCracker
07-09-2006, 06:21 AM
Patriarch from Xenosage II. The fact I got to beat up a guy who looked like a Catholic priest was awsome, also it was quite fun to fight. I won't call the fight after it a real fight, cause I don't thing its possible to loose that fight.