PDA

View Full Version : Where do you hide your diary?

Parker
07-03-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm serious.

I've just started a diary and I know it is a really girly thing to do but I want to be able to look back when I'm older and see what an idiot/god I was.

Trouble is, I don't really want my family or especially my friends to see it. There is simply too much material that could potentially be blackmail-fodder. :)

Where the hell can I hide it?

Christmas
07-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Hide it in my house. I will LOOK after it for you. :mwahaha:

Parker
07-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Christmas I'm getting a bad vibe from your Location, customer user title and signature.

Sorry I don't think you are suitable to look after anything of mine which is pretty much full of love :)

Christmas
07-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Never judge a MEMBER by Location, customer user title and signature.

I am a very NICE and HONEST person.

CRAPTASTIC AVENGER
07-03-2006, 06:53 PM
I hide mine behind the toilet, Or If you want to go all secret agent cut a hole in your matress and make sure you cover it up with your sheets.

MageLuingil
07-03-2006, 06:57 PM
I hide mine right out in plane sight in my bookcase. Oh wait ... that's not hidden, is it?

But then, I don't have much in there I don't want people to read, and the little there is is written in my secret alphabet I made up a long time ago, so it's not readable anyway :P

Rye
07-03-2006, 06:58 PM
I have an online journal. :p I could never do the pen & paper diary thing, because I have awful handwriting and my parents are horribly nosy.

mooglebunni608
07-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I have an e-diary, because my sister kept finding/reading my old ones. It's a lot easier to keep track of too.

Parker
07-03-2006, 07:03 PM
I have an online journal. :p I could never do the pen & paper diary thing, because I have awful handwriting and my parents are horribly nosy.

One of the reasons I'm writing a pen and paper is to try improve my handwriting, spelling and grammar and so on, which has declined thanks to the internets :)

Also, my mother found my internet diary once and laughed at me for it and I never updated it anyway.

Leen-Leen
07-03-2006, 07:05 PM
I just keep mine in my dresser. I don't have brothers or sisters so there's not really a worry about someone coming into my room and finding it. And my parents aren't like that -- i don't think they're that nosy.

But i don't really write much in there anyway.

eemica
07-03-2006, 07:11 PM
I keep mine on my night stand next to my bed. But, I don't write in it that much. I tried making one online, but I have AOL..and my parents can check where I go--so I didn't want them to read it and me all "WTF?" or w/e. So I use Word. And hide it in a special folder then put a lock code on it. :]

starseeker
07-03-2006, 07:16 PM
I've never kept a diary. I almost have a phobia of putting my thoughts onto paper in case some one finds it. I'm a bit paranoid.

StarChild
07-03-2006, 07:24 PM
I keep my diary in my purse. I'm sure it's not the BEST place for it, but at least I know where it is at all times.

Jess
07-03-2006, 07:34 PM
I used to keep a diary, not anymore. It was an online journal, too. :jess:

Zeromus_X
07-03-2006, 07:36 PM
I've never kept a diary. It'd be too boring. Except for the person who deciphers the secret code and uncovers the startling revelation/plot twist and fits all the pieces together.

Madonna
07-03-2006, 08:13 PM
It's far easier to leave a journal in plain sight than hide it. You never have to worry about a location being discovered, you never forget where it went, and the more you see it, the more likely you will remember to use it.

Plus, I find it easy to walk up and take a journal back if someone saw it and decided to browse through it. It is not their business and they should have better manners.

Jojee
07-03-2006, 08:26 PM
http://livejournal.com

I used to have a written diary :3 It was very emo. It's sad because I watched the I Must be Emo video with Cloud in it and my diary had some of the same things in it ;-; I was 10-11, though xD Then one of my IRL friends found it, read it, and started making fun of me, and I got soo pissed at him. xD He ended up going emo that I wasn't talking to him and ran away and his parents had to send the cops to look for him, tehee. That's another story, though e_e

Zeldy
07-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Ive tried in the past to do a handwritten diary but I get lazy and forget to update it; I don't post important stuff in my LJ as I can't be bothered. My parent's are awfully nosy so that dosn't help

Hide it under your bed or under your pillow.

rubah
07-03-2006, 09:12 PM
I hide mine in a sketch book.

Faris
07-03-2006, 09:12 PM
I hide it on the internet. I can't have a real diary, I'd re-read it and think how stupid I was and rip the pages out.

Reine
07-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Im too cool for for a diary.

Seriously though, ive never understood why people bother with them. At high school, we had these homework diary things, but I never used mine. left it at home after I got it, and never used it.

Closest thing to a diary I have is my MSN Space, wich I update every two monhs or so if I can be bothered, and even then, its random /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif thats entirely uninteresting...

Besides, its common knowledge that your parents and siblings are going to desperatly try and find it and read it...keep it in your head..

VoodooChild
07-03-2006, 09:37 PM

Online journal? Cant others view that though...? If not, are you using like a special site dedicated to online journals?

Sergeant Hartman
07-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Don't have one, if I did i'd put it with other books.

Where's the best place to hide a tree?
A forest.
Where's the best place to hide a car?
Carpark.

Shlup
07-03-2006, 10:02 PM
I have no idea where my old diary is.

-N-
07-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Oh right, sorry Shlup.
Just PM me your address and I'll mail it back to you.
Or I suppose I could just drive there now.

Dixie
07-03-2006, 10:20 PM
One is hiding in my sig, and the other is in my HUGE box of Pokemon stuff. ^_^

Spiffing Cheese
07-03-2006, 10:27 PM
I can't have a real diary, I'd re-read it and think how stupid I was and rip the pages out.

My thoughts exactly. xD

I haven't had a diary since I was nine, and even then it didn't go past about four pages. I can't remember where I hid it. Mmm. I have an LJ, but that's hardly the same thing as other people can view it, and I don't post anything REALLY personal in it. And I don't HIDE my LJ! Actually, I suppose I do. It's friends only. :p

Twisted Tinkerbell
07-03-2006, 10:43 PM
I keep a diary, I keep mine lying around, as no one would dare read it. Except last Christmas when I was away and my bedroom was raided by my mum's boyfriend's kids. I haven't seen either of them to beat them senseless for it though (yet).

Jojee
07-03-2006, 10:51 PM
I lost my old diary too XD It was ages like 10-13 when I stopped writing in it and now I wonder about some of the things I wrote and I want to read it and feel stupid, but I dunno where it is... :shifty:

Yuffie514
07-04-2006, 02:21 AM
i have several, larger journals, which are really more like a collection of drawings, poetry, and other miscellaneous things. while not quite a diary, they all share a common fact: being hidden under a close space next to my bed. read them, and weep...

GooeyToast
07-04-2006, 02:45 AM
In an underwater cave o_0

Craig
07-04-2006, 02:49 AM
I keep mine in my pants.

41-Inches-Wide
07-04-2006, 04:02 AM
Online Journal for me.

But if I did have a diary, I prolly would've been hiding it on my dirty laundry basket.

Madame Adequate
07-04-2006, 04:23 AM
In my brain.

The Summoner of Leviathan
07-04-2006, 04:27 AM
Closes thing to a diary I have is my LJ.

Sylvie
07-04-2006, 04:39 AM
I don't have a diary. If I did, I would hide it somewhere in/under my bed.

Shaun
07-04-2006, 09:21 AM
I'd like to keep a diary... but, is there really a point? For the offline diary I have nothing interesting to write about and I'd have to limit it as there's a possibility of my parents finding it. For an online diary, nobody would read it so why bother?

Captain Maxx Power
07-04-2006, 11:34 AM
I've never had a diary, simply because I wouldn't have enough interesting stuff to put into it on a daily basis. The only thing I know how to write about is funny stuff. If nothing funny happened, or something obscure enough for me to twist into something resembling hilarity, then I'd be stuck. So no diary hiding tips from me.

Loony BoB
07-04-2006, 11:41 AM

Online journal? Cant others view that though...? If not, are you using like a special site dedicated to online journals?
LiveJournal, among many other websites, allows for private entries, entries viewable to only those that you wish to see it (provided they also have an account) and public entries. A very large amount of EoFFers use LiveJournal - including myself. So that's where I 'hide' my diary, so to speak. Private LJ entries.

Polaris
07-04-2006, 01:01 PM
I hide it in my bedside table but the is always with me!

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
07-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Hide it in my house. I will LOOK after it for you. :mwahaha:
Hehe... yup..

I hide it in the back of one of my speakers. Its mounted on the wayy above a load of shelves so noone would look. I hardly ever write in it though.. just to moan about how much the world screws me over or about how much I hate the human race... which is every few weeks.. :D

Parker
07-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Currently it is hiding under my bed and since it has a black cover it is well hidden in the shadows.

Thanks for the suggestions, they are much more cost effective than my "hidden at the center of a labyrinth full of death-traps" idea. :D

Levian
07-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Glue blank papers on the written pages in Gone With The Wind. They will never find it.

Resha
07-04-2006, 11:17 PM
I have like 6 ancient diaries, each endowed with varying degrees of stupidity, puberty and naivety. They all suck and I cringe when reading over them. Sometimes phrases and thoughts from those diaries come to me in the middle of the night and I writhe.

I have tons of diaries -- and I don't really hide them. They're just scattered around my room, and everyone is too nice to read them. :) Someone once told me that only "sensitive people have diaries", so I guess I'm super-sensitive. I have like 2 running simultaneously. @_@

I have an LJ but that's a pretty pink cess-pool. :D

And HOW?

PyroManiak
07-05-2006, 12:07 AM
lol diarys... thoughts are better unwritten

kikimm
07-05-2006, 02:19 AM
I hide it on the internet. I can't have a real diary, I'd re-read it and think how stupid I was and rip the pages out.

But isn't it exactly the same thing with an LJ?

I have one, and it's sitting in my drawer. I'm not too worried about people reading it now, cause I'm past the REAL immature phase with friends, and my mom respects my privacy a bit more. But I know she used to read it all the time, and read it to my grandparents and stuff. It was weird.

Mitch
07-05-2006, 03:04 AM
Mine sits in my drawer and gets written in about once every 2 months when I either find a new woman or get rid of an old woman. Other than that it serves no purpose. Nobody reads it 'cos nobody cares.

K-chan
07-05-2006, 09:01 PM
My vent doesn't work, so I pop the lid and hide things there. I don't use my diary for writing about myself really; I just end up drawing in the damned thing. ^____^ But I'd rather not have my parents prying into what's in it anyways.

Or you could put your diary in the most obvious place: between your mattresses. Or in your sock/underwear/whatever drawer.

Venom
07-05-2006, 09:03 PM
I dont have a diary.

~SapphireStar~
07-07-2006, 12:09 AM
I use to hide mine underneath my matress, then my mum discovered it, read it and told everyone I had written about what I had said about them ...
I was horrified and people werent happy at her for invading my privacy, no matter what I had written.

theundeadhero
07-10-2006, 01:19 AM
I hide mine on the internet. If you find it you can read it.