PDA

View Full Version : FUCK YAHOO!

edczxcvbnm
07-03-2006, 09:27 PM
I hate their new home page just as much as I hate MSN's home page...wait. Scratch that. I hate it MORE because it just looks like someone had some explosive diarrea after taking about 5 bottle of Mylanta. It looks like a god damn mess like MSNs page but bland as hell.

FUCK THEM!

Shoden
07-03-2006, 09:27 PM
shhhhhhhhhh, you'll anger the spiders.

rubah
07-03-2006, 09:28 PM
i think it looks less like a domain stealin' generic search engine page.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-03-2006, 09:32 PM
i havent looked at it yet, im afraid to click the new page:(

Zell's Fists of Fury
07-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I use google for my homepage. It works well enough.

MageLuingil
07-03-2006, 09:41 PM
Same here. I don't ever even go to Yahoo's homepage ... no reason to.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-03-2006, 10:37 PM
I hate their new home page just as much as I hate MSN's home page...wait. Scratch that. I hate it MORE because it just looks like someone had some explosive diarrea after taking about 5 bottle of Mylanta. It looks like a god damn mess like MSNs page but bland as hell.

smurf THEM!What are you doing going to Yahoo! in the last five years in the first place?

NeoCracker
07-03-2006, 10:40 PM
He didn't want the Slurp spiders to revolt, so to keep them distracted he has been suffering immensly by forcing himself to suffer the horror that is Yahoo. What a brave and stupid soul. I wish you luck, well, actually I don't, but thats because I hate you.

Mold Anus: Yahoo sucks.

You said it Anus

edczxcvbnm
07-03-2006, 10:58 PM

smurf THEM!What are you doing going to Yahoo! in the last five years in the first place?

Because I am a shallow person. MSN - too flashy. Google - too bland. Yahoo...just right. It was more about the looks than anything else to me. I fear when they make it a forced viewing of their new homepage.

It was nice to have search and a new bar on the same page and not have the page look like flashy crap.

Jojee
07-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Oh thank god. I thought for a while that edzwoeiruskdfj changed his name to Shaun :p

Stupid avatars.

rubah
07-03-2006, 11:05 PM
I use about:blank for my homepage.

Sylvie
07-03-2006, 11:07 PM
My homepage is google. I don't like Yahoo! at all. I love how you related a website to explosive diarhea.

edczxcvbnm
07-03-2006, 11:10 PM
I love how you related a website to explosive diarhea.

That is just one of my many abilities :D

radyk05
07-03-2006, 11:25 PM
it looks very similar to the old one. i don't see what the problem is.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-04-2006, 02:04 AM
I use about:blank for my homepage.

Agent Proto
07-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Yahoo! is only good for the fantasy sports. Google is the superior search engine.

Lawr
07-04-2006, 02:21 AM
Google > (MSN + Yahoo! + Ask Jeeves (The suckiest of them all)) sqaured) cubed)
Dogpile.com > All of those + Google.

fantasyjunkie
07-04-2006, 05:22 AM
me too!

ZeZipster
07-04-2006, 05:27 AM
That's how I felt when Go.com updated. They use to have this 'Search Within Results' feature I still can't seem to live without. Why do search engines only get worse and worse?

Sephex
07-04-2006, 06:22 AM
As sson as I saw the new design, I new ed was eventually going to make this thread. I saw you should set you new homepage to... www.dudefoxnewsistotallynotbiased.com

edczxcvbnm
07-04-2006, 06:52 AM
The saddest part of this thread is that people think it is my home page because I use it as a search engine when it is really all about the look. Sephex knows the score and that score is complete shallow-ness on my part.

Sephex
07-04-2006, 06:56 AM
I kind of have the advantage of knowing you in real life for several years now. But these people sure do suck for not knowing you that well anyway! Lay off them!

Psydekick
07-04-2006, 07:20 AM
I have Google as my Home Page, cant reallly go wrong with google. i went on the new yahoo page and well....as far as i can see its fine and pretty much looks the same.

EDIT: And ed just use www.ask.com or www.com

Old Manus
07-04-2006, 07:32 AM
I thought nobody cared about Yahoo.

Shaun
07-04-2006, 09:27 AM
I noticed you no longer have a 24 avatar. But mine is old. Really old... My sig in particular too.

And, I've never used Yahoo!... I hate it, and I think its new theme has waaaay too much contrast in it and it hurts my eyes to even glance at it.

Loony BoB
07-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Yahoo! is better than anything else because...
1) You can do searches for web, images, videos etc. without having to reload the page every time, like you have to do on Google.
2) You can do audio and video searches straight from the main page, unlike Google.
3) If you have a Yahoo! ID, it tells you when you have new messages on the same page, and you can log in from anywhere and have your searching preferences automatically set for you instead of having to rely on the cookies, as you do on Google.
4) The display is just better, cleaner. The sites are numbered, for example - small things like this help.
5) Google has caches and similar pages. Yahoo! has them and also the category system (and before anyone mentions it, Google's category system categorically SUCKS).
6) Yahoo! offers smart ideas on how to refine your searches. eg. if you search for 'final fantasy' it will offer searches on final fantasy 7, final fantasy 12, final fantasy xi, final fantasy 8 and then take you to a link that offers you all similar common searches.
7) If you're going to whine about how www.yahoo.com takes a while to load, why not put in search.yahoo.com? It's a simple page, just like Google's page is simple - of course, I prefer the www.yahoo.com page because it tends to be more user-friendly with all the stuff around it. ed put it well - Google is too bland, Yahoo! is just right.

Now back on topic! I think the new style is pretty crap, yeah. I tried it out ages ago and quickly reverted. But having said that, if the change was forced and I couldn't revert, I'm sure I'd get used to it pretty fast. I'm more annoyed at how they're making Yahoo! Mail into a Outlook ripoff. I like my extremely-simple email setup, thanks.

There are other reasons but if you like Google then good for you. search.yahoo.com

Shaun
07-04-2006, 12:10 PM
So, if you're a lost person, then Yahoo! is for you. That's what BoB's saying. If you don't want some polished theme and you just want to surf the freaking web, use Google! :)

Loony BoB
07-04-2006, 12:33 PM
If you don't want some polished theme and just want to search the freakin' web, use search.yahoo.com, because it has everything Google has, only in a tidier and more user-friendly display. Why use Google when you can use something better?

EDIT: I do, however, suggest people use Google if they are doing news searches. I find Google to be slightly better in that area.

Christmas
07-04-2006, 12:45 PM
I prefer Google.

starseeker
07-04-2006, 05:12 PM
With Google I never had to search the page for the damn search bar. Yahoo had so much crap on the page.

Resha
07-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Google is Godgle.

(I'm sorry :()

rubah
07-04-2006, 05:26 PM
you know a few years ago yahoo was using google's engine for searches. I still find that funny even though they haven't been for a while now.

bipper
07-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Google is a crazy company, with a nice innocent looking front. I am sure they are satan's workshop in disquise. so yea. My home page at home is EOFF :( I freakin suck.

Dr Unne
07-04-2006, 06:13 PM
I open yahoo mail, and I see a 728x90 px bright oranging brown ad banner glaring at me. I click an email and I see a 728x90 bright green ad banner. Below the list of mail folders, I'm informed that I can get a $200,000 Loan Only $771/Mo.! Above the list of mail folders I notice a helpful Mastercard logo. "Ugly Credit? Attractive Card." Also, did you know that Netflix is $5.99/mo. No Late Fees! Yahoo taught me this, and I didn't even have to ask.

I open gmail and I see a tiny list of text links I can easily ignore. This is why I use gmail, if for no other reason. Though there are many more reasons Yahoo is trash. It's the archetypical site with a million features all of which are trash and half of which are ads. Their new homepage is trash, but so was the old one.

Loony BoB
07-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Oh, I subscribed to Yahoo! Mail ages ago, so I've never had that problem. For me, it's picture perfect. Gmail is horrid, I remember when Lenna was trying to figure out how to sort her email out and she found out she simply couldn't, because email folders were not a feature of Gmail. Ugh.

Also, anyone who has used Y!Mail and Gmail will know that Gmail is merely Y!Mail's crappy little brother who attempts to be everything Y!Mail is but always falls short.

bipper
07-04-2006, 06:37 PM
wow, I found it, and I must say it seems rather complacent. I like it. I would normally not have a problem with a few clean advertisments, though as Unne points out, Yahoo becomes a bit emblazon with thier spattering of .01cent per click tyrany!

EDIT!
WTF yahoo vs gmail is meaningless. Gmail, and yahoo mail are two completley different things. Besides the fact that yahoo subjects you to friendly spyware just for visiting thier site let alone if you want to download the messenger POS. Here, all I can say for gmail is the gmail chat feature is a freaking god send in itself. Clean, built in, fast, and a very browser friendly feature. Allowing you to chat through most firewalls, etc. Not to mention that it's spam filter is marginally less biased and compromised period. Not even in comparison to yahoo, but just period. There are no compromisations on the Gmail spam filter.