PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been to a live sporting event?

tan
07-04-2006, 05:38 AM
I have. It was a tennis tournament in California, though I don't remember the name. It was Mary Pierce vs. uh... some newcomer or something. Mary Pierce won in two straight sets. It was kind of a boring match.

I Took the Red Pill
07-04-2006, 05:47 AM
Yeah, a Miami Heat game a few years back and a Buffalo Bills game more recently. There's some other ones I can't remember or was bored at.

eestlinc
07-04-2006, 05:50 AM
lots, mostly pro baseball but also a few NBA games, and college basketball and football games. and probably some other stuff.

StarChild
07-04-2006, 06:05 AM
I see soccer almost every week, the joys of being an intern for a professional soccer team.

Old Manus
07-04-2006, 07:35 AM
You're looking at Swansea City's number one fan.

Topcat
07-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Yeah i support Crystal Palace( a football team) and i try to watch them live as much as possible.

Rengori
07-04-2006, 08:22 AM
I've seen a few Falcons games on the base.

Clouded Sky
07-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Yeah. I go to a couple Minnesota Twins baseball games every year. I've been to the occassional Minnesota Vikings game, along with a few Minnesota Gohpers games (In the boxes. My grandpa is a spotter for the Gohpers and gets us those nice comfy suites). Been to four or five Timberwolves basketball games. One time my dad won tickets to a T-Wolves game in a suite with some Christian band. That was actually quite a fun time. When I was out in Cali this spring I got a chance to catch the World Baseball Classic, USA vs. Japan. I'll probably be hitting up a minor league baseball game on my upcoming roadtrip. I've also been to more high school sporting events than I'd like to recall. All in all, I think actually being at a sporting event is more fun than watching on TV.

Strider
07-04-2006, 09:31 AM
I usually go to one or two San Francisco Giants games each season. I've been to a few Fresno State football games as well, and I'd kinda like to go see the Oregon game this year.

Oh, yeah, and my family has season tickets to the Fresno Grizzlies, too, so there you go.

Slade
07-04-2006, 12:38 PM
I've been to about three Cricket games. Two of them were NZ vs Zimbabwe and the other was NZ vs Australia. Good times ;)

chaos_ghost
07-04-2006, 01:05 PM
I've been to a few games for the local minor league baseball team. I've also seen a few wrestling events when they manage to come down here.

Burtsplurt
07-04-2006, 03:27 PM
I go to see Middlesbrough play when I'm visiting my parents. I used to go 5-6 times a season, now it's more like 2-3. I've been to a couple of cricket games as well.

JaytodaP
07-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Last year I went to 2 Boston Red Sox games, cuz people will randomly give my dad tickets. I also went to one Boston Celtics game and a few New England Revolution games with my friend.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-04-2006, 11:13 PM
I've seen two Premiership games (European football) at the grounds of London based clubs. In total I saw 9 goals and 1 world cup winner!

drunkymonkey
07-04-2006, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing England's under-seventeens get whipped. Can't remember who by though...

Resha
07-04-2006, 11:18 PM
I saw the Commonwealth Games gymnastics in Malaysia. But I can't remember much and I really didn't give a damn much then either. :/ Nicer watching on TV!

fire_of_avalon
07-05-2006, 12:39 AM
High school football. Chapel Hill basketball tickets are too damn hard to get, and our football team is the suck. I watched a baseball game from the balcony of my friend's dorm once, though.

Jings
07-05-2006, 12:43 AM
I've been to quite a few Rangers games, one of Scotlands most famous football teams. I've also been to a few Scotland internationals a long time ago. I think they were against Wales and Estonia, must have been over ten years ago now.

Kirobaito
07-05-2006, 01:45 AM
Texas Rangers (MLB) - 50 to 60 in my lifetime
Dallas Mavericks (NBA) - 4 in my lifetime (team is 2-2)
Dallas Cowboys (NFL) - 3 in my lifetime (team is 3-0)
Dallas Stars (NHL) - 2 in my lifetime (team is 1-1)
Southwest Raiders (High School Football) - 41 in my lifetime (team is 27-14)
Southwest Raiders (High School Basketball) - 10 in my lifetime (team is 7-3)
Southwest Raiders (High School Baseball) - 10 in my lifetime (team is 6-4)
Southwest Raiders (High School Volleyball) - 14 in my lifetime (team is 9-5)

So, I've been to roughly 130 or so sporting events in my lifetime. Other than these, I can't think of any others that I have been to, but I suppose it's possible that I missed some.

Meat Puppet
07-05-2006, 01:50 AM
I went to a rugby game once. If it wasn't rugby it was something very similar. At Ericsson Stadium, which probably doesn't make sense to many. Anyway I didn't enjoy it at all and I only went so my grandpop didn't question my sexuality. Well there was one part I enjoyed. It was like.. a Mexican Wave or something. Whatever those things are. Man, that was excitement.

kikimm
07-05-2006, 01:52 AM
I've been to tons of Dodger games, but that's it. And I don't even really like baseball all that much. Although it can be a lot of fun when you're there; watching on TV is the worst. Every other sport is okay on TV though, so I guess it's a good thing I've only been to baseball games. Not really. Oh whatever.

Mr. Mojo Risin
07-05-2006, 03:32 AM
A whole heap of UM Canes games, most recently their thriller against Louisville in the Orange Bowl during the '04 season.

GO CANES!!!!!

And one Phillies game just before they tore down the Vet.

o_O
07-05-2006, 04:20 AM
I went to a rugby game once. If it wasn't rugby it was something very similar. At Ericsson Stadium, which probably doesn't make sense to many. Anyway I didn't enjoy it at all and I only went so my grandpop didn't question my sexuality. Well there was one part I enjoyed. It was like.. a Mexican Wave or something. Whatever those things are. Man, that was excitement.

Ericsson Stadium = rugby league. :p
I don't blame you for not enjoying it. League is crap.

I go to cricket and rugby games fairly frequently. Highlanders > *.

escobert
07-05-2006, 05:22 AM
I've been two a few Red Sox games, a few Patriot games, a Celtcs game and 4 or 5 hartfod Whalers games.

Rusty
07-05-2006, 08:57 AM
I go to the V8 Supercars every year - for the past few years. I also go to the Drag racing when it's on.

Faris
07-05-2006, 10:39 AM
Lots of minor league Baseball games (go Lynx go!), and only one Major league (Toronto got creamed by Seattle for that game :eep:), and a few Junior hockey games maybe some NHLs as well.

SaintDave
07-05-2006, 12:44 PM
i go to a few southampton games when i have a bit of money.
best team ever.

Cz
07-05-2006, 07:04 PM
I go to about a dozen Arsenal games a season, and it should be even more next season. I've been to a number of lower division football games as well, just because it's cheap and easy to get tickets for. Apart from that, I haven't really been to that many sporting events. The only other one I can remember was a county cricket game between Derbyshire and Glamorgan, but that wasn't anything special.

eden knight
07-06-2006, 09:53 AM
I was at the final of Champions League between Arsenal and Barcelona at Paris.I'm a proud fan of Gunners but i was really sad that night.The game turned out really bad.Other than that event nothing special.

boris no no
07-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Saw Chesterfield Town play a lot :D None league (well none premiership) footies the best game :D
Seen Derbyshire play cricket a few times and Belper Town football too
Oh seen Tim Henman play tennis too and a few other British players.
Errrrrm
Oh seen Derby county play a few times, trained with them too when our team one a tournement. And Notts Forest tooooo
And if you can count folk dancing a spory been to a million folk festivals in my time ^^

SeeDRankLou
07-06-2006, 09:05 PM
When I was 19 I had season tickets for the Rockets, and I went to every home game, it was fun. I've also been to a few Astros games.

Tempest
07-06-2006, 09:36 PM
I used to go to Chicago Bears games a lot when I was a kid and I've been to baseball games a few times too.

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2006, 05:22 AM
Living in San Diego I've gone to quite a bit of Charger and Padres games. I think I even went to a Gulls game once.

SammieBabe
07-09-2006, 07:01 PM
I've been to a few Bucs games, and a whole heap of Lightning games...

Croyles
07-10-2006, 02:24 AM
A few Bundesliga (German Football League) games, but have been starting to go more.