PDA

View Full Version : help???

Rogue MoonDragon
07-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Hey, could anyone offer any suggestions on how to beat Mobile Type 8 on Disk 3 of FF8? I'm totally stuck. I've tried everything I can think of, and I'm not getting anywhere. Please help!:confused:

The Last Oath
07-04-2006, 07:59 AM
Hard if you dont know what you're doing. Maybe you dont know how to junction yet, If not do it cause you'll get heaps stronger, and also Summon Quazactol and use thunder magic but only if you're magic is high and also get squall to use Renzukuken and make his str at least 145+ and you should be right.

Marly
07-04-2006, 08:32 AM
I actually just passed that bit last night. I kept summoning my GFs and hoping for the best, and eventually I killed it, but it was a close call.

Rogue MoonDragon
07-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks... I do know how to junction, and I have been summoning Quezacotl over and over, and I've been casting Thundaga on him as much as I can. I've had Squall using Renzokuken, and I've summoned every GF I have... I've read the Strategy Guide, I've read the walk through thing here on eyesonff... I've asked my friend who has beaten the game like 6 times. I would've probably been done with the game years ago, but first my 1st disk didn't work, so I replaced the game then the 3rd disk didn't work.... then last year it decided to work for some unknown reason... but I never had time to play... and now I do and I'm stuck.
But anyways, I'm done rambling. Thanks again! ^_^

Shin Gouken
07-04-2006, 09:52 AM
How high is your strength stat? Are you inflicting a reasonable amount of damage through regular attacks? If so then junction 100 thundaga spells to your elemental attack.

This is the guy that counter-attacks with a whip/homing missile attack right? So for everytime you attack him, draw curaga from him (or one of his two floating segments) Don't attack him unless you can survive his counter attacks.

And it probabley goes without saying... but cast haste and shell on everyone

Rogue MoonDragon
07-14-2006, 05:33 AM
Thanks!!! I'll try everything you said... hope it works this time. I've been leveling up the past few days, I figured maybe that would help.
Thankyou so much! ^_^

f f freak
07-14-2006, 07:06 PM
What characters are you using because I would suggest either Selphie and Irvine or Quistis and Irvine.

Rogue MoonDragon
07-19-2006, 03:45 PM
I've been using Squall (ofcourse), Zell, and Rinoa... they were the highest levels, but I've been leveling up all my characters, like I said previously.