PDA

View Full Version : ghost of aeris

sir helix
07-04-2006, 07:03 AM
have you guys noticed that wile revisiting the church that for a quick second you see aeris aiding her flowers:confused:

Sephex
07-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Yes.

sir helix
07-04-2006, 07:21 AM
the 1st time i saw that i jumpped for the heavens and yelled shes not dead but then she vanished

Topcat
07-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Yeah you can't go too close or she vanishes and never comes back:(

Ryushikaze
07-04-2006, 08:12 AM
She appears there even when she's still alive. Tis a glitch, nothing more.

Sefie1999AD
07-04-2006, 09:48 AM
She appears there even when she's still alive. Tis a glitch, nothing more.

Wow, I didn't know this. Does anything happen if you go to the church and see Aeris' ghost with Aeris in your party? :D

sir helix
07-04-2006, 10:05 AM
i wonder what if squares hiding somethang about the most popular ff title

Giga Guess
07-05-2006, 01:19 PM
If this turns into a "How to Revive Aeris" thread, I swear...

There WAS speculation that in production they were planning on a way to revive Aeris. However, that is pure hearsay, and has been neither confirmed, nor denied by Square/Square Enix.

sir helix
07-05-2006, 05:50 PM
huh? yeah!okay wat.....ever....you...say run

Xurts
07-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Check out this post (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1128601&postcount=4) by the Great One himself, Squall of SeeD.

Sinistrad
07-05-2006, 09:19 PM

There WAS speculation that in production they were planning on a way to revive Aeris. However, that is pure hearsay, and has been neither confirmed, nor denied by Square/Square Enix.

No, Square actually HAS said they never had any intentions whatsoever of making it so that Aeris could be revived. She was meant to die, it's part of the plot, and not amount of wishing will ever help. She was never meant to be brought back to life.

Giga Guess
07-06-2006, 12:33 AM

No, Square actually HAS said they never had any intentions whatsoever of making it so that Aeris could be revived. She was meant to die, it's part of the plot, and not amount of wishing will ever help. She was never meant to be brought back to life.

Sorry, that's right. I forgot about that. I do stand corrected.

Zeromus_X
07-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Yes, it'll appear even if you're on Disc One. It's pretty funny, really.

Hambone
07-06-2006, 03:26 AM
not yet. *checks*

Ryushikaze
07-06-2006, 04:37 AM
Think it has to be after her capture. Which may make it difficult to get to the church before you leave, but it's doable.

In any case, whatever flag that causes the image to appear is not triggered by her death, since, if you get back into Midgar on disc 1 (such as via a GS) you can see it before her kerschploogidy.

Pure Aerisbeauty7
07-11-2006, 09:48 PM
I saw it. I was shocked, too. It is nice that she was aiding her flowers.:) :kaocheer:

ZeZipster
07-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Some one should check the debug room for hidden Aeris dialog to see if they could've been planning on reviving her.

Ryushikaze
07-11-2006, 10:23 PM
The creators have said they never planned on reviving her.

Luara
07-11-2006, 11:01 PM
in advent children cloud was on the chuch, maybe he felt that beeing in there he could sense her precense? :love:

Jessweeee♪
07-12-2006, 05:34 PM
i just got past disc 1 on my most recent file!!!
now i gotta wait until i go back again...

Ryth
07-12-2006, 08:55 PM
I've heard of it, but I've never actually seen it before.

Diddy21
07-13-2006, 07:34 PM
i have seen it. maybe they put it there for a reason and then forgot to take it out when they changed their minds......who knows

Dr. Acula
07-19-2006, 10:28 AM
i found out that originally aeris wasn't going to die and tifa wasn't going to be in the game! (suckful!)
i also heard something that she wasn't supposed to die until sephiroth's cave or something. when you see seph was falling from the sky to kill aeris, his surroundings look more like a cave as apposed to the city. and also, there's this place in the north cave which you can't get to unless you use the Debug Room (gameshark or something) which plays Aeris' death music in it. there's a lot of those things around, but i don't wanna go on all day.

Aralith
07-19-2006, 10:33 AM
i found out that originally aeris wasn't going to die and tifa wasn't going to be in the game! (suckful!)
i also heard something that she wasn't supposed to die until sephiroth's cave or something. when you see seph was falling from the sky to kill aeris, his surroundings look more like a cave as apposed to the city. and also, there's this place in the north cave which you can't get to unless you use the Debug Room (gameshark or something) which plays Aeris' death music in it. there's a lot of those things around, but i don't wanna go on all day.
Don't know where you heard the info about Aerith being killed in North Cave, but I'm pretty sure it's not correct. With a change this drastic to the storyline, a lot of lines would have to be changed leading up to her death, and the FMV would probably have been changed. Plus, let's not forget that you're underneath the city when Aerith is killed. Heard about the Debug room, but haven't gotten around to testing it out myself, so I can't verify or falsify this one.

Edit: Even if it exists, it's probably something Square just did because they're Square. They do a lot of random stuff that doesn't really make sense.

Ryushikaze
07-19-2006, 08:22 PM

It's more accurate to say "Originally, there was no concept of Aerith's death or Tifa", but then again, this was very early in the production, at a time when Cid, Yuffie, Red XIII and Vincent weren't in the game either (In the absolute beginning, there were only Cloud, Aerith, and Barret, and Aerith was apparently scripted to be like Tifa is in the final production), and it is actually not uncommon for major changes to happen in early production like this.

sir helix
09-20-2006, 09:44 PM
this may be off subject but how the hell do you get vuncent ive beatin the game 3 times and havent seen him plz help

Leeza
09-20-2006, 11:24 PM
this may be off subject but how the hell do you get vuncent ive beatin the game 3 times and havent seen him plz help
This has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Make a thread on this in the correct games forum, or maybe read a walkthrough.

cloud21zidane16
09-21-2006, 04:06 PM

yes the part about aeris not dying until the northern cave was rumored to be true, if you use the debug room after the snowboarding aeris actually has some dialouge she says "im sick of this" refering to being fed up after landing in all the snow. not much dialouge but enough to create another rumour:D
i dont know how to post images on here without it being wiped off if its possible could someone tell me and i will post it

Ryushikaze
09-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Whee... one whole line of non unique dialogue... Quick... make a webpage...

Or not. There's nothing in particular to suggest that it was a massive change of plans instead of a simple matter of laziness that has the Sephy clothing inconsistency, just like Aerith's ribbon falling off then suddenly being right back in her head in the character model.

cloud21zidane16
09-21-2006, 10:31 PM
yeah i know what you mean, even if she wasnt going to be killed untill northen cave its not excatly much further and wouldnt of made a difference

Anniexo
09-23-2006, 10:19 PM
the thing about aeris dying in the city then coming back to life i think that only started to go around cus if it did happen she would of died again in the cave and maybe that's why we see holy in the cave b4 we fight sephiroth but that's only what I think

MJN SEIFER
09-24-2006, 07:38 PM
It's not a ghost. Because it appears on Disk 1.

However it changes position eventually.

mooglebunni608
09-24-2006, 07:53 PM
If it wasn't there in disk one, I'd have said it was important for some reason or another. But it's just a glitch (in my humble opinion, at least)

Zeromus_X
09-24-2006, 07:56 PM
It's just a bug. You can even see it in Disc One.

Ryushikaze
09-24-2006, 09:18 PM
It's not a ghost. Because it appears on Disk 1.

However it changes position eventually.

It's probably based on the movement script of the original scene.

That, or perhaps they were thinking of letting you wander around and meet her before the cutscene, then decided against it for whatever reason.
In any case, dummy data.