PDA

View Full Version : So what should I do before entering the Mysidia Tower?

Peter_20
07-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Alright, I know I was so for playing the game "naturally" a while ago, but now I'm simply forced to bug-level.
The reason is simple: the Mysidia Tower is, as I recall, infested with status ailment-loving monsters, so I'll have to work up my Esuna spell in order to actually survive (it's no fun getting this Toad spell on my party without being able to cure it :().
Also, there're these Gigas guys, so I'd like some worked up spells for them as well.
So therefore I'm right now boosting my spells, and right now this is what I'm aiming for:

Esuna 7 (earlier mentioned reasons)
Fire 10 (for the Ice Gigas)
Ice 10 (for the Fire Gigas)
Poison 10 (for the Thunder Gigas)

This is all I'll need as far as I know, but would you recommend anything else? :)

rubah
07-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Heal between battles to get 2x points per cast.

Captain Maxx Power
07-04-2006, 06:11 PM
In retrospec you could've just brought along as many status ailment curing items as possible. Failing that just attempt the dungeon and if you're getting it handed to you, Exit out, go heal, and try again.

Peter_20
07-04-2006, 07:17 PM
In retrospec you could've just brought along as many status ailment curing items as possible.Nah, I'd like to save the item space for Elixirs and Cottages, which are my favourites. :heart:

Captain Maxx Power
07-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Nah, I'd like to save the item space for Elixirs and Cottages, which are my favourites. :heart:

At most you only should ever need three cottages (one before entering the dungeon, one on exiting, and one incase of emergency) and about eight or so elixirs. If you can't get through a dungeon using Cure spells without running out of MP and having to use more than eight elixirs, chances are you're not meant to be there just yet.

Frostwake
02-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Nah, I'd like to save the item space for Elixirs and Cottages, which are my favourites. :heart:

At most you only should ever need three cottages (one before entering the dungeon, one on exiting, and one incase of emergency) and about eight or so elixirs. If you can't get through a dungeon using Cure spells without running out of MP and having to use more than eight elixirs, chances are you're not meant to be there just yet.

Not to mention, where the hell would you get money for 8 elixirs at 50 K gil a pop? When I finished the game I had barely over 500 K, so thats 10 elixirs.. :confused:

Peter_20
02-27-2007, 06:27 PM

Not to mention, where the hell would you get money for 8 elixirs at 50 K gil a pop? When I finished the game I had barely over 500 K, so thats 10 elixirs.. :confused:Personally I just save any Elixir I get during the game, and then I buy another pack at the very end of the game.
This should make 8 Elixirs, two for each character.
That rocks.

Behold the Void
02-27-2007, 09:54 PM
This thread's a good 5 months old, I think the issue's been resolved by now.