PDA

View Full Version : Too easy?

bludmonkey
07-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Is it just me or is FF8 just a little too easy? i havnt exactly completed the game yet but so far its been a little easy, dont get me wrong, its a great game and tons of fun, but oh so easy, am i the only one who finds this?
Maybe its the way i played, the game was quite for a while but then i started fighting T-rexaurs in the training center in balamb garden somewhere along the line and discovered that i could refine dino bones to quake's which i junctioned to squall's strength and was eventually killing those dino's in no time by keeping squall's health low and pumping zell's hp and def up high and giving him cover to stop squall from dying most of the time (my party consisted of zell and rinoa) so after getting enough quakes to make all my characters strong enough for t-rexaurs to not really be a challenge at all i continued through the game beating the boss's in like 1 or 2 of squall's limits (the other 2 became a little obsolete and not much more than support for casting haste on squall or reviving him) then on disk 3 i realised that if i could use the bonus ablilities (vit bonus, spr bonus etc) i could train the other characters up to be really powerful and have super high stats, so i replaced zell with selphie and put Vit, Spr and HP bonus on her, i trained her from lvl 18 up to about lvl 60 and decided that rinoa just couldnt compare so i changed rinoa for quistis who was lvl 24 and by that time i had quite alot of items that could give her some nice limits, more specificly degenerator, which even at her low level could kill monsters on the islands closest to heaven and hell without fail, so i trained her quickly up to lvl 100 with mag, hp and spr bonus on, and now all my characters are lvl 100, im at the beggining of disk 4, squall deals huge damage (with 255 str) selphie barely takes damage(with 255 vit and spr), where sqauall will take 2000 she takes 200! and quistis is really powerful with 9999 base hp, 255 magic and 255 spr. so now im just cruising through the game!

Shin Gouken
07-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Yup that's how you make the game easy. I havn't the patience to use all the stat-up abilities but every so often in the game comes a way to boost your strength that much higher without leveling and such staying one step ahead of the monsters making it a breeze. For example i always refine diablos's card for enough demi spells to last the entire game which boost strength nicely, then later the brothers cards refine into items which give you enough quake spells to last the game, again boosting your strength. That's the lazy way, but by the time you have 100 full-lifes, ultimas and other strong magic on your stats, you find yourself being able to one-hit-kill all the final bosses on level 12. Easy??? Yeah if you know what your doin ;)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-04-2006, 07:41 PM
It's just you. I haven't even found the Fire Cavern yet

Shin Gouken
07-04-2006, 08:03 PM
It's just you. I haven't even found the Fire Cavern yet

lmao :D

Rantz
07-04-2006, 08:53 PM
That's what I think is the problem with most Final Fantasy games. They're a bit too easy. Of course there are always the player-invented challenges (lv1 challenge, no GF challenge) found at for example www.gamefaqs.com but that's not _really_ what I want because they aren't programmed into the game o_o

Marly
07-04-2006, 09:13 PM
I've almost finished the third disk and so its been incredibly easy. All I do the whole time is summon GFs. And I only learnt how to boost yesterday (finally) which makes teh whole thing even easier.

Xurts
07-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Is it just me or is FF8 just a little too easy? i havnt exactly completed the game yet but so far its been a little easy, dont get me wrong, its a great game and tons of fun, but oh so easy, am i the only one who finds this?
Maybe its the way i played, the game was quite for a while but then i started fighting T-rexaurs in the training center in balamb garden somewhere along the line and discovered that i could refine dino bones to quake's which i junctioned to squall's strength and was eventually killing those dino's in no time by keeping squall's health low and pumping zell's hp and def up high and giving him cover to stop squall from dying most of the time (my party consisted of zell and rinoa) so after getting enough quakes to make all my characters strong enough for t-rexaurs to not really be a challenge at all i continued through the game beating the boss's in like 1 or 2 of squall's limits (the other 2 became a little obsolete and not much more than support for casting haste on squall or reviving him) then on disk 3 i realised that if i could use the bonus ablilities (vit bonus, spr bonus etc) i could train the other characters up to be really powerful and have super high stats, so i replaced zell with selphie and put Vit, Spr and HP bonus on her, i trained her from lvl 18 up to about lvl 60 and decided that rinoa just couldnt compare so i changed rinoa for quistis who was lvl 24 and by that time i had quite alot of items that could give her some nice limits, more specificly degenerator, which even at her low level could kill monsters on the islands closest to heaven and hell without fail, so i trained her quickly up to lvl 100 with mag, hp and spr bonus on, and now all my characters are lvl 100, im at the beggining of disk 4, squall deals huge damage (with 255 str) selphie barely takes damage(with 255 vit and spr), where sqauall will take 2000 she takes 200! and quistis is really powerful with 9999 base hp, 255 magic and 255 spr. so now im just cruising through the game!
Yeah, once you take advantage of GF abilities, the Triple Triad game, and the Junction System, you can easily destroy everything in your path.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Every FF game becomes easy once you fully grasp all their features. In the case of FFVIII, the Junction system is abusable and makes the game really easy when you take advantage of it.

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 08:12 AM
RPGs are generally, easy.

Yes, this game was very abusable.

Shin Gouken
07-05-2006, 09:29 AM
I've almost finished the third disk and so its been incredibly easy. All I do the whole time is summon GFs. And I only learnt how to boost yesterday (finally) which makes teh whole thing even easier.

Is it your first playthrough? You might get a shock when you get to Adel

ValiantKnight
07-05-2006, 09:44 AM
Junction strong magic to Mag stat..

Draw alot of magic....
Run away from battles...
Draw alot of Magic...
Get enough GFs so you have Str bonus... mag bonus.. etc... 4 of them.

Get to disc 3...
Put 4 bonuses on a lvl 7-11 character.....

Level up... Junction Death to atk and go wild on that island.... whats its name...

With a little rough times at times... (tho with junctioned vit and spirit.. you wont die too much...) you'll level that character fast... then.. just repeat for the other 5, switching out GFs.

Most of my characters had stats over 200 with just junctions.. no +%s if memory serves... It's fun when Ruby does its breath attack and it only does 450 damage.

Hmm... this will probably turn out to be backwards and not make any sense in the morning since its almost 5am.... and I feel sleepy.

But yeah... Draw magic.. junction.. keep level low til bonuses... use bonuses... level to 100... enjoy... Junction > Levels in this game.

Sefie1999AD
07-05-2006, 10:17 AM
I also thought this game was very easy because good junctioning pretty much makes your characters unbeatable. Actually, even leveling up a lot can do it, the enemies don't really get more difficult when you gain levels since you'll also get so much stronger. When I fought Seifer at the end of Disc 1, Squall was on level 35 or so, and he had more HP than Seifer, did more damage with physical attacks than Seifer, and he had GFs and spells too, so Seifer pretty much had no chance at all. :p

Near the end of Disc 2, my characters were on level 70 or so. I'm not sure if someone had 9999 HP already, and I think I had a GF like Shiva deal 9999 HP damage to an enemy with a weakness to Ice. Abilities like Recover, Revive and Treatment also made things easier, and if you don't want to fight random encounters, the Enc-None ability makes things very convenient for you.

I trained all my characters to level 100 in the Deep Sea Research Lab on Disc 3. As if they weren't powerful already, getting 100 Megalixirs (from Bahamut's card), junctioning Ultima and drawing Aura finally sealed the deal. Marlboros, Chimeras and Ruby Dragons are always very dangerous, but even they can be defeated without too much trouble if you have the proper junctions and abilities. Finally I got 20 Holy Wars on Disc 4, and then everything was quite easy, except for Omega Weapon, but that's always a long and a hard fight.

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Critical Health Quistis + Initiative + Degenerator + Low Levels + Islands Closest to Hell/Heaven + Stat Booster abilities= Nearly invincible characters.

Marly
07-05-2006, 10:39 AM
I've almost finished the third disk and so its been incredibly easy. All I do the whole time is summon GFs. And I only learnt how to boost yesterday (finally) which makes the whole thing even easier.

That's got me scared now :(

Shin Gouken
07-05-2006, 01:21 PM
I've almost finished the third disk and so its been incredibly easy. All I do the whole time is summon GFs. And I only learnt how to boost yesterday (finally) which makes the whole thing even easier.

You'll probabley be fine... just you can't summon GF's in that battle and it seems a few people on here have had trouble there. My ex told me she quit playing coz she couldn't beat adel... but ive never had any trouble

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Huh? What was so hard about it? Granted, the Rinoa thing, but I just used Limits like always. GFs fall out of usefulness halfway through the game. Spend time on the Cactuar Island to get more abilities, however.

Marly
07-05-2006, 01:54 PM

You'll probabley be fine... just you can't summon GF's in that battle and it seems a few people on here have had trouble there. My ex told me she quit playing coz s

he couldn't beat adel... but ive never had any trouble

:eek: No GFs. I'm in trouble. Thanks for letting me know. Now atleast I can train up a bit before I face Adel, so I may have a small chance.

Shin Gouken
07-05-2006, 02:04 PM

You'll probabley be fine... just you can't summon GF's in that battle and it seems a few people on here have had trouble there. My ex told me she quit playing coz s

:eek: No GFs. I'm in trouble. Thanks for letting me know. Now atleast I can train up a bit before I face Adel, so I may have a small chance.

Don't train as in gain levels coz that won't help you o_0 junction 100 quakes (or ultimas if you can find them) to your strength and hit with physical attacks. Haste is always good too. You'll be fine im sure

Twilight Edge
07-05-2006, 02:17 PM

Don't train as in gain levels coz that won't help you o_0 junction 100 quakes (or ultimas if you can find them) to your strength and hit with physical attacks. Haste is always good too. You'll be fine im sure
Yeah,the way's good.However,if you're using Zell,DON'T USE BURNING RAVE,if you're playing Selphie,DON'T USE THE END,if you're playing Quistis,DON'T USE ULTRA WAVES OR ELECTROCUTE OR OTHER BLUE MAGIC THAT WIPES THE WHOLE FIELD,if you're playing Irvine,DON'T USE FLAME SHOT OR SCATTER SHOT.Squall however.if you want him to use his limits,PRAY HE DOSEN'T USE FATED CIRCLE OR BLASTING ZONE.Done on character limits when fighting Adel.

PS:REMEMBER TO CAST AURA AND DEFEND YOURSELF WHEN ADEL FOCUSES HER ENERGY BECAUSE SHE'LL USE ULTIMA AFTER THAT!!!

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Juctioning Regen on Rinoa would be helpful too, if I recall.

I can't remember....would Armageddon Fist work on Adel? Or does Duel indiscriminate?

Marly
07-05-2006, 03:04 PM
This games starting to look a lot harder than I initially thought. Thanks for all the advice - I'll try to remember.

Rocket Edge
07-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Yea, i'm sure you'll be fine. Although all those years ago when i first played it Adel was like a kick in the teeth! Ultima Weapon & most especially Omega Weapon on the other hand, at the time they seemed invincible..

Xurts
07-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Marly, no, the game is easy if you you what you are doing. Stop using GFs though. You can make your party much stronger than any GF will ever be if you utilize the Junction System. Everyone else is just making it look like it is hard. Once you get to Adel you will see that she is a pushover. So don't worry about it.

Sefie1999AD
07-05-2006, 07:28 PM

I can't remember....would Armageddon Fist work on Adel? Or does Duel indiscriminate?

IIRC, Rinoa gets her own stats and spells when she's junctioned to Adel. I use Meltdown on Adel, Protect and Regen on Rinoa (and occasionally Recover) and Aura on my guys. Irvine's shots (the ones that hit only one target) were quite useful, and so was Renzokuken if it gets something that hits only Adel. Otherwise that will probably kill Rinoa. I think Zell's Armageddon Fist (isn't that the unofficial combo where you just keep repeating the two quickest moves?) works on Adel too.

EDIT: I just tried fighting Adel, and yeah, Armageddon Fist works. I actually used Booya and Heel Drop constantly (the other move is left-right, the other move is up-down), not Booya and Punch Rush. Still a fast way to defeat her, though.

Xurts
07-05-2006, 07:32 PM

I think Zell's Armageddon Fist (isn't that the unofficial combo where you just keep repeating the two quickest moves?) works on Adel too.
Yeah, just keep doing Punch Rush and Booya over and over again.

Marly
07-08-2006, 03:30 PM
I need a bit of help - I am completely stuck on the Adel fight. My Rinoa was out of HP when Seifer stole her, so Adel doesn't seem to kill her no matter how much HP he sucks from her, but my problem is that my people keep dying. I can't seem to make a battle last longer than 5 minutes - the ultema attack especially seems to finish everyone off. Help??

Rantz
07-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Collecting lots of magic by drawing from enemies and refining and junctioning it right makes any boss easy-peasy.

Alive-Cat
07-08-2006, 05:33 PM
Yes, it is too easy. :)

Sefie1999AD
07-08-2006, 09:22 PM
I need a bit of help - I am completely stuck on the Adel fight. My Rinoa was out of HP when Seifer stole her, so Adel doesn't seem to kill her no matter how much HP he sucks from her, but my problem is that my people keep dying. I can't seem to make a battle last longer than 5 minutes - the ultema attack especially seems to finish everyone off. Help??

Looks like Adel is one of those parts that aren't too easy. :D Anyway, draw Regen from Rinoa and cast it on her and your party members. Cast Cerberus to cast Double and Triple on your characters. If you got Bahamut's card, you'll get 100 Megalixirs, so use them. Cast Meltdown on Adel, then Aura on Zell and have him use Armageddon Fist on Adel. You can use Squall's Renzokuken, but that might also get Rinoa killed. Irvine's shots and other limit breaks that hit only one target are very useful in this fight. Don't use offensive GFs because they'll hurt Rinoa. Heal your characters and Rinoa when needed. Good luck. :)

Slade
07-09-2006, 08:56 AM
I found both VII and X much easier than VIII. But then again, VIII was my first Final Fantasy, so I was unfamiliar with the way the series worked.

daggertrepe
07-10-2006, 01:50 AM

Yeah, it's easy till Ulti. Pwns you...:mad: