PDA

View Full Version : Xenogears question

DK
07-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Okay so I managed to find a copy of Xenogears for sale in Stan's games the other day, a Local game shop. It was a used copy, but it was Stan the owners copy, and he only played it through once, so it's pretty much in top condition. 'cause it's NTSC i'm playing it on ePSXe, but yeah. Anyway, i'm enjoying it pretty much, I'm just training in the desert with Fei and Citan at the moment, and basically I want to know which button combinations I should be using to build up my deathblow attacks. I've got a couple of them figured out, but some of them aren't building no matter what I do. Fei is level 11/12 and Citan is level 10 currently. So, any help would be appreciated.

Captain Maxx Power
07-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Basically alternate between weak, medium and strong attacks as much as possible. You don't have to follow the relevant Deathblow's sequence exactly to learn it. I tend to do something like weak, weak, strong / medium, weak, medium / strong, strong for example. Basically alternate between using primarily weak, medium and strong attacks, saving some AP if you wish to do a combo (though this shouldn't be necessary unless you're up against a boss). You're on the right track though, as learning Deathblows early on is the way to go, as they become available as you level. Though bare in mind some won't appear until you've got at least 7 AP to use, or past a certain point in the storyline.

N.B. You won't get a message to tell you if you're at 100% if the Deathblow in question can't be learned until you are a high enough level, though it will say 100% in your status screen.

DK
07-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Yeah Fei currently has one like that. (Hagen or Hoten, something like that.) But yeah, thanks. Do your deathblows that you've unlocked help build any or do they not affect the growth?

edczxcvbnm
07-05-2006, 05:09 PM
If I am not mistaken I think if you use deathblows then it doesn't help build others that you have yet to learn. Also death blows are unlocked once you reach a certain level. So you could have the thing maxed out but you will not learn it until level X.

It is a LONG game. You should never really have to worry about 'Buliding' them up.

Zechs
07-06-2006, 07:14 AM
If you have the manual, there is a small pic of Fei's Deathblow list. In the last half, close to the end I think.

darkchrono
07-09-2006, 12:00 AM
If you are training with Fei and Citan in the desert it sounds like you are just around that very first town that they go to together (can't remember the name) after they leave the woods.

So I'd just like to say to get ready for a story that will be far and away more deep and complexing than any other story you have played in a video game before hand.

And yeah it is a very long game so as long as you just fight all the fights that you go into during the course of your missions and tune-up your gears when the opportunity arises you shouldn't have to worry about not being strong enough.

Xenogears was made for the story and not the battle system. So the battling in the game isn't all that complex.

Azure Chrysanthemum
07-10-2006, 04:50 AM
Check the frontsite. (http://eyesonff.com/xeno/cdeathblows.php)

theundeadhero
07-13-2006, 06:37 AM
To go along with the frontsite, always try and learn the strongest combo for current number of buttons allowed. Once that one is learned you can make your way around learning the others.