PDA

View Full Version : Yang or Edge..

Arwald
07-05-2006, 09:02 AM
Whos the most powerful? Yang or Edge?

I think Yang takes more damage but Edge can use Ninjutsu and throw stuff.. but when you meet a boss the ninja stuff isnt really that useful.

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 09:09 AM
Edge. Speed. Stealing. Throwing. Edge.

Yang has that 'triple power' attack in the GBA though. Shame his HP just 'stops' after 6,009.

Sefie1999AD
07-05-2006, 09:48 AM
I don't really have statistics to show, but I think Yang is stronger. He's the one doing the most damage when he's in my party around the mid-game (with two good claws, he's even stronger than Cecil), his HP is very high and he seemed to be pretty fast too. Edge's HP, attack and defence are quite low for a long time, and they're decent later in the game. His MP isn't too high, either, so I didn't find his Ninja skills that useful, except the Smoke ability to flee from the boss battles in the final crystal floors of the last dungeon. Edge's Throwing ability lets him do some great damage, but I only do it against the final boss since you aren't going to need the weapons after that. I haven't got that far in FFIV Advance yet, but when you can freely choose your party members, you can have both Yang and Edge in your party and see who's better.

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Edge's Ninjutsu are pretty useless, if you ask me. His usefullness comes in his ability (especially at high levels) to do many attacks in succession, especially Hasted with the Masamune. And he can equip two swords. (Either dupe two Masamunes or use the Sasuke's Katana in the GBA version.) That's alot of damage. Not that Yang is bad...I just really think Edge has more going for him. Steal is only really useful at higher levels (when his Agility is high enough to actually be able to steal something...), but you can steal an unlimited amount of the same item in FFIV. Finally, there's Throw, which with throwing the right items (whether it be duped Excaliburs or Fuuma Shuriken from Pink Puffing), can do decent damage.

Yang's HP will stop naturally growing at 6,009, and can only be raised by those apples. (Those HP increasing items, whatever they're called.) He too, can also equip two weapons. (I use a Godhand and a Cat's Claw. =3), and can do great damage. His Double/Triple attack power abilities take a while to pull off, but will be guaranteed to do 9,999. Kick can do less-than-great damage to all enemies. There's also 'Bear' (? Is that the name?) which I think raises his defense. (I can't remember for sure.)

Meh. I just prefer Edge.

Nominus Experse
07-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Edge, due to his high attack and speed. Yang's attack may be slightly higher, but Edge's agility is superior to that of Yang's.

And Yang's HP cap of 6009 is frustrating, since Golden Apples are really not that common...

Captain Maxx Power
07-05-2006, 12:16 PM
Although Yang can equip two weapons, mostly they don't add to his attack damage directly (I can't be sure of the GBA weapons, if any). Also his magic defense is teh sux. Edge overall is a much more useful character late game.

Arwald
07-05-2006, 01:08 PM
What characters would you prefer to use for the final boss?

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Usually it's the original five, though I take out Cain for Porom. (=3)

Crossblades
07-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Yang is stronger if you give him his strongest claws and use his double/triple attack in the GBA version

Cecil, Kain, Rydia, Rosa, Yang

Captain Maxx Power
07-05-2006, 09:58 PM

Edward.

Rase
07-05-2006, 11:18 PM
My main problem with Yang is that usually, by the time he gets around to using Build/Deadly, the enemy is dead. If it's a boss, he usually takes so long that he would have done more damage just attacking regularly. Endure is also pretty much a waste later in the game, in my opinion.
I've always found Edge to be just way more useful, especially in the GBA remake. In the secret dungeons, his Ninja magic is perfect for eliminating annoying weak enemies en masse, saving the other mages MP. Then there's Throw, which can easily do great damage as long as you're throwing decent stuff. Honestly, Edge is just better in almost everyway to me.

I like the original party best, but it's fun to swap Kain and Edge for Palom and Porom sometimes.

abrojtm
07-06-2006, 03:12 AM
I like Yang because counter-attacking enemies don't counter-attack Deadly/BuildUp. It's extremely useful.

Arwald
07-07-2006, 07:35 AM
I've got Yang now, with the hand of gods, and he takes more damage then Edge easy! :D:D:D

gigames08
07-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Yang = good.
Edge = good.

Consequently, my favourite is...

Dammit. They're both good.

boys from the dwarf
07-07-2006, 05:41 PM
if this is a who is better in the game id say edge but i dont have the GBA version. in a fight (not a video game with all HP and stuff. just imagine them as real people.) i think yang is the better fighter but edge has swords and ninja skills and ninjitsu so i think hed win a fight aginast yang.

~Megalixir~
07-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Ok, my thoughts on this are: Yang is Good. But Edge is better. I mean, come on. Simply using his dart ability makes him a valuable character. (Clone him excaliburs, throw, etc.) I dont really use his ninjitsu or attacks, but his sneak ability is really nice. Also, Edge is just cooler than Yang in gereral.

Keep in Mind I never played the GBA version...

Vincent, Thunder God
07-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Personally I found Yang was stronger.

moldybread
07-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Preferred Yang, for some reason Edge always seemed a little behind.

f f freak
07-21-2006, 04:42 PM
I think that Yang is better I just liked him more because of his personality but also because I like his claws better than edge's swords.

I would like to use Edward, Cid, Yang, Rosa and Cecil.

KoShiatar
07-22-2006, 03:43 AM
Edge's defense is too poor to suit my tastes. But he saves himself with the Spoon/Knife.

gsmagi86
07-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Honnestly, each time I see Edge, I'm wondering if I should put him in front or back row. In front row he eats 1k damage while others take 300. IN back row however, his normal attack become useless. So basically I hate edge except for boss battles where I can spare using fumas and shurikens.

Freya Coral
07-24-2006, 09:06 PM
For sheer coolness... Edge, for his looks usefulness. He has a good attack as well as better agility than Yang. Yang is OK, but Edge rules all. :love:

kealthalas
08-17-2006, 07:21 PM
edge peroid.

ScottNUMBERS
08-17-2006, 08:30 PM
The most powerful? They both were lame combatants in my opinion. Edge has sucky attacks, I have Masamune and Murasame and he strives to do more than 1700, although throwing those Fuuma Skuriken isn't bad. And Yang, his attacks weren't as sucky as Edges but nor were they anything special. That doubling attack move was stupid, anyone with half a braincell figured that attacking twice will yeild the same results.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
08-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Without Yang's side-quest, you can't get the Kitchen Knife that Edge can throw for 9999 damage. They're codependent, you see.

Paul
08-17-2006, 10:35 PM
if you have the full moon for edge and put him on the back row, his attack is only slightly lower than with the murasame. his defence is greatly increased, and he can now get high damage against any flying enemies.

auhin
08-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Yang. Easier to equip, and funner to use. Edge is good for awhile, but he just gets annoying.

Monster Hunt
08-18-2006, 04:05 AM
They are both really good. I put them both in the final battle- Cecil, Edge, Rydia, Rosa, Yang.

cecil+rosa
08-24-2006, 06:36 PM
im going to go with there tied but personally i would go with edge because he has ninjuitso but yang yang has never died with me except for the time he put him self in the cannon thingy

Christmas
05-05-2022, 11:27 AM
Edge. I prefer young tender fresh meat. :bigsmile: