PDA

View Full Version : Which game had your favorite Amano artwork?

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Self-explanatory.

Edit: I haven't seen any FFXII Amano art yet. If it has been made yet, than can a mod add that option to the poll? Thanks.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-05-2006, 09:38 AM
It's all great, really, but I went with FFVI for the strength of its character designs. There are well over a dozen of them, but each one is distinctly interesting and visually engaging, from new interpretations of classic archetypes like the ninja and the monk to entirely fresh concepts like the yeti and the wild boy...and then even further to the induction of formerly one-dimensional NPCs like Mog and Gogo.

Chris
07-05-2006, 03:15 PM
I loved the work he did for Final Fantasy IX. I loved how he made Quina look like a pile of candy. :p

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 03:18 PM
I loved his Vivi. :p

Zechs
07-06-2006, 07:03 AM
FFVI definatly. He did so much designing in that game it's not funny. But his Magitek design, just awsome.

LunarWeaver
07-06-2006, 08:01 AM
I'll go with IX. I thought Zidane and Garnet's designs were awesome.

~SapphireStar~
07-06-2006, 07:08 PM
I also have to say 9's artwork. All the artwork for the games was stunning, but 9s were just great.

Medi
07-06-2006, 09:05 PM
1. His artwork that he did for IX was gorgeous. I especially love what he did to show Alexander, and Necron in another picture. Those were my favorite for that game. The characters look great as well.

2. FFVI was my second favorite, mostly about the Magitek armor. I accidentally voted VI instead of IX.

3. He made a beautiful picture of Yuna and Tidus in the Spring for X. There also some others that I don't remember.

4. He made a concept for Chaos sitting on his throne for FFI, which looked so macabre and awesome.

Those are the games that stand out in my mind. I once found a book full of his art at my local Borders Book Store, it had so many different things. It was so beautiful, but $70.00. I wish I could have bought it lol

SaintDave
07-06-2006, 10:57 PM
is there any good sites where i can see some?

~SapphireStar~
07-06-2006, 11:05 PM
http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/art.shtml
Hope this helps. Has Yo****aka Amano, Tetsuya Nomura and Akihiko Yoshida art. All 3 have done art for the series.

Evastio
07-07-2006, 12:27 AM
I think FF2 had the best artwork. The rest of the FF Artwork pics didn't look as good as FF2's.

rubah
07-07-2006, 12:40 AM
I love the pictures he did of the ff8 characters. rinoa lying on the moon, all of them having a picnic etc. the pictures from ffx and x-2 have some crazy intracacies.

But then, I'm not terribly fond of amano's art anyways.

kikimm
07-07-2006, 01:29 AM
the pictures from ffx and x-2 have some crazy intracacies.

Yeah, and I think it looks terrible. It's just too much. I was disappointed.

I agree with Kishi though. The FFVI artwork impressed me the most. Although VII also has some really nice ones, with Cloud and Aeris. The colours are beautiful, and the way he's drawn the two characters together is :heart:

Hambone
07-07-2006, 05:00 AM
I never really liked Amano's work. sorry.

Yuffie514
07-07-2006, 09:40 AM
i always thought Amano's artwork portrayed things in a more "gothical" way. but, at best, i enjoyed his artwork for Final Fantasy Origins, such as the game covers and a warrior fighting w/Behemoth. lastly and i'm done, i liked how he used appealing colors to reflect the theme of his work...

gigames08
07-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Oh, come on. All the people (in FFIX and FFX's artwork at least) looked EXACTLY the same. If I was forced into it, I'd say one of the earlier game art because it's evident he's got increasingly worse after... well, after IV, at least.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh, come on. All the people (in FFIX and FFX's artwork at least) looked EXACTLY the same.No, they don't. FFIX's characters in particular all look highly unique. Please look again.

Rocket Edge
07-07-2006, 08:46 PM
5 and 9 were my favourites ;)

abrojtm
07-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Four had some particularly awesome Amano-ness, I like Rydia, FuSoYa, and Cain personally.

Medi
07-07-2006, 09:52 PM
After going to the site ~SapphireStar~ posted I saw some amazing things I've never seen before, that weren't in his book. I now can't choose between the games. However, this picture had quite an effect on me:

http://www.ffcompendium.com/art/x2-lenneshuyin-a2.jpg
Look at how dark and pretty the colors are. Why that site said "Lenne and Shuyin" is beyond me, because it is obviously Yuna and Tidus, from her nightmare. I like how it looks all misty around them. Plus, Vegnagun looks even more badass

LunarWeaver
07-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Oh, come on. All the people (in FFIX and FFX's artwork at least) looked EXACTLY the same. If I was forced into it, I'd say one of the earlier game art because it's evident he's got increasingly worse after... well, after IV, at least.

If Steiner and Vivi look exactly the same I must be one blind fellow.

MageLuingil
07-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm not familiar with his work from all of the games, but from what I've seen so far, I liked VI the best. Don't hate on me too much, but ... I really didn't like his work from IX that much...

Zeromus_X
07-07-2006, 10:48 PM
That one is my favorite X-2 piece.

Auragaea
07-08-2006, 12:34 AM
I liked Amano's work in FFII the best. My least favorite would be a tie between FFIV and VI.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-08-2006, 05:02 AM
I liked the artworks in FFIV and FFIX.

Dell
07-08-2006, 09:10 AM
I like Rydia artworks.

FFIV.

DJZen
07-09-2006, 04:37 AM
I like the FFXI art a lot. There's tons going on, but there's also a lot of technical detail. It also really emphasizes the who massivity of the game. The point of the game is not to follow the adventures of a lone band of emo kids as they have cinematic FMVs, it's to band together with gazillions of other adventurers from all over the place.

Lexy
07-13-2006, 07:28 PM
I'd say VI and III- as was already mentioned, his character designs for VI were amazing, and I love how the menu pictures of each character were totally Amano. Especially the picture of Celes that her menu picture is based off of- I just love that one. Although they're all awesome. And I love how a majority of the male characters have flat tops.
For III, I just love the big landscapes with the four youths relatively small in the foreground- or midground- or whatever you call it. That one with the four youths sitting on a hill and then far away you see the Sylx tower (I think thats what it is)- that picture is amazing. It really conveys that sense of adventure, and the sense of a long journey. And I love how (and this is common in Amano art) the four youths look all ragtag and kinda rugged. In all of his FF work, I just love how the clothes seem worn and it really seems like that's the person's only outfit.