PDA

View Full Version : Program eating up Memory..

Lionx
07-05-2006, 10:26 AM
Hello...this is probably unrelated to my previous problem but on another computer, one program will eat up 50% of the CPU power and will take forever to do things. My uncle needs this program to do his work and its what we live off of, however for some unknown reason it started eating up 50% of the CPU on normal priority...it would take forever to do anything including digitally sign a report...like literrally half an hour and nothing happens...clicking something and waiting 2minutes to see anything done and hearing the fan go really loud.

When we try to do other stuff on the computer it does not seem to slow down this way...now i think its probably the application's fault...i would reinstall the application but...the CD seems to be borked as well for some wierd reason...

Is there any other way to fix this problem at all? What causes this? This has never happened before.

drunkymonkey
07-05-2006, 11:21 AM
How much RAM do you have? Set the priority to auto-assign (or whatever it's called), and try contacting the support website for the program.

Incidentally, what program is it?

Lionx
07-05-2006, 11:59 AM
512 RAM, its an appraisal program for real estate