PDA

View Full Version : do you think square should give ff8 a makeover?

snakebyte91
07-05-2006, 02:20 PM
with great graphics coming out nowadays i keep noticing how rubbish the graphics are in ff8 !!! who thinks another one with better graphics should come out?

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 02:25 PM
I'd definitely say the field models were grainy and not very appealing, but those pre-rendered backgrounds were gorgeous. (Of course, back then, the models looked great anyway.)

I wouldn't be opposed to a rehaul, but it's very unlikely to happen for a very long time.

Shin Gouken
07-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Of course it would look nicer with improved graphics... but i wouldnt buy it again just for better graphics

snakebyte91
07-05-2006, 02:29 PM
yeah i know but heres hoping!!!

i wouldnt buy it just for graphics either but my cousin who much younger than me will miss out cos he thinks the graphics arnt good. just seems like a waste of a good game.

Shin Gouken
07-05-2006, 02:42 PM

i wouldnt buy it just for graphics either but my cousin who much younger than me will miss out cos he thinks the graphics arnt good. just seems like a waste of a good game.

Yeah espesh when IMO FF has gone downhill since FFVIII

snakebyte91
07-05-2006, 02:48 PM
i can see my future now...telling my kids that back in my day games were soo much beter (which they probably will be)

Rocket Edge
07-05-2006, 03:02 PM

Yeah espesh when IMO FF has gone downhill since FFVIII Very True, 8 was the best. A remake of it using better graphics would be incredable

Marly
07-05-2006, 03:02 PM
I think FFVII is in more need for better graphics. FFVIIIs are fine to me.

snakebyte91
07-05-2006, 04:22 PM
ok you say that now but further down the line youll start to see the graphics of other games. for example when the ps3 comes out it will be better graphics than the xbox 360 and we all know that those are quite good.

just try this experiment ok...
dont play ff8 for 2 weeks to a month then go back to playing it you will see what i mean.just make sure that you are playing a good graphics game like mgs3.

Shin Gouken
07-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Graphics don't mean anything to me... i play FFV (my fave FF) and enjoy it more than playing FFX which just cannot hold my interest for long. I'm not bashing FFX by any means but at the end of the day fancy graphics are nice...but they don't mean jack

Marly
07-05-2006, 04:48 PM
ok you say that now but further down the line youll start to see the graphics of other games. for example when the ps3 comes out it will be better graphics than the xbox 360 and we all know that those are quite good.

just try this experiment ok...
dont play ff8 for 2 weeks to a month then go back to playing it you will see what i mean.just make sure that you are playing a good graphics game like mgs3.

You're probably right, FFVIIIs may not be as good as some these days or indeed some that will be released in the futurem but I still say they're pretty great! My brothers friends recently came round whilst I was playing FFVIII (they had never played FF before) and when they saw some of the scenes they were all amazed at the graphics. When I told them this was an old PS1 game none of them believed me - they were all convinced that it must be a new game. Whether that means that my brothers friends obviously have no experience with good graphics, or wwhever FFVIII's graphics really are great, is up to you to decide.

daggertrepe
07-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Final Fantasy VIII in AC graphics = :love:

Ifrit's_Daddy
07-05-2006, 05:18 PM
I cant see anyone saying they wouldnt want to see VIII with better graphics! I remember when VII was coming out and it was the first FF game on a cd and the screenshots in magazines looked amazing and when it came out it looked even better! At the time these games come out they look so good, its when we go back to them years later when we notice they arent that great. Makes me think whether or not we'll be questioning X's graphics in 5 years?

snakebyte91
07-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Graphics don't mean anything to me... i play FFV (my fave FF) and enjoy it more than playing FFX which just cannot hold my interest for long. I'm not bashing FFX by any means but at the end of the day fancy graphics are nice...but they don't mean jack

i agree with you but if you think about it in 5 10 years would you still be happy that ff has not moved on with the world in graphics?

and ifrits_daddy there is no question mate of course we will question the graphics!!! no matter how good they will get (hopefully during my lifetime i will see vr!) there will always be something better.

Hearts
07-06-2006, 03:01 AM
I think that it would be good for better graphics in the game, yeah. I would buy it for the better graphics, yeah. But then the game would come out on XBOX 360, which I don't particularly like. It just wouldn't be the same as playing it on my ollllllllld but fun Playstation. The graphics are good enough for my liking, though. When it goes into a major scene the graphics are actually quite great. They're pretty good for the year it was made.

It all just depends on what Square wants to do. I don't really think they would, if they would it wouldn't be for a very long time, though.

I want them to make a MOVIE out of FFVIII :love: :)

DoomAntenna
07-06-2006, 06:53 AM
I liked the graphics. I wouldn't want them to do an overhaul because they'd probably change the character design a bit. I wish they'd make a movie with awesome graphics for VIII, like advent children for VII though :)!

G SpOtZ
07-06-2006, 07:35 AM
FFVII is my all time favorite FF, so I'm gonna say if I had to choose between the two, I'd rather have an FFVII remake. However, I wouldn't oppose a FF8 remake, though I don't know if it would make enough money. If they do happen to make it WITH an FFVII remake, though, they should sell those two together. I would definitely want to buy both... I'd just rather have FFVII.

Lionheart00
07-14-2006, 10:54 PM
Well if you figure that soon there will be a remake of Final Fantasy 3 for the Nintendo DS......soon they will have to remake almost all of the old ones.....you can't just stop in the middle of it...........FF8 is 7 years old!!!!

IceAngel
07-14-2006, 11:10 PM
I would like them to redo the graphics on the game. That would save me having to keep downloading patches whenever my graphics card gets upgraded. They should throw in FF7 and FF9 also for the PC (they didnt have ff9 on pc and the graphics didnt look too nice on my psone). I would definatley buy it again. A 3 game deal is so much better than 1! They shouldnt add voices if they remake it. And they should not have the Midi sounds of the music. Yea that would be cool! :tongue:

~SapphireStar~
07-15-2006, 12:03 AM
They werent rubbish, the game was good when it was released. It would be nice to see it tweaked ... Im just going to go shoot myself now.

celestial_dream
07-17-2006, 06:56 AM
FFVIII's surroundings and backgrounds [with the exception in battles] are awesome! But it'll be even better if they really did remake it to something like FFVII:AC, or FFX, at least. I haven't played FFVIII in ages ever since I finished the game, so after finish playing FFX recently, I went back to load a file from FFVIII and my jaw literally dropped when I was engaged in a battle. And I thought to myself, "I thought the graphics were pretty good...". It's kinda sad, actually, but hey, FFVIII has and always will be my favourite FF!! So yea, I'm all for a FFVIII-makeover. hehe

Human Devil
07-17-2006, 10:58 PM
The game was fun and all but the story i kinda didnt like. The fact that almost the whole team was in the Orphanage and just began to remember all later in the game. Destiny my ass. They shouldnt make a remake, i know everyones gonna hate me but it's a :nonono:.

LunarWeaver
07-17-2006, 11:39 PM
I don't have a problem playing it with the graphics it has, but I guess prettier is always good. But there are Final Fantasy titles that deserve a remake more because they're fuglier.

Yuffie514
07-18-2006, 07:38 AM
better graphics - no. actually, the landscapes and towns look fine to me, though it is no doubt that i can hardly see through Squall or Rinoa's grainy facial expressions...

Elpizo
07-18-2006, 08:12 AM
VIII's gfx are fine, but I did not really like how the characters were reality-sized, guess I'm just too used to the style of FF I-VI and IX.
But I still liked VIII it was so interestingly different than all the other FF's. I played IX first, then VII (was disgusted) than VIII and I enjoyed VIII, still need to finish it someday but from what I played (I almost got to Disc2) I found it very enjoyable so far. IX my fav, tough. But VIII's underrated, IMHO, just like IX.

Square said (I heard that somewhere) that they would be interested in more ports/remakes like FF III DS. Maybe we can hope that one day we'll have FF I to IX on our DS? Heh, VII on a Nintendo console, that would so smurf the Sony and VII fans, I think. Or maybe VII-IX will come on PSP... Seems unlikely, as Square choose the best selling console for FF III DS... So yeah, DS seems likely...
*Dreams on and on* Ah, the thought of playing IX everywhere makes me float. and if they made VIII too, I would certainly pick it up so I could finish it. VII too, but just to complete my collection, not because I like it or anything. *Stops dreaming*