PDA

View Full Version : master materia stuff?

FFFFsephychibi
07-05-2006, 04:31 PM
You know when you master all of your materia? Or one subject like... Magic materia? Am I correct that you get something from the huge materia in budenhagen's place? I'am so confused ;-;

Twilight Edge
07-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Yup,you get the master materia for each respective type of materia you completely mastered.I.E master all your magic materia and you get master magic,Master all summon materia and get master summon.

Xurts
07-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah. Say you get a Master Summon materia, once you equip it that character he/she will be able to summon any summon monster. Along with that, the materia that are in the Master are all born again. So you would have 2 KOTRs.

the_lunchbox
07-08-2006, 06:21 PM
I like just getting the master materias from the old man:D

Xurts
07-08-2006, 09:18 PM
I like just getting the master materias from the old man:D
You have to beat Emerald Weapon in order for him to give them to you though. So you only have Ruby left. Deafeating Emerald kind of defeats the purpose of having the Master Materia in the first place.

Zeromus_X
07-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Weapon Rule
There's always a hidden creature who is much harder to defeat than even the ultimate bad guy's final, world-annihilating form. It's lucky for all concerned that this hidden creature prefers to stay hidden rather than trying to take over the world himself, because he'd probably win. As a corollary, whatever reward you get for killing the hidden creature is basically worthless because by the time you're powerful enough to defeat him, you don't need it any more.

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Weapon Rule
There's always a hidden creature who is much harder to defeat than even the ultimate bad guy's final, world-annihilating form. It's lucky for all concerned that this hidden creature prefers to stay hidden rather than trying to take over the world himself, because he'd probably win. As a corollary, whatever reward you get for killing the hidden creature is basically worthless because by the time you're powerful enough to defeat him, you don't need it any more.
Well the rewards are only for completion's sake, and not really to make the game much easier.

blue phoenix
07-09-2006, 02:00 PM
im liking that rule. is there actually more? if so id love to read them.

BG-57
07-09-2006, 04:11 PM
http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html

krayziesaiko
07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
When you beat Emerald weapon, you get master summon, master command, and master magic, right?

What about the support and independent, do they not have master summons?

Also, if you get the master materia from Bugenhagen, and then you beat the Emerald weapon, do you have 2 copies of each?

I am interested in this because I am currently playing VII and I would like to obtain the master materia this time around.

blue phoenix
07-10-2006, 10:51 AM
thanks for that link

lol, The Higher The Hair, The Closer To God (Cloud Rule)

and the stupidity of this one

Garrett's Principle
Let's not mince words: you're a thief. You can walk into just about anybody's house like the door wasn't even locked. You just barge right in and start looking for stuff. Anything you can find that's not nailed down is yours to keep. You will often walk into perfect strangers' houses, lift their precious artifacts, and then chat with them like you were old neighbors as you head back out with their family heirlooms under your arm.

you can cut a bloody swath across the continent using gloves, combs, umbrellas, megaphones, dictionaries, sketching tablets -- you name it, you can kill with it. Even better, no matter how surreal your choice of armament, every store you pass will just happen to stock an even better model of it for a very reasonable price. Who else is running around the world killing people with an umbrella?

BG-57
07-10-2006, 08:10 PM
When you beat Emerald weapon, you get master summon, master command, and master magic, right?

Correct, you get one of each.

Again correct, they cannot be blended into Master forms.

Also, if you get the master materia from Bugenhagen, and then you beat the Emerald weapon, do you have 2 copies of each?

You get one of each from Emerald, but Bugenhagen's observatory will give you as many of each kind as you are willing to master the component individual materia for. But it's very time consuming to master a full set even once, even with Triple growth slots and using the Northern Cave to level it. I leveled up each set twice and defeated Emerald so I eventually had three Master materia of each type.

I am interested in this because I am currently playing VII and I would like to obtain the master materia this time around.

I found it worthwhile.

krayziesaiko
07-10-2006, 08:12 PM

Correct, you get one of each.

Again correct, they cannot be blended into Master forms.

You get one of each from Emerald, but Bugenhagen's observatory will give you as many of each kind as you are willing to master the component individual materia for. But it's very time consuming to master a full set even once, even with Triple growth slots and using the Northern Cave to level it. I leveled up each set twice and defeated Emerald so I eventually had three Master materia of each type.

I found it worthwhile.

thank you, that was very helpful.

BG-57
07-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Anytime. :)