PDA

View Full Version : Do people tell the truth when their drunk?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
07-05-2006, 04:32 PM
I was always wondering this........

I've heard yes and no, the people that say no usually think their too intoxicated to tell the truth. But the people that say yes, say that they just get loosened and feel they can speak their mind without a care in the world.

So yeah.

kikimm
07-05-2006, 04:50 PM
I don't know for sure, as I've never been drunk, but that is what my mommy tells me.

Avarice-ness
07-05-2006, 04:54 PM
I think I can say Yes, only because I've been told "I don't want to tell you something I'm to afraid to tell you sober" and then them hold it in and turn into a sad drunk. I think drinking makes peoples mental wall go down, so if they're trying to not say something, it make come out when their drunk.

fire_of_avalon
07-05-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm pretty direct and honest when I'm sober. Impulsivity is one of my biggest faults, so when I drink, that tends to be exagerrated. I do try very hard to screen my thoughts before I say them, so sometimes what I say is much more appropriate than what I would normally say. But I'm neither more nor less honest, just more or less blunt depending on the situation.

Peegee
07-05-2006, 05:03 PM
I've always thought that people who were drunk act normally unless they use it as an excuse to act like a weirdo.

Then I heard on the radio today that a woman was found drunk to stupor and was missing an arm.

WTF How do you lose an arm?

She also has no idea how it was lost or where it is.

:(

Parker
07-05-2006, 05:06 PM
It depends on the person and thier personality.

Each person will react to alcohol differently, some get violet, some get cuddly, some get happy, others cry.

MageLuingil
07-05-2006, 05:10 PM

Each person will react to alcohol differently, some get violet, some get cuddly, some get happy, others cry.
I'd like to see one of the people who get violet when they're drunk :P (j/k)

I really haven't seen many drunk people, most of what I've seen can hardly be called tipsy, so I really don't know on this.

Levian
07-05-2006, 05:34 PM
They become more careless, and I guess expressing their true feelings is a part of that.

DoomAntenna
07-05-2006, 05:40 PM
I think when you're drunk, you become more exaggeratedly like yourself. So, it really depends on the person whether they'll lie or tell the truth. If you have a hard time keeping secrets anyhow, then you might give things away while drunk. Or if there's something you want to tell someone, but are afraid to, it might seem more like its ok when you're drunk. But I don't think alcohol has any kind of truth-inspiring effect.

DK
07-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Well it's not that it has any truth giving effect, generally alcohol frees you of your inhibitions and gives you a lot more confidence, so saying things you might normally not say to someone is a lot easier.

Captain Maxx Power
07-05-2006, 05:55 PM
They tell a truth that is correct to them and them alone. Nothing more, nothing less.

-N-
07-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Well it's not that it has any truth giving effect, generally alcohol frees you of your inhibitions and gives you a lot more confidence, so saying things you might normally not say to someone is a lot easier.Takes an alcoholic to know the score, I see. :p

Avarice-ness
07-05-2006, 07:51 PM

I'd like to see one of the people who get violet when they're drunk :P (j/k)

I really haven't seen many drunk people, most of what I've seen can hardly be called tipsy, so I really don't know on this.
I got alcohol poisoning once and my arm lost circulation and turned violet. o o;; Then we found out I'm allergic to Vodka. =[

bipper
07-05-2006, 07:52 PM
All i know is I turn into a dumbass; what truth I am good for at that point is uselss. I usually just want to have a freakin good time when I get my drink on.

Mo-Nercy
07-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Hell no. On one occasion, I confessed my love to girl who's name I can't remember anymore. I saw her today and she's still hot. :D

Moral of story. It's a good thing she was drunk too.

LunarWeaver
07-05-2006, 08:03 PM
I get really giggly and think everything is funny when I'm drunk. I have said honest things that I would normally keep to myself though. Don't drunk dial...it's not good.

GhandiOwnsYou
07-05-2006, 08:10 PM
I love drunk dials. My boy Justin, he's like the dave Chappele of drunk dials. other students at his college have started compiling saved drunk dials onto a soundboard because they're so funny.

But to the point, it's not that drunks always tell the truth, It's that A) They are bold enough to feel they don't need to lie about a great deal of things, so you usually get the truth as sort of a "yeah, i did/said/think this, but who CARES!" and B) when they do lie, they suck at it. I swear to god, picking out a lie coming from a drunk person is like spotting a black cat in a white room.

Raebus
07-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Lets see, I blurted who i'd like to play with and told secrets willingly, I'd say I'm pretty truthfull when drunk.

Avarice-ness
07-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I get really giggly and think everything is funny when I'm drunk. I have said honest things that I would normally keep to myself though. Don't drunk dial...it's not good.
I'm the worst drunk dialer ever. Like...... Yeah... I mean.. I'll be all "IT'S TWO AM, YOUR NOT ANSWERING, LISTEN IT'S OUR SONG! YOU LOVE OUR SONG DON'T YOU!! ; ;!!! WHY WON'T YOU TALK TO ME!? *answering machine cuts off* HELLO?! HEY! CAN YOU HEAR OUR SONG?! HELLO IS THIS THING ON?! ; ;"

But I only drunk Dial my sister, because she drunk dials me...

theundeadhero
07-05-2006, 08:12 PM
It generally makes me feel the need to exagerate or even completely make things up. I feel more creative.

Nod
07-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Drinking lowers your inhibitions, so it can mean that you don't feel worried about speaking your mind. But you can still lie.

Otherwise drunk guys wouldn't ever be able to cheat on their girlfriends.

Chris
07-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah, like, I don't drink. >O

Moon Rabbits
07-05-2006, 09:47 PM

A few weeks ago I randomly dialed a number to talk to someone before the concert I was at started. I was really drunk and talked to the guy for 45 minutes, it turned out he was the brother of a friend of my friends. :|

Anyways, I tend to be more honest when I'm drunk merely because I can't comprehend the consequences as well as I could if I was sober.

EDIT:
Otherwise drunk guys wouldn't ever be able to cheat on their girlfriends.

I've been drunk off my ass and never went behind the back of any partner I've ever had. Being drunk is no excuse to cheat on someone. :\

Alixsar
07-05-2006, 09:56 PM
I get belligerent and sometimes violent. Vomitting is usually involved. Usually. Cigarettes, too. But it's fun for a little while.

Jebus
07-05-2006, 10:02 PM
I tell what I think is the truth. The illusions become real when I'm drunk. I can't tell the difference.

Does that count?

Moon Rabbits
07-05-2006, 10:04 PM
I tell what I think is the truth. The illusions become real when I'm drunk. I can't tell the difference.

Does that count?

Yes.

SammieBabe
07-05-2006, 10:18 PM
I get pretty goofy and become a shameless flirt. And I guess I'm more honest in that I don't know when to shut up and I don't think about things before I say them.
However, I have been known (in my single days) to tell such whoppers as, "Yeah, you're cute, gimme your phone number..." or "Yeah I can drive, just let me cover one eye..."

:D

boris no no
07-05-2006, 10:26 PM
I don't think you tell the "truth"
I think you just lose all worries and inhabitions and basically become less concerned about what you're saying
Not like I'M ever drunk...no....never

;__;

Jess
07-05-2006, 11:23 PM
I think it depends on what sort of drunk you are, or what sort of person you are in general.

I don't think I necessarily tell the truth. I just don't care about what I'm saying anymore so I'll say whatever I think of to say. I suppose 8/10 times that it is what I really think, though - so maybe the theory is true.

Mr. Graves
07-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Well it's not that it has any truth giving effect, generally alcohol frees you of your inhibitions and gives you a lot more confidence, so saying things you might normally not say to someone is a lot easier.

I've found this to be very true, even though I still would keep my mouth shut if it were bad enough.

I'm more open about things, but since I'm normally a quiet person to begin with, this is a good thing.

Elite Lord Sigma
07-06-2006, 01:15 AM
I would, even though I've never seen anybody under the influence, because I see it as the right thing to do to try to prevent any incidents from happening. Of course, if the person in question starts acting agressive, I'll back off.

Avarice-ness
07-06-2006, 06:35 AM
What's sad though, is if I know someone's hiding something from me or won't tell me something, I wait till their wasted and ask, but half the time they arn't drunk enough or have the will to keep it in. > o

Alixsar
07-06-2006, 07:56 AM
I'm pretty drunk right now. And as a drunk person, I have to say, it is very very very VERY easy to tell the truth while drunk. So yeah, I guess people do tell the truth while drunk. But I don't care, because I have more booze and cigarettes than I know what to do with. Okay, so I know what to do with them...but you know what I mean. I guess my point is hooray for Red Hook and Marlboro Lights. Hooray!

Qurange
07-06-2006, 08:31 AM
When I've had too much, I don't really become more truthful.

I just get dreadfully, woefully silly, and make about twice as many awful puns per hour.

Tasura
07-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Unless you're a wall or the floor, I probably won't talk to you if you drunk, last time I was drunk, I spent more time laughing at the wall and floor adn olling aorund then anything else, I laugh at EVERYTHING, you could tell me I had 5 minutes to live, Id look in your eyes, poke you, laugh and take antoher drink.

Avarice-ness
07-06-2006, 04:06 PM
What would happen if the wall or floor told you it had 5 more minutes to live? =[
I try my best to not talk when I'm drunk, I normally surpress all talking about anything relevant when I'm sober unless needed, but in the case of love or anything like that I normally keep all thoughts to myself, but if I get drunk I tend to not have the ability to keep them all to myself and then drunk dial or just get really sad or something, so I'm a good happy drunk until someone or something brings up a topic in which I have to try my best to not talk about. For one, It looks bad when you say things love related when you're drunk, and it's even worse when the person would know you meant it. X x

Doomie
07-06-2006, 04:28 PM
I can still lie when I'm drunk, but for some reason I don't. I guess I just don't care what people think when I'm drunk, and it allows me to express myself, and say things I <i>really</i> wish I didn't say.

Rocket Edge
07-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Yea, i defionitly think so. But i dunno if honesty comes into it, i mean, when your drunk you can become a just as good a lier

Peter_20
07-06-2006, 07:57 PM
I just become über-social when I'm really drunk, but nothing worse. :D
However, I always speak the truth when I'm drunk, as I do when I'm sober.
But being drunk, I have an easier time confessing things.

So yeah.

Alive-Cat
07-06-2006, 10:57 PM
I know I certainly do. Or, I WOULD. But I don't ever have anything to hide. :(

Mirage
07-06-2006, 11:14 PM
I think you people generally just speak before they think more often while drunk. It's no problem lying while you're drunk either, you just care less about the consequenses.

Tasura
07-06-2006, 11:43 PM
What would happen if the wall or floor told you it had 5 more minutes to live? =[

Id stop drinking becuase the wall or floor was talking to me.

Loony BoB
07-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Dan (Kyono) summed it up nicely.

NorthernChaosGod
07-09-2006, 03:31 AM
As an alcoholic and expert drunk I can tell you that yes, yes it does. Alcohol removes your inhibitions, therefore making you do things that you wouldn't normally do sober.

If someone asked you something while you were sober, and you lied or didn't tell them, chances are you would tell the truth when drunk.