PDA

View Full Version : Cid is a dirty old man!

HowlingMonkey
07-05-2006, 05:31 PM
There I was, rocking into Canaan with nary a care in the world, when I discovered something so sick... Wait, scratch that. So disturbing that it has destroyed my innocent young mind.

Exhibit A - Cid: "My grandmother is sick! I must go to her at once!"

And after you heal said granny in the house she shares with only Cid

Exhibit B - Gran: "Thank you. Me and my husband were worried."

Cid's married to his gran! Ew! What a sick freak!

So, is this a regular thing or just my translation?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-05-2006, 05:55 PM
He calls her Granny, but he never implies that she's his granny. It's just a pet name.

Crossblades
07-05-2006, 05:57 PM
It's nothing more than a nickname.

HowlingMonkey
07-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Right. Thanks for spoiling the fun. :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Here's something you can do with Cid to make up for it. When you give Granny the Elixir and Cid jumps three or four spaces away from the wall in order to give you access to the passage leading to his stash of treasure, keep talking to him. Since FFIII isn't an RPG with a whole lot of unique NPC chatter, he'll say the exact same thing he did before...and also jump three or four more spaces to the right. Do this a few times and he'll have jumped beyond the boundaries of his house, writhing in inky limbo. Now you have Granny all to yourself.

Sefie1999AD
07-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Don't worry, Cid only uses "Granny" as a nick about his wife. He's not married to his grandmother.

Here's something you can do with Cid to make up for it. When you give Granny the Elixir and Cid jumps three or four spaces away from the wall in order to give you access to the passage leading to his stash of treasure, keep talking to him. Since FFIII isn't an RPG with a whole lot of unique NPC chatter, he'll say the exact same thing he did before...and also jump three or four more spaces to the right. Do this a few times and he'll have jumped beyond the boundaries of his house, writhing in inky limbo. Now you have Granny all to yourself.

I also talked to Cid several times to make him jump more. But that last thing you said about Granny just sounds wrong. :eek:

Hayabusa
07-10-2006, 02:03 PM
They're both old and married. so granny is her nickname....lol

Zeromus_X
07-10-2006, 02:05 PM
I loved doing that. :p

theundeadhero
07-13-2006, 06:07 AM
With a little imagination granny ain't got no teeth but she's full of youthful energy what with that elixer you just gave her!

Hayabusa
07-19-2006, 01:48 PM
With a little imagination granny ain't got no teeth but she's full of youthful energy what with that elixer you just gave her!

omg...you did NOT just say that. lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Tiamat
07-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Ew! What a sick freak!

Agreed. This guy are sick.

But seriously, my vote goes to the nickname theory.

Ashley Schovitz
07-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Where do you find out about this, I've never seen it?

KoShiatar
07-20-2006, 12:04 AM

I did this to death, LOL. I believe two old men also do that at the entrance of a destroyed city. I can't remember the name, but I'll bet Kishi does.

Zeromus_X
07-20-2006, 12:07 AM
That one place before Hyne's tree...I can't remember it either.

There's a similar thing in FFIV, before Cecil becomes a Paladin, in Mysidia, a white mage above the item shop. It's funny too. xD