PDA

View Full Version : Least Fav. Character

daggertrepe
07-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Who's your LEAST favorite character in this game?

NO FIGHTING OR ARGUEING!!!

Juat opinions. Please, don't take anything anyone says personally.

Thanks.

I never liked Zell or Rinoa all that much...

Marly
07-05-2006, 06:05 PM
I never really got to like Selphie much.

*~Angel Wing~*
07-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Aw...Zell and Rinoa are 2 of my ALL TIME FAVORITES!!! :heart: :kaolove2: :kaohappy2

I don't like Adel...he/she is weird. :Oo:

Qurange
07-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Adel is female. Seriously.

f f freak
07-05-2006, 07:51 PM
RINOA MUST DIE!!!!

bipper
07-05-2006, 08:01 PM
I never really got to like Selphie much.OH NOES! WUT AM I DOING IN THESE FORUMS! :)

snakebyte91
07-05-2006, 08:07 PM
RINOA MUST DIE!!!!
ok... wat is it with you rinoa must die people?

ps i didnt like quistis much

Outer Heaven
07-05-2006, 08:16 PM

I second that.:)

f f freak
07-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Well snakebyte what is it with you I didn't like Quistis much people huh?

Shiny
07-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Me either, but I voted for Squall given the circumstances.

NO FIGHTING OR ARGUEING!!!

Juat opinions. Please, don't take anything anyone says personally.
:hahaha: I doubt that's going to happen. People are already on other people's backs. Tis a shame. :-\

atlanteay
07-05-2006, 09:19 PM
i don't like quistis much...she was annoying in the beginning with her "i'm better than you" attitude and she was mean to rinoa but then decided to apologize and jeopardized the mission. some leader...:eep:

f f freak
07-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Rinoa annoyed me because she was all like save me every single time.

Outer Heaven
07-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Actually, I don't just hate Selphie; I hate everybody from FF8. Except for Seifer, he was pretty fucking harsh.:cool:

He reminds me of somebody.

daggertrepe
07-05-2006, 09:39 PM
i don't like quistis much...she was annoying in the beginning with her "i'm better than you" attitude and she was mean to rinoa but then decided to apologize and jeopardized the mission. some leader...:eep:

1. She was an instructor. Don't all teachers act smarter and better than you? And besides, she wasn't that bad!

2. She was mean to Rinoa because she wasn't following a serious misson. She could have very well messed it up, cosidering how annoying she is...:mad:

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Ultimecia, for starting all these annoying theories.

Okay, seriously, I didn't really hate any of the characters. If I had to pick one, probably Irvine.

atlanteay
07-05-2006, 09:52 PM

1. She was an instructor. Don't all teachers act smarter and better than you? And besides, she wasn't that bad!

2. She was mean to Rinoa because she wasn't following a serious misson. She could have very well messed it up, cosidering how annoying she is...:mad:
what you say is not going to stop me from disliking her. She was flirting with squall and you call that a good teacher?

she was mean to rinoa because she was fooling around but why apologize afterwards? if she decided to be mean then don't go back and apologize when she's on a mission and also the leader. You say rinoa was not acting serious, then quistis was being irresponsible .

f f freak
07-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Actually she wasn't flirting with squall she was talking to him at the secret area and told him she was no longer an instructor when was she flirting before that

daggertrepe
07-05-2006, 10:06 PM

what you say is not going to stop me from disliking her. She was flirting with squall and you call that a good teacher?

she was mean to rinoa because she was fooling around but why apologize afterwards? if she decided to be mean then don't go back and apologize when she's on a mission and also the leader. You say rinoa was not acting serious, then quistis was being irresponsible .

Hmm. At least she tried to go back and apologize. She has a heart, unlike Rinoa who is OH SO selfish.
:mad:

atlanteay
07-05-2006, 10:18 PM
how is rinoa selfish? she was the one who scratched irvine to go back and save the others at the desert prison and saved everyone's life basically since without her saving them, they won't be able to save the garden from being bombed and etc. I understand you hate rinoa but don't try to make it so that rinoa is the worst character ever. Whatever you say about rinoa is not going to make me change my mind about her being the best ff character and me disliking quistis

daggertrepe
07-05-2006, 10:39 PM
how is rinoa selfish? she was the one who scratched irvine to go back and save the others at the desert prison and saved everyone's life basically since without her saving them, they won't be able to save the garden from being bombed and etc. I understand you hate rinoa but don't try to make it so that rinoa is the worst character ever. Whatever you say about rinoa is not going to make me change my mind about her being the best ff character and me disliking quistis

She's selfish because she bosses everyone around and constantly needs saved. I'm not trying to change your opinion! I'm just stating MINE! You can like Rinoa for all I care! I'm just saying I don't like her, but I love Quistis. Let's just stop this right now cuz this will turn into something bad.

At least you like Aeris. I really don't understand why people hate her, since I LOVE Aeris! :)

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Rinoa sucks everyday i which she got killed by the Iguions.

So i guess you know who i voted...

Chris
07-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I did not care for Squall. Not at all! I hated his mood; annoyed, angry, pissed-off, and for no apparent reason. He's the king of EMO.

daggertrepe
07-05-2006, 11:53 PM
I did not care for Squall. Not at all! I hated his mood; annoyed, angry, pissed-off, and for no apparent reason. He's the king of EMO.

Damn straight!

Shiny
07-06-2006, 12:59 AM
I agree as well. :bgl:

Tempest
07-06-2006, 01:36 AM
Adel...freaky...:Oo:

Qurange
07-06-2006, 01:43 AM
I admit, I liked all of the characters. I really can't think of one I actually couldn't stand.

Twilight Edge
07-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Adel...freaky...:Oo:

Sefie1999AD
07-06-2006, 09:21 AM
Adel was quite annoying, but I think NORG was still more annoying with that caps talk, and the fight against him was quite hard and irritating because of the spheres that kept changing colors. "Fushifuru, fushururu, I-WILL-KILL-YOU!" :mad:

daggertrepe
07-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Adel was quite annoying, but I think NORG was still more annoying with that caps talk, and the fight against him was quite hard and irritating because of the spheres that kept changing colors. "Fushifuru, fushururu, I-WILL-KILL-YOU!" :mad:

It's too bad he didn't succeed...:p

atlanteay
07-06-2006, 07:26 PM
i liked NORG for his way of talking. The FUSHIFURU part is funny:p and that's the only reason i don't hate it

Rocket Edge
07-06-2006, 07:50 PM

~SapphireStar~
07-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Wow, I guess ... Irvine. He made me laugh, but I didnt take to him like I did to the other lead characters.

Rinoa2005
07-06-2006, 09:05 PM

She's selfish because she bosses everyone around and constantly needs saved. I'm not trying to change your opinion! I'm just stating MINE! You can like Rinoa for all I care! I'm just saying I don't like her, but I love Quistis. Let's just stop this right now cuz this will turn into something bad.

At least you like Aeris. I really don't understand why people hate her, since I LOVE Aeris! :)

I understand that you don't like Rinoa and yes she is bossy but I don't think she fell from the side of Garden, fake a coma, etc because she was selfish all the time she was trying to help.

*~Angel Wing~*
07-06-2006, 10:03 PM
I agree 100% :up: I really like Rinoa!!! :jess: :kaohappy2
I don't like Quistis very much either...:mad:

Damn straight!
I agree as well. :bgl:

:nonono: :frust: OMG NO WAY!!! :frust: :nonono:

:kaohappy2 :kaolove2: :heart: SQUALL IS THE BEST!!! :heart: :kaolove2: :kaohappy2

~SapphireStar~
07-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Many dont like Squall for his attitude, but I related to him so much cause I was a moody teen when I first experinced FF8 and I fell in love with him instantly.

f f freak
07-06-2006, 10:27 PM
I hate rinoa rinoa must die i hate rinoa rinoa must die

*~Angel Wing~*
07-06-2006, 11:41 PM
I fell in love with him instantly.
Me too...:heart: :kaolove2: :kaolove:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
07-07-2006, 12:38 AM
I'm suprised you haven't put Laguna, Kiros, Ward or Ellone in that list since they play far more supporting roles in the cast then Adel or Ultimecia. These two sorceresses are probably my least favourite out of those on the list

daggertrepe
07-07-2006, 12:59 AM

I understand that you don't like Rinoa and yes she is bossy but I don't think she fell from the side of Garden, fake a coma, etc because she was selfish all the time she was trying to help.

Mmhmm. :mad: That's what she WANTS you to think!

Quistis is better in every way shape and form-not to mention she's prettier :rolleyes2

Oh and by the way, how can you HATE laguna, kiros or ward? How about Ellone or Raine?

Hambone
07-07-2006, 01:33 AM
1. Zell
2. Squall
3. Rinoa
4. Irvine:
5. Selphie
6. Seifer
7. Ultimecia
8. Adel
9. anybody who beats me at triple triad.

feefee123
07-07-2006, 01:38 AM
if there waz no rinoa then there wud be no saving of someone and then there wud be half the missions gone...sooooo either like her or dont play the game cuz shes all ova it mostly...and my least fav character wud also be Quistis..she annoyed me cuz she thought she waz better..come on grow up already lol

daggertrepe
07-07-2006, 01:43 AM
if there waz no rinoa then there wud be no saving of someone and then there wud be half the missions gone...sooooo either like her or dont play the game cuz shes all ova it mostly...and my least fav character wud also be Quistis..she annoyed me cuz she thought she waz better..come on grow up already lol

Grr...Quistis does not think she's better than everyone else! How does she? It's not like she is bossy and stupid like Rinoa and kicks people around! (like Irvine)

She's gentle, kind-hearted, and I'll defend Quisty no matter what. Gimme anything, I'll defend her.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Rinoa is probably my least favourite character in all FF games... I also hated the Galbadian soldiers, they're always in your way, are extremely annoying and all pretty much useless... but I suppose they can be quite amusing at times. I didn't mind Quistis, she's not annoying like Rinoa, and I don't recall her ever needing to be saved.

Qurange
07-07-2006, 03:39 AM

Grr...Quistis does not think she's better than everyone else! How does she? It's not like she is bossy and stupid like Rinoa and kicks people around! (like Irvine)

She's gentle, kind-hearted, and I'll defend Quisty no matter what. Gimme anything, I'll defend her.

Well, Quistis /is/ a bit bossy, but she's used to being in positions of authority--but she's way too insecure to have such a superior attitude, it's true.

But I don't know, I thought Piet was a bit of a jerk.

f f freak
07-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I too will stick up for Quisty Sakura angel and also feefee jus coz you don't like rinoa it doesn't mean you shouldn't play the game one of the best bits in ff8 was the adel boss fight and killing rinoa. Technically she was part of the enemies team she could have done something like maybe cure your party once in a while or cast a spell on adel. but no she was like i'll just sit here and let myself be a slave to whatever kinky things adel wants to do to me

Qurange
07-07-2006, 12:07 PM
...Right, because Rinoa could do /anything/ while an older, more experienced Sorceress was trying to suck the life out of her.

f f freak
07-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Adel had been frozen for like ages she would have needed time to drain all of her life because she would have needed to get a feel for her powers again

*~Angel Wing~*
07-07-2006, 04:56 PM

How the hell is she gentle and kind hearted!? :confused: :Oo:

Quistis is the bossy and whiny one, and feels sorry for herself in order to get attention. She gets depressed over stupid things and she's just plain irritating. :mad: :eep:

The only intellingent thing Quistis said in the whole game, was telling Squall to go after Rinoa when she was captured for being a sorceress. :up:

atlanteay
07-07-2006, 05:04 PM
i thought this thread was about opinions and no arguing so guys don't argue over the rinoa and quistis thing. Some people like rinoa some people hate her..it's all about opinions, no need to tell people off by saying quistis is better and gentle and rinoa is whiny. People look at things differently, so they might think quistis is gentle from their perspective or rinoa is annoying, while other thinks rinoa is great and quistis sucks.

Hearts
07-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Selphie was too happy happy fwee fwee for me. I didn't like the way she looked, she was just horrible. I never liked her..

I have a question though, why do you guys hate Rinoa so much? She seriously isn't that bad. o.0

Edit:

I too will stick up for Quisty Sakura angel and also feefee jus coz you don't like rinoa it doesn't mean you shouldn't play the game one of the best bits in ff8 was the adel boss fight and killing rinoa. Technically she was part of the enemies team she could have done something like maybe cure your party once in a while or cast a spell on adel. but no she was like i'll just sit here and let myself be a slave to whatever kinky things adel wants to do to me

How could she do that? She was pretty much unconcious. Adel was apparantly far more powerful than Rinoa. She couldn't do anything to save herself.

Shiny
07-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Quistis is the bossy and whiny one, and feels sorry for herself in order to get attention. That I agree with.

She gets depressed over stupid things and she's just plain irritating. So does Squall. Infact, he's like that throughout the game. I think all of the characters are a bit..."emoish", but they're oprhanes and are supposed to be capturing the feelings of human beings. Sadness is just something that inevitable. However, I think she just as much of a reason to be sad than Squall did. Not only did she sincerly care for Squall who treated her like she was nothing, but she also had the stress of having to be the responsible one. Squall, Quistis, Rinoa, and Seifer are all really blinded by their own needs and wants (especially Squall). Kinda of like alot of people today.

Rinoa2005
07-07-2006, 09:13 PM

Ok, first: that thing with Irvine. Rinoa doesn't kicks people around... She only did it to Ivine because he was going to leave everyone behind and that includes Quistis.

Second: Quistis Is a little bossy you have to admit it, but I guess that's something you'd espect from someone who used to be in a position of authority... She's not the worst character but she has her own flaws, just like all the other characters do...

Qurange
07-07-2006, 09:24 PM
And the flaws that all of the main characters have are what make them interesting, I think--perfection is boring.

Rinoa2005
07-07-2006, 09:27 PM
And the flaws that all of the main characters have are what make them interesting, I think--perfection is boring.

I agree :D

Hearts
07-07-2006, 09:28 PM

I agree :D

f f freak
07-07-2006, 09:33 PM
hearts rinoa was not unconcious at all she was wide awake but she was like I'll let Squall and the rest do everything while I get saved YET AGAIN

4evarisha
07-07-2006, 09:34 PM
My least favorite character is Selphie I like Rinoa and Quistis the most.

Hearts
07-07-2006, 09:38 PM
hearts rinoa was not unconcious at all she was wide awake but she was like I'll let Squall and the rest do everything while I get saved YET AGAIN

No, she wasn't fully concious at all. Her head was low and she never spoke.

Even if she was concious, how could she save herself at all when Adel has her possessed? Her body is ATTATCHED to her. She cannot move. She can't save herself, so she needs Squall & whoever else is in the party to save her. It's common sense, don't try to make it into something its not just to put Rinoa in a bad situation.

Edit:
Put yourself in the situation, if you were hanging, attatched, pretty much possessed, almost fully unconcious (yes, almost fully unconcious), do you think you'd be able to save yourself? If you think yes, you must be some pretty strong person. I think you're just trying to make Rinoa look bad when she was put in a bad situation. It is NOT her fault.

If you're getting mad at me because of something I said about Quistis if I did say anything about her, I'm sorry. But people are entitled to their own opinions. You are to yours, I am to mine. Lets keep it at that. This thread is getting closer and closer to wanting to be closed each time someone argues.

atlanteay
07-07-2006, 09:57 PM

No, she wasn't fully concious at all. Her head was low and she never spoke.

Even if she was concious, how could she save herself at all when Adel has her possessed? Her body is ATTATCHED to her. She cannot move. She can't save herself, so she needs Squall & whoever else is in the party to save her. It's common sense, don't try to make it into something its not just to put Rinoa in a bad situation.

Edit:
Put yourself in the situation, if you were hanging, attatched, pretty much possessed, almost fully unconcious (yes, almost fully unconcious), do you think you'd be able to save yourself? If you think yes, you must be some pretty strong person. I think you're just trying to make Rinoa look bad when she was put in a bad situation. It is NOT her fault.

If you're getting mad at me because of something I said about Quistis if I did say anything about her, I'm sorry. But people are entitled to their own opinions. You are to yours, I am to mine. Lets keep it at that. This thread is getting closer and closer to wanting to be closed each time someone argues.
Thank You!! what i wanted to say the whole time!;)

f f freak
07-07-2006, 10:11 PM
and so what if she never spoke that was just being so lazy of her see now she's just being lazy. also i don't remember you saying anything about quistis but if you did i must have a very bad memory. but still why not like fight back against seifer when he grabbed her but this time it was not entirely her fault but part of it was i mean where was her stinkin dog. whenever you don't need that dog it appears but then you could use that against rinoa for not being a very good trainer.

Hearts
07-07-2006, 10:20 PM
and so what if she never spoke that was just being so lazy of her see now she's just being lazy. also i don't remember you saying anything about quistis but if you did i must have a very bad memory. but still why not like fight back against seifer when he grabbed her but this time it was not entirely her fault but part of it was i mean where was her stinkin dog. whenever you don't need that dog it appears but then you could use that against rinoa for not being a very good trainer.

Are you SERIOUS?!

Oh my god...

I don't think I've laughed that hard in a while.

You're trying to say that she didn't do anything because she was LAZY? If you were in a life or death situation, would you honestly just ...hang..there? You're running out of excuses. Face it, you know she couldn't help herself. You just want to make her look worse. Where was her dog? Angelo only shows up when she has low HP. She can't show up during the battle with Adel, she isn't in the party. You're just being plain stupid.

Just give it up, you're making yourself look stupid.

atlanteay
07-07-2006, 10:23 PM
ya seriously.... you hate rinoa fine, no need to use these lame excuses. You hate her and there's nothing we can do to change it since it's your opinions but there's no need to use bad reasons to show why rinoa is bad.

you and your lame reasons is what exactly would cause this thread to be filled with arguments and eventually leading to being closed.:mad:

f f freak
07-07-2006, 10:24 PM
okay but i wasn't talking about the adel fight i was talking about when seifer dragged her away why didn't her dog come and rescue her then i mean how does it even appear in battle some magic portal appears and the dog just appears

Rinoa2005
07-07-2006, 10:27 PM
ya seriously.... you hate rinoa fine, no need to use these lame excuses. You hate her and there's nothing we can do to change it since it's your opinions but there's no need to use bad reasons to show why rinoa is bad.

you and your lame reasons is what exactly would cause this thread to be filled with arguments and eventually leading to being closed.:mad:

I totally agree with you :D

Hearts
07-07-2006, 10:28 PM
okay but i wasn't talking about the adel fight i was talking about when seifer dragged her away why didn't her dog come and rescue her then i mean how does it even appear in battle some magic portal appears and the dog just appears

Because in battle it is her limit break. It cant appear out of battle because she isn't in a battle so she isn't losing hit points.

atlanteay
07-07-2006, 10:33 PM
it does come when she receives a huge damage and in that case, i don't think seifer is causing her to lose much hp anyway. and besides, it doesn't even come when there's no battle

Hearts
07-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Okay now can we please just end the pointless arguing? If nobody can be mature enough to let people have their own opinions, then this thread shouldn't be here.

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Never played this game so I don't know. I just know Squall, Rinoa, Seifer, and the blonde girl. I don't know her name so yeah!

daggertrepe
07-08-2006, 04:45 PM

How the hell is she gentle and kind hearted!? :confused: :Oo:

Quistis is the bossy and whiny one, and feels sorry for herself in order to get attention. She gets depressed over stupid things and she's just plain irritating. :mad: :eep:

The only intellingent thing Quistis said in the whole game, was telling Squall to go after Rinoa when she was captured for being a sorceress. :up:

I LOVE Quistis. People seem to have problems with that.

Here, instead of argueing, let me show you why I love her-

QUOTES:

Training center
Quistis : Squall. It's not like everyone can get by on their own, you know? -Words of wisdom, words of help. Words of kindness.

Squall’s dormitory after NORG battle
Squall : [Quistis walks in] What?
Quistis : You’re looking pensive.
Squall : (A teacher knows, huh?)
Quistis : You want to be left alone?
Squall : It’s not like that.
Quistis : Really? Okay. Hey, do you remember? Going to the ‘secret place’ together, the night you became a SeeD?
Squall : [nods]
Quistis : You gave me the cold shoulder. But maybe now you understand how I felt. Sometimes people need someone to talk to.
Squall : (I think I understand. But...)
Quistis : Why don’t you talk to me? Might make you feel better. Or do you want to go talk to a wall? What do you want to do?
Squall : I do feel like talking...
Quistis : Good! Let’s go, then. Want to talk over some tea?

-See here she's not trying to steal Squall away because she already knows he loves Rinoa. She would just like to be his good friend.

Flower field, Edea’s orphanage
Quistis [to Squall] : Rinoa forces herself into your world, no matter how many walls you put around yourself Squall. I knew I couldn’t compete with her. The only issue was whether you would make a place for her. And you did, pretty quickly.

-Here, clearly, she is excepting Squall and Rinoa for who they are, and their realtionship.

You people have no reason to hate Quistis, even sfter these:

Fire Cavern
Quistis : You know, the boys often choke on this test when I come with them. I guess my charm makes them nervous.
Squall : (...whatever.)
Quistis : I'm just kidding! Trying to keep you relaxed, that's all.

-Just a joke, a saying, sure annoying, but not MEAN, or BOSSY!

Caraway’s mansion
Quistis [to Rinoa] : We don't have time for that. Squall and Irvine are already standing by. We have an operation to carry out, too. You understand, don't you? This isn't a father-daughter quarrel. This isn't a game.

-They were about to kill Edea. It really wasn't a game.

Edea's orphanage, flashback at Trabia Garden
Quistis : Even after becoming an instructor, I couldn't stop thinking about Squall. I thought it was...love. I had to keep my feelings hidden because I was an instructor but I've come to realize it wasn't. It was my childhood feelings as a big sister which lingered...

-What do you expect her to do? Keep her damn feelings in forever? She knew she couldn't have Squall-therefore, she let her feelings out in order to MOVE ON.

There. Quistis is defended. No where in the game is she bossy or rude or annoying or mean. Case closed.

Qurange
07-08-2006, 06:18 PM
No one has a reasonable problem that you love Quistis--I mean, she's my favorite character, personally. But sure, she's bossy sometimes; you don't have to look any further than the time at the orphanage when they were kids, for that. She adopted an authoritative role; she was the oldest, she had to help keep things in line. She can be mean sometimes, because she's smart, and she gets frustrated when things don't run as smoothly as her mind expects them to--and she was probably fairly upset at Rinoa at first for managing to do so well with Squall after she'd tried for a long time to get him to open up--and then add to that Rinoa's childish (though very sincere, I admit) approach to special operations, and...

Well. I don't see Quistis as annoying, personally, but that's just a matter of opinion. It's okay for people to like or dislike a character, honest; that's why this thread is supposed to be inoffensive. I'm still of the opinion, though, that Quistis genuinely means well--it's why she's an Instructor, and it's why she tried so hard to be good and help Squall in the first place, and so forth.

(Besides, if you love Quistis and hate Rinoa, you miss out on all the fascinating character stuff they have between one another. And vice versa.)

But somehow, I doubt just saying 'hey it's okay' is going to stop the argument.

the_lunchbox
07-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Irivine or how ever you spell it... i cant remember his name because i hate him so much:eep:

daggertrepe
07-08-2006, 07:16 PM
No one has a reasonable problem that you love Quistis--I mean, she's my favorite character, personally. But sure, she's bossy sometimes; you don't have to look any further than the time at the orphanage when they were kids, for that. She adopted an authoritative role; she was the oldest, she had to help keep things in line. She can be mean sometimes, because she's smart, and she gets frustrated when things don't run as smoothly as her mind expects them to--and she was probably fairly upset at Rinoa at first for managing to do so well with Squall after she'd tried for a long time to get him to open up--and then add to that Rinoa's childish (though very sincere, I admit) approach to special operations, and...

Well. I don't see Quistis as annoying, personally, but that's just a matter of opinion. It's okay for people to like or dislike a character, honest; that's why this thread is supposed to be inoffensive. I'm still of the opinion, though, that Quistis genuinely means well--it's why she's an Instructor, and it's why she tried so hard to be good and help Squall in the first place, and so forth.

(Besides, if you love Quistis and hate Rinoa, you miss out on all the fascinating character stuff they have between one another. And vice versa.)

But somehow, I doubt just saying 'hey it's okay' is going to stop the argument.

Yep. Case closed.

Rodney
07-08-2006, 08:59 PM
In terms of playable characters? Laguna, Kiros, and Ward. Their storyline is interesting, but the game always jumps to it at inopportune times.

But since they're not on the list, I'll go with Seifer. He's just too damn arrogant for my tastes.

magiere
07-09-2006, 01:03 AM
I liked Quistis and Rinoa, I'm surprised with how many people dislike them. The only person in the game that really bugged me was Irvine, yes he could be funny at times but for the most part he was just annoying to me. :p

heaven_angel
07-09-2006, 10:58 AM
i never like quistis much. she's like so arrogant and bossy through the game, i tink.

daggertrepe
07-10-2006, 01:48 AM
i never like quistis much. she's like so arrogant and bossy through the game, i tink.

Nahh, but I'm done argueing.

Polaris
07-10-2006, 10:11 AM
They are all useful, but personally I don't like Rinoa personality much, but I do enjoy her at battles, she's a good help! In battles I don't like Irvine, I don't use him much!

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-10-2006, 10:22 AM
I don´t like Rinoa nor Squall nor Quistis, they could have all died in the future or get stuck on the time loop for all i care...

Rinoa= annoying as hell, thinks she actually understands anything, needs to be safed in every cd, can´t do anything on her own, and is a spoiled idiot( like those super sweet 16 girls who have a fit atack when they don´t get a ferrari for their birthday) i bet that´s the reason why she joined those Timber losers in the first place.

Squall= anti-social, can bring everybody down, and the end of the game gets obsessed with Rinoa and is always lost in deep thoughts which are pretty boring to me.

Quistis= bossy, thinks she actually holds some kind of authority above others, is extremely insecure( which is proven when she feels she as to apologize to Rinoa during a crucial mission) and not to mention a bad professional for falling in love with a student, actually she should have been arrested.

And that´s why i don´t like neither of them.

HowlingMonkey
07-10-2006, 10:58 AM
I despise Squall cause he's a whiny emo brat who only gives a stuff about wallowing in his own depression and doesn't realise other people can have problems too. Yeah, you have some issues. So what? GET! OVER! IT!

daggertrepe
07-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Quistis= bossy, thinks she actually holds some kind of authority above others, is extremely insecure( which is proven when she feels she as to apologize to Rinoa during a crucial mission) and not to mention a bad professional for falling in love with a student, actually she should have been arrested.

I disagree. Note: She DID hold authority above other because she was an instructor, but got fired becasue she was insecure, and didn't have the correct leadership skills. So what? Quistis has problems just like everyone else, and that's what makes a good fanfiction! :p But, of course, Squall would never even listen becuz he was too self-absorbed. :mad:

Oh, and they 1 year apart in age. How could she have been arrested?

NeoCracker
07-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Zell and Irvine were pretty cool, the rest of the cast sucked.
Especially Squall. I wished he was real only so that he could forever suffer within the pits of Hades.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-10-2006, 05:19 PM

I disagree. Note: She DID hold authority above other because she was an instructor, but got fired becasue she was insecure, and didn't have the correct leadership skills. So what? Quistis has problems just like everyone else, and that's what makes a good fanfiction! :p But, of course, Squall would never even listen becuz he was too self-absorbed. :mad:

In my country your only considered an adult at the age of 18, if i recall Squall was 17 making him a minor and Quistis was 18 and was his instructor so if anyone would have find out she would have lost her license and sent straight away to D-District Prison.

Qurange
07-10-2006, 08:29 PM
If laws in that world are exactly the same as laws where you live--not to mention that nothing was ever actually /done/, and the D-District prison was specifically for political prisoners, not for random Instructors who happened to like someone a year younger than themselves (and were wrong about /that/.)

daggertrepe
07-10-2006, 08:35 PM

In my country your only considered an adult at the age of 18, if i recall Squall was 17 making him a minor and Quistis was 18 and was his instructor so if anyone would have find out she would have lost her license and sent straight away to D-District Prison.

Yea-it's not like Cid found them mosing around in Quistis's dorm, if you get what I'm saying...

And by the way, in my country, America, the same rules abide.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-10-2006, 10:40 PM
If laws in that world are exactly the same as laws where you live--not to mention that nothing was ever actually /done/, and the D-District prison was specifically for political prisoners, not for random Instructors who happened to like someone a year younger than themselves (and were wrong about /that/.)

Who knows i think she would be arrested anyway..i´m sure there´s a prison at Balamb too.

daggertrepe
07-10-2006, 11:19 PM

Who knows i think she would be arrested anyway..i´m sure there´s a prison at Balamb too.

lol maybe...

atlanteay
07-11-2006, 12:10 AM
well..she confessed her love for squall after she got fired so she doesn't have to go to jail.;) well she didn't confess....but went to the secret place with him which is romantic also and shows she has feelings for him

Cruise Control
07-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Fushifuru, fushururu, I-WILL-KILL-YOU!"How menacing!

daggertrepe
07-11-2006, 04:10 AM
well..she confessed her love for squall after she got fired so she doesn't have to go to jail.;) well she didn't confess....but went to the secret place with him which is romantic also and shows she has feelings for him

True, true, but I felt sorry for her when he told her to go talk to a wall...who wouldn't? :(

Qurange
07-11-2006, 06:16 AM
The wall, of course. It was probably hurt that she didn't take him up on his suggestion; Squall's closest companion since childhood has been the wall...

NorthernChaosGod
07-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I voted for other since I either liked a character or I didn't care about them.

Fireglass
07-11-2006, 07:47 AM
I gotta say, that dog in Dollet annoyed me to no end...

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Better to say go talk to a wall then...OMG you´re under arrest Miss Trepe and then she would be thrown to jail actually i think it would be a nice twist of events.

Polaris
07-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Better to say go talk to a wall then...OMG you´re under arrest Miss Trepe and then she would be thrown to jail actually i think it would be a nice twist of events.

You are unhuman lol how can u throw poor Wuistis to jail? She's so adorable and at least she's not spoiler! She's always so reasonable, so calm...
Rinoa annoyed me when they were at her house at the first c.d. when she locked everyone at her home!

daggertrepe
07-12-2006, 06:22 PM
The wall, of course. It was probably hurt that she didn't take him up on his suggestion; Squall's closest companion since childhood has been the wall...

LMAO! :p

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-12-2006, 08:07 PM
I think that Quistis should be given life sentance...Squall should be sent into St.Mongos hospital and Rinoa should be public executed along with her two resistance friends.

scooby
07-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Quistis. I cannot abide that self-pitying depressive.

Rinoa2005
07-12-2006, 09:25 PM

You are unhuman lol how can u throw poor Wuistis to jail? She's so adorable and at least she's not spoiler! She's always so reasonable, so calm...
Rinoa annoyed me when they were at her house at the first c.d. when she locked everyone at her home!

What are you talking about? Rinoa didn't lock anyone Caraway was going to lock Rinoa but she left before the door closed. Quistis and the others got there at the wrong time and ended up locked in. That wasn't Rinoa's fault!

And by the way Quistis SHOULD be in jail!

daggertrepe
07-12-2006, 09:47 PM

What are you talking about? Rinoa didn't lock anyone Caraway was going to lock Rinoa but she left before the door closed. Quistis and the others got there at the wrong time and ended up locked in. That wasn't Rinoa's fault!

No she shouldn't...:p There is absolutely NO reason why she should. You guys probably don't even have a good reason as to why, because she didn't do anything wrong...:mad:

Gosh! Why are people so hateful and hurtful...? I'm not saying JUST towards Quistis...but towards Rinoa, too! Rinoa is actually ok!

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-12-2006, 10:21 PM

No she shouldn't...:p There is absolutely NO reason why she should. You guys probably don't even have a good reason as to why, because she didn't do anything wrong...:mad:

Gosh! Why are people so hateful and hurtful...? I'm not saying JUST towards Quistis...but towards Rinoa, too! Rinoa is actually ok!

Hummm actually i think you´re getting it more personal than us...their just characters that i don´t like, but i don´t feel no hate towards them i mean it´s not like i´m playing FF8 and when Rinoa, Quistis or Squall appear i kick my TV in anger...imagine how many tvs i would need to finish the game if i did that.
And although i don´t like them and personally think they are annoying characters i still put them in lv.100 and train them all equally.
So let´s just be cool about when i say that Quistis should go to jail or Rinoa should be public executated.
It´s just as bad when people say they think Zell is gay or Selphie is a spoiled brat...their my favourite characters but i deal with it, it´s all cool.:D

Rinoa2005
07-12-2006, 11:08 PM

Fine... Quistis it's not that bad... I don't dislike her but sometimes she can be too depressive... She should be a little happier... (Maybe if you lock her all day in a room with Selphie she'll get better... or end up crazy after the first five minutes):D

daggertrepe
07-12-2006, 11:31 PM

Fine... Quistis it's not that bad... I don't dislike her but sometimes she can be too depressive... She should be a little happier... (Maybe if you lock her all day in a room with Selphie she'll get better... or end up crazy after the first five minutes):D

Lol, that's the spirit! :)

I hated Rinoa at first, but then, she grew on me, especaily after Adel. I felt bad for her-she was stuck to such an atrocious creature...:(

But anyway, I don't think we should hate any charcter. You don't have to like them, but you don't have to hate them, either.

And you're right-Quistis should cheer up a bit. But she is conservative-that's just the way she is! :)

atlanteay
07-13-2006, 12:29 AM
she's an instructer...she needs to be strict and well....not very high like selphie:p but it'd be funny to leave her and selphie on a train:D

wow! didnt know that the quistis and jail thing would go on this long:p

daggertrepe
07-13-2006, 12:32 AM
she's an instructer...she needs to be strict and well....not very high like selphie:p but it'd be funny to leave her and selphie on a train:D

wow! didnt know that the quistis and jail thing would go on this long:p

Haha! Good fanficiton idea, there! :)

loinharte
07-13-2006, 06:09 PM
i hate Quistis she has no purpose in FFVIII

daggertrepe
07-13-2006, 11:57 PM

You're wrong.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-14-2006, 12:26 AM
It´s just funny that you started this thread and say no discussions at the begining and to respect each others choices and then whenever someone says bad about Quistis you immediately say their wrong or find some excuse...

This thread should be called " Favourite character debate"

atlanteay
07-14-2006, 12:35 AM
then let it be a debate... she's said something back to other members and other members said something back to her as well... so it may seem that SakuraAngel is not following her own guidelines, other people are ignoring the guidelines too by replying to what she said. So ignore what people said about your opinions if you plan to follow the guidelines completely.

besides, it's okay to point something out.

of course quistis has a purpose...or else squall would be eaten/ killed by Ifirit.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Then let´s debate...

Should Squall went into the fire cavern withought Quistis he would have still defeated Ifrit...:eep:

Polaris
07-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Then let´s debate...

Should Squall went into the fire cavern withought Quistis he would have still defeated Ifrit...:eep:

Whatever :eep:

The perfect answer for Squall theme :D

ff_sweden
07-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Quistsis is my fave character, no question about it:love:

Numb
07-14-2006, 01:08 PM
I never played FFVIII but I'd love to play it, it's actually hard to get these days and when I think of ordering it I go to fourms and 50% LOVE IT but the other half HATE IT so I got confused:confused:
anyways, I was wondering why is Rinoa 17% which is the most? isn't she like the main FEMALE char?

and oh yeah, Adel is my fathers name:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: is he the bad guy or something?:p

Polaris
07-14-2006, 01:51 PM
anyways, I was wondering why is Rinoa 17% which is the most? isn't she like the main FEMALE char?

and oh yeah, Adel is my fathers name:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: is he the bad guy or something?:p

loool Adel is a sorceress, she's a woman lool of course not all woman could be beautiful in the game!

Yep Rinoa it's the main female character but she has a weird personality!

daggertrepe
07-14-2006, 04:57 PM
then let it be a debate... she's said something back to other members and other members said something back to her as well... so it may seem that SakuraAngel is not following her own guidelines, other people are ignoring the guidelines too by replying to what she said. So ignore what people said about your opinions if you plan to follow the guidelines completely.

besides, it's okay to point something out.

of course quistis has a purpose...or else squall would be eaten/ killed by Ifirit.

LMAO!!!

ff_sweden is like my bf on this site, lol.

Everyone's right. I got carried away. If I like Quistis, fine, no onel's gonna stop me or make a hate thread against me.

ff_sweden
07-15-2006, 01:32 PM
REALLY?:love:

daggertrepe
07-15-2006, 09:31 PM
REALLY?:love:

Duh...:p

the holy meteor
07-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Quistis > Rinoa :mog:

G SpOtZ
07-16-2006, 08:30 AM
I picked Edea because it was the only one with 0 votes.

Doesn't she have some kind of growth or wierdness on the side of her face, anyway? It's all like... veiny and whatnot.

daggertrepe
07-16-2006, 03:22 PM
I picked Edea because it was the only one with 0 votes.

Doesn't she have some kind of growth or wierdness on the side of her face, anyway? It's all like... veiny and whatnot.

Ultimecia probably painted that on her face cuz she didn't have it at the end. :p

Pandemonium
07-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Voted Zell. God, he bugged me! I loved basically all the female people. Actually, yeah. My favourite was Raine..

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Well... I haven't played this game that much so I don't really have a least characte. lol

Dr. Acula
07-22-2006, 08:56 AM
ps i didnt like quistis much
neither! she's my least fave.

daggertrepe
07-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Wow...ppl hate Quistis and Rinoa equally! My fav characters...:cry:

Lightning
07-22-2006, 07:35 PM

Not anymore. I voted Rinoa. Bwhaha! f f freak was right...

RINOA MUST DIE!!!!

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
07-22-2006, 09:01 PM
It appears i was right most people hate them over everyone else.

I don´t now if they should die(actually i do) but it a given fact that they are the most annoying characters of FFVIII.

In order of desliking i would say:

1ºRinoa (words cannot express it)

2ºQuistis ( to think i thought she was cool at the begining and now i see her as a bossy woman, who deep down inside sucks at everything)

3ºSquall (the hole i´m a loner attitude ended up annoying me and te fact that he ends up stuck to Rinoa is also a negative bonus).

Laugh at face of Danger
07-22-2006, 10:32 PM
really disliked Xu, she was so stuck up! *fumes*

Human Devil
07-24-2006, 03:11 AM
Seifers cool lookin in all but he has a temper prob and his dream is to become a lap dog for a sorceress. I also didnt really like Quistis and Rinoa. Rinoa cries alot always wants Squall and Quistis always tries to get into Squall's buisness just leave the guy alone.

DfKimera
07-24-2006, 06:33 AM
I've always hated Seifer, then for a few moments I didn't liked Irvine, but in the end he turned out cool...

I also can't get why everyone hate Rinoa and Quistis... They're in Top 5:

1) Squall (Yeah, he was a bitch in the start, but he turns to be a kewl guy, of course, when I pick what he has to say XD)
2) Rinoa (She always was nice and threatened things with the heart, basically thats what made Squall change his personality... She's also damn cute)
3) Selphie (Always happy and energic, pretty beautiful and with great personality. I've liked her char since her and Squall bumped in the second floor of Garden)
5) Irvine (He can sound pretty annoying at first, but in the end he's always trying to help Rinoa and Squall to get together)

Emery
07-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Quistis just does not appeal to me. At all. :tongue:

*~Angel Wing~*
07-24-2006, 11:44 PM

You're wrong.
I agree with *~Dagger Trepe~*. Although Quistis isn't one of my favorites, I think it's wrong saying she didn't have a purpose. :(

It´s just funny that you started this thread and say no discussions at the begining and to respect each others choices and then whenever someone says bad about Quistis you immediately say their wrong or find some excuse...
LOL for real!!! :laugh: :D

I never played FFVIII but I'd love to play it, it's actually hard to get these days and when I think of ordering it I go to fourms and 50% LOVE IT but the other half HATE IT so I got confused

:jess: PLAY IT!!! :jess:

:kaolove: :thumb: :kaohappy2 :kaolove2: :heart: FFVIII IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE!!! :heart: :kaolove2: :kaohappy2 :thumb: :kaolove:

Emery
07-25-2006, 08:02 AM
DIE QUISTIS!!!!! ;)

ChibiKadaj
07-28-2006, 05:40 AM
Rinoa and that's pretty much it lol, everyone else is cool I can't stand that bastard though lol

Cookie
07-28-2006, 08:07 AM

You said in your first post you didn't like Rinoa!

Seifer rulez!!!

Irvine sucks (Pointless character to the game- you only need him to snipe the sorceress and he cant even do that:mad2: :mad2: )

Quistis_Trepe
07-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Rinoa is absolutely annoying...

Quistis and Seifer rule!

Cookie
07-28-2006, 11:04 PM
Rinoa is absolutely annoying...

Quistis and Seifer rule!

Dunno about Quistis but Seifer is MINT!
Only capitals can describe how great he really is!

Omnislash07
07-29-2006, 12:08 AM

I second that.:)

Ill third that, she was just too happy... all the time, I cant stand people that are too happy, its not natural

black_cloud
07-29-2006, 01:19 AM
i cant say i havent played final fantasy enough yet

Qurange
07-29-2006, 09:29 AM
Selphie wasn't always happy; she just preferred staying upbeat to letting the world bring her down. I can kind of respect that.

Dr. Acula
07-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Ok, after careful consideration and a lot of ff8 playing, I have come to the conclusion that Quistis is no longer my least fave character. Adel is.

King-Killer
08-02-2006, 01:56 PM
What's the point of making a LEAST Favorite character?
Shouldn't it be Favorite?
I though it was favorite, and chose Quistis.
Damn it!

daggertrepe
08-02-2006, 05:18 PM
Lol Janice should have her own game...:love:

Um...I really dunno what to say except that everyone has opinions and I can't change them. So yes, I think that Ulti. is the worst, and Qusitis is the best!

*~Angel Wing~*
08-02-2006, 05:34 PM

You said in your first post you didn't like Rinoa!
OMG for real!!! :laugh: She was saying all this stuff how she hated Rinoa and was dissing her and everything, and now *~Dagger Trepe~* likes her...:rolleyes2

Oh well that's okay, cuz I really like Rinoa too!!! :kaohappy2

Irvine sucks (Pointless character to the game- you only need him to snipe the sorceress and he cant even do that:mad2: :mad2: )
Aw...:( I really like Irvy!!! :jess: He's funny and he's cute too!!! :D

King-Killer
08-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Can't say I've got a least favorite character, I like them all!

Quistis is the Best
Rinoa is Sweet
Selphie is a Child like character, but fun to be with.

Squall takes care of everyone, including enemies...
Zell is Practical
Irvine is Top Gun, literaly.

Seifer is the best Knight
Edea is the best Sorceress
Raijin is the best, well..., ya know.
Fujin is in one word, Perfect girlfriend, one word/day instead of one/sec.
...I tell that to my ex..

Xu's Always there.
Cid is Never there.
Nida is, wait, do I Know him?

Laguna is the best Leader
Kiros is the best Friend. always there, always...
Ward ... omg, I'm speechless. very Fine guy.
Julia is very Beautyful
Ellone is Cute, but not attractive, just like .. a sister.

Ruby Dragon is the best Dragon
Behemoth is the best Beast
Iron Giant has the biggest Sword (not blade)

Norg: is the big fat guy that sits in is lousy chair all day doing Nothing.
or was that me?.... (Odin)
but I'm not fat, nor skinny.

Adel is, ... ?? wait a second... ?? Is that supposed to be a woman?
Ultimecia is the greatest *****

Everyone play their roles so good.
I can't complain.
(Except maby more FFVIII games...)
And that's all.

*~Angel Wing~*
08-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Can't say I've got a least favorite character, I like them all!

Quistis is the Best
Rinoa is Sweet
Selphie is a Child like character, but fun to be with.

Squall takes care of everyone, including enemies...
Zell is Practical
Irvine is Top Gun, literaly.

Seifer is the best Knight
Edea is the best Sorceress
Raijin is the best, well..., ya know.
Fujin is in one word, Perfect girlfriend, one word/day instead of one/sec.
...I tell that to my ex..

Xu's Always there.
Cid is Never there.
Nida is, wait, do I Know him?

Laguna is the best Leader
Kiros is the best Friend. always there, always...
Ward ... omg, I'm speechless. very Fine guy.
Julia is very Beautyful
Ellone is Cute, but not attractive, just like .. a sister.

Ruby Dragon is the best Dragon
Behemoth is the best Beast
Iron Giant has the biggest Sword (not blade)

Norg: is the big fat guy that sits in is lousy chair all day doing Nothing.
or was that me?.... (Odin)
but I'm not fat, nor skinny.

Adel is, ... ?? wait a second... ?? Is that supposed to be a woman?
Ultimecia is the greatest *****

Everyone play their roles so good.
I can't complain.
(Except maby more FFVIII games...)
And that's all.
Wow...that was beautiful. :cry: :thumb:

Aurons_Desciple
08-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Selphie - just too chirpy and annoying, a lot like Rikku from X-2

Hexarar
08-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Kome on, people, I know all of you hate Ultimekia the most. Just think about it: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE IT TO 3RD CD!!!) You find out of her in the beginning of cd 3, see her onke (ONKE, for Khrist's sake!) during the 2 remaining cds, then you go and fight her (and she piks the fighters randomly). She kould easily be replaked by Barney the dinosaur(sorry Barney) without it affekting the story anyhow. A villain like that just makes no sense *drools over the piktures of Sephiroth and Kefka*.
And that akkent! Kurse her!

King-Killer
08-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Kome on, people, I know all of you hate Ultimekia the most. Just think about it: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE IT TO 3RD CD!!!) You find out of her in the beginning of cd 3, see her onke (ONKE, for Khrist's sake!) during the 2 remaining cds, then you go and fight her (and she piks the fighters randomly). She kould easily be replaked by Barney the dinosaur(sorry Barney) without it affekting the story anyhow. A villain like that just makes no sense *drools over the piktures of Sephiroth and Kefka*.
And that akkent! Kurse her!

1- What you are saying makes no sence.
2- She can only possess another sorceress
If not, just take Ellone and to the job done anyway.

Hexarar
08-03-2006, 07:38 PM
1- What you are saying makes no sence.

Ok, I'm sorry. My mother tongue isn't english. I just couldn't figure out how to say it more clearly. However, I am trying to explain she had no personality at all. At least I think I am. They could have replaced her with Barney the dinosaur (as I said) or huge Pikachu who'd, for some unsensible reason, would have the ability to possess sorceressess and would want to achieve Time Compress. Quess it's still unclear, but... it's an opinion. Who says they should be justified? (checked the last word from dictionary, not sure if it is right) *makes a cute doggy face*